Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28

Author Topic: 2012/13 UEFA Champions League  (Read 17883 times)

Caput Mundi

• LF Legend
Re: 2012/13 UEFA Champions League
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2012, 12:08:18 PM »

They are bigger than Braga and maybe that's the point here.

Guidolin has gone home to reflect - I don't expect him to resign but he is certainly giving it thought. Very interesting to hear Domizzi though who said that Udinese clearly lack technical ability at the highest level and that a Top 6 placing is as good as they can achieve this season as there is no point in securing a Champions League spot if you're not good enough to play  in the competition.

I wouldn't be too hard on Udinese as I don't believe we could do much better.

I agree. To say we should be there is romanista-style. We have just fallen short over the last two years for a reason.

I also think Guidolin and Di Natale saying they only stayed on at Udinese this season 'cause the club needed them for CL football is telling. Their hearts are obviously in it but their heads are not.

At the end of the day though, they simply failed because a complete muppet called Maicosuel tried a Panenka and got it so wrong. Maybe it's an overreaction, but surely there's a good case for him to never play for their club again?
La Lazio la nostra. Guai a chi la tocca.

hamid

• LF Legend
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2012, 12:15:12 PM »

And I must admit that I really doubt if Milan and Juve can go to upper levels than group stage this year. It'll gonna be a bad year for Italian football.
we breathe LAZIO

LofL

• LF Legend
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2012, 12:26:45 PM »

Udinese will win more matches in EL anyway, so I see this as a good thing for Italian football.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2012, 12:26:55 PM »

People say it is bad for the coefficient but if Udinese put together a run in Europa League then it makes no difference whatsoever. The problem is 3rd place in Portugal just beat our 3rd best team, so it looks very worrying.

Udinese need to find some form of motivation now. I actually think this is the killer blow we've been waiting for.

At the end of the day though, they simply failed because a complete muppet called Maicosuel tried a Panenka and got it so wrong. Maybe it's an overreaction, but surely there's a good case for him to never play for their club again?

"At the end of the day though, they simply succeeded because a complete muppet called Pirlo tried a Panenka and got it so right. Maybe it's an overreaction, but surely there's a good case for him to never play for his country again?"

Pot, kettle, black? Don't think you can be so hard on Maicosuel, but I would say this - Maicosuel is fairly unknown so the goalkeeper wouldn't have much of an idea where he should commit, so he's going to hesitate so that is the last thing the kid should be trying especially since he made no effort to commit the goalkeeper to either side. That's just immaturity.

Hadi Van Der Vaart

• LF Legend
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2012, 03:46:14 PM »

Stupid udinese!!! They must be placed in the same league with salernitana!!!
Players come and go, but my Lazio is still eternal.
A ROMA LA LAZIO C'E SOLO LA LAZIO!!! FORZA LAZIO!!!

Amir

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2012, 10:16:50 AM »

The draw is today at 18;00 CET I think!
AVE LAZIO - Popolus tuus te acclamat

Rizmo

• LF Legend
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2012, 10:49:09 AM »

People say it is bad for the coefficient but if Udinese put together a run in Europa League then it makes no difference whatsoever. The problem is 3rd place in Portugal just beat our 3rd best team, so it looks very worrying.

How is the coefficient counted anyway? Let's say for a team to pass the groupstage in CL/EL? Is there a big difference?
... but I'm sure I'm correct and you are wrong.

"Maki man, Maki man, e'erbody do the Maki man, cos Maki can, Maki can, e'erbody know that Maki can cos he da man, he da man, e'erbody know that he da man, so be his fan, be his fan, e'erbody be the Maki fan" - Caxi dropping some truth on ya'll.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2012, 11:16:54 AM »

Passing rounds in the Champions League is almost double the points of EL but every win and draw, regardless of competition produces 2 and 1 point respectively.

There is no way we can old of Portugal though, they are going to surpass us this season unless at least two Italian teams make the final of either CL or EL and I would doubt we will hold off France either.

Rizmo

• LF Legend
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2012, 11:26:16 AM »

Good thing merda ain't in Europe this year as they'd crash out in the prelims already.

Portugal won't do us any harm I reckon. Well, Porto are seeded first so they might get an easy group but other then that.. naah. We can just hope Juve have a great run in the CL and that will effect their Serie A campaign.
... but I'm sure I'm correct and you are wrong.

"Maki man, Maki man, e'erbody do the Maki man, cos Maki can, Maki can, e'erbody know that Maki can cos he da man, he da man, e'erbody know that he da man, so be his fan, be his fan, e'erbody be the Maki fan" - Caxi dropping some truth on ya'll.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2012, 11:30:07 AM »

Good thing merda ain't in Europe this year as they'd crash out in the prelims already.

Portugal won't do us any harm I reckon. Well, Porto are seeded first so they might get an easy group but other then that.. naah. We can just hope Juve have a great run in the CL and that will effect their Serie A campaign.

Portugal have basically passed us, Serie A clubs need quite possibly their best season ever in Europe.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28