Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 104

Author Topic: Injuries!  (Read 61163 times)

Cash

• LF Legend
Re: Injuries!
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2012, 01:51:00 AM »

Sorry for keep bringing this issue up, but after the winter break and the chance for players and medical staff to work in order to get the team ready for this part of the season we are against Siena fielding, most probably, the following eleven players:

Bizzarri, Scaloni, Stanke, Biava, Radu, Cana, Ledesma, Lulic, Sculli, Cisse and Klose.

So the break came at the right time for these eleven to get back on track. Ok. But what about the rest? Still no Brocchi, no Dias, no Marchetti, Hernanes is out now, no Matuzalem and no Mauri (probably missing someone as well). What the f*ck are they up to? is it a massive conspiracy making sure Lazio cannot compete for real? All of the above players were commented as being close to returning (apart from Brocchi maybe and Mauri for sure) before the players went on their break. None is ready to play tomorrow.
Lotito VATTENE!

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2012, 05:16:06 PM »

I think the medical team are trying to rectify the overtraining of our players in pre-season. I already stated why we overtrained. As I mentioned previously, Marchetti has musuclar fatigue, as did Mauri and as does Hernanes now. Not sure about the others but I think many of our players simply have muscle tiredness and when you play them with this condition (see Mauri) they can pick up serious injury (see Mauri).

Now I think our staff are being seriously cautious and rightly so, but if this continues through the second half of the season, you have to weigh up the pros and cons of that approach. The club will not though, the most important games for them were against Rabotnicki, but we could have won that with our eyes closed with the benefit of hindsight...

Caput Mundi

• LF Legend
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2012, 01:31:53 AM »

We have always had both a horrible fitness regime (even under Delio "sports scientist" Rossi) and gypsies for a medical staff.

Some injuries are bad luck such as broken legs and torn cruciate ligaments but the vast majority, including virtually all fatigue and soft tissue injuries are a result of poor fitness management.
La Lazio la nostra. Guai a chi la tocca.

Amir

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2012, 04:46:12 PM »

Rumors today that even Cana and Scaloni got injured vs Siena.

In particular, Cana might be out for no less than 2 months. What a shame.
AVE LAZIO - Popolus tuus te acclamat

Cash

• LF Legend
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2012, 05:56:40 PM »

This is simply ridiculous...
Lotito VATTENE!

Aquila Rayale

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2012, 03:47:16 AM »

Our midfield is depleted hard core!!!
I wonder if there is a theory/ reason behind the cold months-south american injuries related? Just saying how a lot of south american players are not used to the cold?
Osare, Credere, Spavaldi di Essere. CN
:band04:        :band04:         :band04:

Caput Mundi

• LF Legend
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2012, 04:27:03 AM »

Our midfield is depleted hard core!!!
I wonder if there is a theory/ reason behind the cold months-south american injuries related? Just saying how a lot of south american players are not used to the cold?

How long did Matuzalem play in Ukraine for?

I think it would be due to poor fitness management more than anything. Remember our injury crises under Delio Rossi were almost as bad.
La Lazio la nostra. Guai a chi la tocca.

Aquila Rayale

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2012, 06:38:44 AM »

Thats tru, may be just bloody bad luck!
Osare, Credere, Spavaldi di Essere. CN
:band04:        :band04:         :band04:

Amir

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2012, 09:19:29 AM »

Rumors today that even Cana and Scaloni got injured vs Siena.

In particular, Cana might be out for no less than 2 months. What a shame.

For Cana it is official now: he received a kick in the back at that duel with Siena goalkeeper. He requested to be substituted at half time due to the pain.

Half an hour before yesterday`s training session, Reja was informed from the team doctor that Cana may be out for some time and that the doctor feared that he might be out for a while.

Following scans, it was revealed that he had 'fractured 2 vertabral bones L2 and L3" and he needs to rest for 30-40 days before returning to the mildest trainings.

What a blow, just when he was getting some playing time and adapting to the team. Damn.
AVE LAZIO - Popolus tuus te acclamat

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2012, 12:10:01 PM »

Sometimes I ask myself, do we hire monkeys to work in our medical department or wtf is going on?

When was the last time this club had a squad of 100% fit players, no injuries whatsoever.

We are doing something wrong, whether it be not treating injuries the right way so they keep coming back or going too hard at it on training I do not know, but seeing as there's people in the club being paid shitloads of $$$$ for keeping the players healthy, someone should know what the damn problem is.

This is beyond a joke, it is simply unacceptable that we constantly have players out injured..the word that comes to mind is..incompetence
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 104