Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Germany - Bundesliga  (Read 8350 times)

Gartz

• Aquilotto
Re: Germany - Bundesliga
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011, 04:46:55 PM »

Brian, why are Schalke doing so lousy in the Bundesliga while so good in the CL, not enough depth ?

All of thing happened since last summer at Gelesenkirchen. Felix Magath being the General Manager and the Coach until recently was trying to put a competitive team for CL but it seemed he was spending too much time with the calculator at his office compared to Chalks & Board at the locker room. During his era he had bought 38 players and sold 30, especially selling 3 starters of the defense of 09/10 season plus loaning out a half starter was critical to start with. Then after going trough a bad August he decided to buy some expensive players from abroad at the last minute of transfer deadline ending up with a squad play with bunch of tourists. There were also bad blood with the top management and fans by firing publicly related staff who had worked over 30 years and brining in his "corporate" people.
Of course Schalke wasn't stable with their financial situation but things had gone a little too far.

The new born Schalke with Ralf Rangnick is so far so good but I must admit they owe the success also to Magath as Felix had trained the players very hard as if they were at a boot camp with discipline.

On another note, Bayern still have a chance to get a CL spot. They need it badly or next year will be hard.... You cannot have Robben and Ribery, Schweini and Lahm and not play Champions League football.

And it would be sad to see Gladbach go down, such a big club with such a history

I wouldn't mind if Robben & Co. get some rest like Gerrad & Co. will. :twinkle:
But seriously, it iwll be tough for Buli clubs like Doofmund, Bayer Aspirins and Hannover Orals (69 not 96?) to be competitive at CL.

As for BMG, they are now a club of brining up young players rather than having the ambition to make it big again as they once used to be, though they are trying.

Meyo

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2011, 09:53:22 AM »

Thanks for the info. I know you stalk Schalke :)

A CL without Bayern is missing something.... Bayern have done so well in the last years, it would be a shame not to have them. On another note, I am very excited to see Dortmund next year.

I support Bayern usually, but watching Dortmund play is ENJOYABLE. I would definitely root for them next year and I think they can do something, definitely not contend for the CL title, but they will be a strong presence.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2011, 01:19:18 PM »

Bayern are suffering because of the nature of their club at the moment. They are no longer a big gun, so they can't compete with the likes of Real for talents like Ozil and at the same time, they don't have any of Germany's new talents, except maybe Mueller.

Borussia are losing the league fast though, Leverkusen have caught really quickly. I'm excited to see both sides in the Champions League and for the sake of the Bundesliga, it's paramount their top players stay put. Dortmund and Leverkusen will be forces in Europe if they can keep their squads from the vultures.

I actually think it is good for the Bundesliga if Bayern miss out, they really have no divine right to be the giants of Germany and it would be nice to see a bit of competition.

Gartz

• Aquilotto
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2011, 03:10:58 PM »

I would't say Bauern are without talents when they have players like Thomas Müller, Toni Kroos & Mehmet Ekici (loaned to Stuttgart) and also I would hate to admit this but a club who won the domestix double and who was at the CL final and is in the top 5 of the wealthiest club in the world, gotta be a gigante. What scares me more is that this seasons bad result will end up buying off other clubs talents and therefore could easly kill the competitors. See they've already taken Bayer Aspirin's coach!

Bobbi

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2011, 05:39:30 AM »

The Bundesliga has been entertaining again this season. Dortmund have been exciting to watch and I hope they win the league. Some of their young players are incredible and if they can hold onto them then I'm sure they can have a good run in the CL next season, as well as in Germany for years to come.

My favourite German side Stuttgart are having a terrible season. Just 2 points above the relegation zone in 15th place. Everything's gone wrong but in recent weeks they've shown some form and picked up some wins. Hopefully they survive the relegation battle.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 05:41:37 AM by Bobbi »

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2011, 11:55:51 AM »

I would't say Bauern are without talents when they have players like Thomas Müller, Toni Kroos & Mehmet Ekici (loaned to Stuttgart) and also I would hate to admit this but a club who won the domestix double and who was at the CL final and is in the top 5 of the wealthiest club in the world, gotta be a gigante. What scares me more is that this seasons bad result will end up buying off other clubs talents and therefore could easly kill the competitors. See they've already taken Bayer Aspirin's coach!

That's going to happen either way I believe, win or lose, they thieve talents and that was my point really. They're not giants in my mind because they haven't been consistent in the last 5-10 years. I cannot put them up there with the likes of Man U, Chelsea and Barca, for example. You could argue Inter, Arsenal and Real are also above them in modern football. I think they've slipped a little in terms of what they can achieve.

That's why I like seeing Dortmund and Leverkusen up there and especially them. Dortmund have a CL and Leverkusen have a CL final appearance... they have recent history with Europe's elite.

Meyo

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2011, 01:28:08 AM »

Bayern - Bayer should be a treat tomorrow... Bayern are under pressure to get a CL post, and I am hoping for a win. It wont be easy with Van Gal's assistant taking over...

Tomorrow will be there first game after Van Gal and I wanna see how they will play.

Amir

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2011, 08:52:40 AM »

It is stunning to see Wolfsburg with such a team in the relegation zone. On paper, they could compete in every European league.
AVE LAZIO - Popolus tuus te acclamat

Meyo

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2011, 12:50:33 PM »

As I said to flurff on chatbox, Buindesliga is WEIRD this way, but beautiful....

Look at Werder, Schalke, Stuttgart, and Wolfsburg ! All weird...

Meyo

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2011, 11:02:56 AM »

Wow Bayern demolished Leverkusen ! Good riddance Van Gal :) I think the team benefited from the phsychological factor.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7