Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: 2010/11 Champions League  (Read 12858 times)

Juzko

• Aquila Senior
Re: 2010/11 Champions League
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2010, 08:26:08 PM »

is it just me or does the CL seem to have lowest quality of teams in ages?
seems like a bunch of sti cazzis, almost equal to europa league..

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2010, 08:29:03 PM »

I'd go with that:

Group A: Inter, Werder Bremen, Tottenham Hotspur, Twente
Group B: Lyon, Benfica, Schalke, Hapoel Tel-Aviv
Group C: Man Utd, Valencia, Rangers, Bursaspor
Group D: Barcelona, Panathinaikos, Copenhagen, Rubin
Group E: Bayern Munich, Roma, Basel, CFR Cluj
Group F: Chelsea, Marseille, Spartak Moscow, Zilina
Group G: AC Milan, Real Madrid, Ajax, Auxerre
Group H: Arsenal, Shakhtar, SC Braga, Partizan

You really think Milan are not going to qualify? I would say Milan and Real Madrid would qualify. Auxerre have not been in the Champions League a long time while Milan have more expierience although I still think Milan will struggle.

The Auxerre side is really accomplished, misleadingly so and they've shown in the league and against Zenit that they are full of confidence and can beat big teams.

AC Milan and Rioma both lack depth and maybe it's naive to think they'll fall at the first hurdle but all Italian sides in Europe will have one eye on Serie A at all times. It's too competitive for them not to.

It's hard to rate Ajax, Luis Suarez aside.

Bobbi

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2010, 03:00:09 PM »

IMO group A will be the tightest, followed by groups G and B.

Hope to see Barcelona, Ajax and Benfica all do well.

Ivano

• Aquilotto
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2010, 11:38:24 AM »

Alitalia airfare Toronto to Rome - $900
Hotel  Sheraton Roma - $200 + $ Lazio ticket
Watching Lazio play - Money can NOT buy that experience!

joschi

• Aquilotto
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2010, 12:27:23 PM »

Hehe, today Riomma will get paddled once again!!  :stendrm:

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2010, 11:47:37 PM »

rioma,team for the statistics in CL,nothing else :offlag:

Rizmo

• LF Legend
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2010, 02:02:39 AM »

Merda got smacked where the sun don't shine tonight. Still no victory for them this season..

... but I'm sure I'm correct and you are wrong.

"Maki man, Maki man, e'erbody do the Maki man, cos Maki can, Maki can, e'erbody know that Maki can cos he da man, he da man, e'erbody know that he da man, so be his fan, be his fan, e'erbody be the Maki fan" - Caxi dropping some truth on ya'll.

Taib

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2010, 05:09:41 PM »

To be really honest, the Italian teams can not be losing points to the German teams. As it stands Italy will lose it's fourth Champions League place to the Germans unless there is a big turnaround. We are five points behind. Inter not winning against Twente does not help. The Italian teams need to win and not make any mistakes now. If Italy lose it's place it will hurt the entire league because the television money is bargained collectively.

LofL

• LF Legend
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2010, 05:45:47 PM »

To be really honest, the Italian teams can not be losing points to the German teams. As it stands Italy will lose it's fourth Champions League place to the Germans unless there is a big turnaround. We are five points behind. Inter not winning against Twente does not help. The Italian teams need to win and not make any mistakes now. If Italy lose it's place it will hurt the entire league because the television money is bargained collectively.

Since there is one crap Italian league in the CL this year Inter and Milan will just have to do better. Bayern all the way! They better win the away game too.

On paper Italy have some strong teams in the Europe League this year but I still doubt they will take it serious enough. Napoli and Juventus got though groups too.

Taib

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2010, 06:17:25 PM »

Since there is one crap Italian league in the CL this year Inter and Milan will just have to do better. Bayern all the way! They better win the away game too.

On paper Italy have some strong teams in the Europe League this year but I still doubt they will take it serious enough. Napoli and Juventus got though groups too.

There is no garuntee they will do better. All the Italians team have do a good job and win matches not just rely on Milan and Internazionale. I remember on the old board when Milan won the Champions League in 2007 and I was happy that they did but a lot of posters were unhappy. Coglioni that do not even know what is good for them.

Now it is crunch time and on the verge of disaster really. They have to take it seriously now otherwise the massive wake-up slap when Italy loses the place will happen and everyone will point fingers at everyone else.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14