Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 109

Author Topic: New sponsor Macron  (Read 86855 times)

Cash

• LF Legend
Re: New sponsor Macron
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2012, 07:41:15 AM »

I'm not complaining over Macron as the choice, but I wonder why now and why a one year deal?
Lotito VATTENE!

Caput Mundi

• LF Legend
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2012, 08:00:55 AM »

I'm not complaining over Macron as the choice, but I wonder why now and why a one year deal?
I don't think we can wait to find out definitively if we're in CL. We might not find out until the last day.

Most teams kits for next season would already be finalised and the rest close to it. If we wait til June to sign a kit deal, we'd be really rushing production of the sporting materials, we'd 100% get a standard template and probably less money too (because we'd need a sponsor and have to take what we can get).

I'd say Macron are paying us quite well (they probably offered us money under the assumption we'd make CL to beat off competitors; they are trying to sign as many serious teams as they can).

It's a one-year deal so that we can either renegotiate a better fee with Macron or, if not, to give us a little extra time to reach an agreement with a different company.
La Lazio la nostra. Guai a chi la tocca.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2012, 08:04:36 AM »

I don't think we can wait to find out definitively if we're in CL. We might not find out until the last day.

Most teams kits for next season would already be finalised and the rest close to it. If we wait til June to sign a kit deal, we'd be really rushing production of the sporting materials, we'd 100% get a standard template and probably less money too (because we'd need a sponsor and have to take what we can get).

I'd say Macron are paying us quite well (they probably offered us money under the assumption we'd make CL to beat off competitors; they are trying to sign as many serious teams as they can).

It's a one-year deal so that we can either renegotiate a better fee with Macron or, if not, to give us a little extra time to reach an agreement with a different company.

If we qualify for CL and then look like doing so come March next season, Macron will have to up their price because we will probably have nice offers from Asian companies.

Caput Mundi

• LF Legend
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2012, 08:22:17 AM »

If we qualify for CL and then look like doing so come March next season, Macron will have to up their price because we will probably have nice offers from Asian companies.

Potentially not just Asian companies either.

It does look as though we are going to become one of those teams that has a different smaller brand every couple of years, rather than signing a long term deal with one of the big 3 (adidas, Puma, Nike).
La Lazio la nostra. Guai a chi la tocca.

martinese

• LF Legend
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2012, 08:27:56 AM »

With the risk of getting a cheapo Asian brand, I don't think anyone should really complain.

Napoli have nice Macron kits and so do Bologna.

I agree. Macron are sponsoring more and more teams and maybe that means that the company is getting bigger. It's strange to sign only a 1 year deal but maybe like some of you guys said it's because next year we can renegotiate a better contract with them depending on our season.

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2012, 11:33:06 AM »

Are you sure there wasn't a typo and it is Makinwa's new venture of shirt designs called Makron?

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2012, 11:35:19 AM »

I like the way you thinking, Gio - but I don't think that Maki would change from the big business "Mak" into "Mac".

Secret_Samadhi

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2012, 01:13:31 PM »

I dream of adidas.

Hadi Van Der Vaart

• LF Legend
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2012, 01:41:19 PM »

With a one year contract, I hope we will get better apparel which has worldwide reputation next year.
Players come and go, but my Lazio is still eternal.
A ROMA LA LAZIO C'E SOLO LA LAZIO!!! FORZA LAZIO!!!

Ed

• LF Legend
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2012, 04:38:08 PM »

Puma have given us some really hideous kits over the past few years and it had got to the stage where we were more and more surprised by nice kits such as this years. I always used to really like the designs Puma gave us in the late 90's and early 00's, but later they often seemed to add a stupid design "inovation" for the sake of it (sailor boy shirts, THAT collar). I can't say Macron is the ideal choice based on name alone, not one of the biggest companies and a 1 year deal seems not financially the best option, but I will reserve judegement until we see the actual kit.
If we get a pink goalie and a set of sailors then :sevil:

Hope they are more receptive to using Makipizza Inc. as the sponsor...

« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 04:40:48 PM by Ed »
MAKI "I would like to say hello to you guys and I appreciate all you've been doing to me and I promise wherever I go I will always be available for you guys! Thanks, cheers!"

@Stevemakoz "Partita dominata alla grande. Complimenti ragazzi. Forza Lazio"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 109