Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]

Author Topic: 2012/13 UEFA Champions League  (Read 17884 times)

Taib

• Aquila Senior
Re: 2012/13 UEFA Champions League
« Reply #270 on: May 02, 2013, 04:54:27 PM »

The defence is not a disaster. Real Madrid are obliged to attack.

I don't mind Pepe and Ramos, they are certainly decent defenders but they also have short fuses and weak mentalities, while Varane lacks experience and Coentrao lacks ability (he really is very poor for what Real paid for him). It's not a disastrous backline but psychologically, they would give me nightmares and when you look at it on paper, you can see why Lewandowski did what he did.

Real have issues in all areas of the team. As you say, attack is a problem. Benzema just doesn't score enough although that's in part to the fact that he plays the lone role like a second striker and Higuain, while being a hard worker and a good finisher does not do much else. The midfield's also got issues - Modric is quite overrated, as is Xabi Alonso and Khedira is a shadow of what he was a few years ago.

I do not subscribe to that. Ramos is here is to stay with Varane. Pepe got sent off against Barcelona and then Messi scored two goals costinig Madrid the tie. Last year it was Pepe who gave away the penalty which made the tie level 3-3 on aggregate and then we unluckily lost on penalty shoot out. This year Pepe let us down against Lewandowski who he was supposed to mark. Pepe can be the new Carvalho. We will probably buy a new right back so Ramos does not have to move to the right again.

Apart from that I would say only the striker area needs to be addressed and that is not too critical. I do not foresee many changes at all especially in lieu of the two previous summer transfer windows that we have conducted.

Eka_Baron

• LF Legend
« Reply #271 on: May 02, 2013, 05:00:22 PM »

The defence is not a disaster. Real Madrid are obliged to attack.

I don't mind Pepe and Ramos, they are certainly decent defenders but they also have short fuses and weak mentalities, while Varane lacks experience and Coentrao lacks ability (he really is very poor for what Real paid for him). It's not a disastrous backline but psychologically, they would give me nightmares and when you look at it on paper, you can see why Lewandowski did what he did.

Real have issues in all areas of the team. As you say, attack is a problem. Benzema just doesn't score enough although that's in part to the fact that he plays the lone role like a second striker and Higuain, while being a hard worker and a good finisher does not do much else. The midfield's also got issues - Modric is quite overrated, as is Xabi Alonso and Khedira is a shadow of what he was a few years ago.

I do not subscribe to that. Ramos is here is to stay with Varane. Pepe got sent off against Barcelona and then Messi scored two goals costinig Madrid the tie. Last year it was Pepe who gave away the penalty which made the tie level 3-3 on aggregate and then we unluckily lost on penalty shoot out. This year Pepe let us down against Lewandowski who he was supposed to mark. Pepe can be the new Carvalho. We will probably buy a new right back so Ramos does not have to move to the right again.

Apart from that I would say only the striker area needs to be addressed and that is not too critical. I do not foresee many changes at all especially in lieu of the two previous summer transfer windows that we have conducted.

I am Just curious,why u often use "we" and "us"?

Because Lazio ultras are friends with Ultrasur?

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #272 on: May 02, 2013, 05:13:38 PM »

Real have enough quality to mount a challenge year in, year out, but mount a challenge is all they will do unless they make serious changes. Real did not lose three Champions League semis in a row due to individual mistakes from Pepe. Pepe was put in difficult situations time and time again because Madrid could do nothing in midfield. The couldn't deal with Borussia's pressure in that area.

Real have serious problems. Hearing today about the fact that Essien only had a few players turn up to his 30th birthday party. The whole squad was invited, but only a couple saw fit to turn up. Add to that the fact Mourinho believes players were leaking story to the press and you have a team in absolute anarchy.

Also, you say La Liga won't struggle with the co-efficients, but I think they might. Like Italy, the economy is not there to allow for massive spending and both Barcelona and Real need to make major changes. It's very difficult to see how either side can recover without relying on the two best players in the world. After them, well, there will be no one soon.

Taib

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #273 on: May 02, 2013, 05:44:54 PM »

Real have enough quality to mount a challenge year in, year out, but mount a challenge is all they will do unless they make serious changes. Real did not lose three Champions League semis in a row due to individual mistakes from Pepe. Pepe was put in difficult situations time and time again because Madrid could do nothing in midfield. The couldn't deal with Borussia's pressure in that area.

Real have serious problems. Hearing today about the fact that Essien only had a few players turn up to his 30th birthday party. The whole squad was invited, but only a couple saw fit to turn up. Add to that the fact Mourinho believes players were leaking story to the press and you have a team in absolute anarchy.

Also, you say La Liga won't struggle with the co-efficients, but I think they might. Like Italy, the economy is not there to allow for massive spending and both Barcelona and Real need to make major changes. It's very difficult to see how either side can recover without relying on the two best players in the world. After them, well, there will be no one soon.

You are welcome to believe whatever you like. Like I said I do not envisage many changes only at defence or striker.

Spain have been getting the best coefficient in the midst of a major recession so I do not see that as an argument. If a team composed of purely homegrown players can reach the Final of the Europa League then spending does not matter if the average Spanish player is quality enough. Real Madrid and Barcelona have the highest revenue in world football are miles in front of the rest. Barcelona made 90 million more then third place and Real Madrid more then 100 million more. With Proyecto Bernanbeu I see that as rising for Real Madrid.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #274 on: May 25, 2013, 11:11:51 PM »

Bit disappointed about the Champions League final. Was obviously going for the Borussia - a team that were prominent when I was a kid. In truth, I felt they had no chance after the first 30 minutes or so when they dominated but couldn't carve out anything more than a half chance. Bayern were dangerous all night and that was the difference.

I was disappointed because I thought Bayern had a poor 1st half and Borussia had a poor 2nd half. Seeing a display like that, I doubt if either of these sides are around for the long haul. Guardiola may take Bayern to another level, but I'd worry about Borussia.

Rizmo

• LF Legend
« Reply #275 on: May 25, 2013, 11:20:49 PM »

This was just a warm up for tomorrows real final so of course it didn't live up to anything cause all my expectations are for tomorrow ;)

Dortmund were great first 30 but no way they would be able to keep that up all game. A poor final with glimpses of quality. Too bad Lewandowski brought the ball down with his hand before beating Neuer, would've been a sensational goal.

Great game by Rizzoli though. But too bad he can't do the same in Italy. Here in CL he keeps play going and flowing while if this was a Serie A game he would give freekick after freekick all game long...
... but I'm sure I'm correct and you are wrong.

"Maki man, Maki man, e'erbody do the Maki man, cos Maki can, Maki can, e'erbody know that Maki can cos he da man, he da man, e'erbody know that he da man, so be his fan, be his fan, e'erbody be the Maki fan" - Caxi dropping some truth on ya'll.

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #276 on: May 27, 2013, 02:38:05 AM »

Third final in last 4 years,they deserve the trophy.

Bobbi

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #277 on: May 27, 2013, 08:34:33 AM »

Very, very cruel on Dortmund to concede just before what was looking like the final would go to extra time. Both sides really did deserve to win the CL but fortune wasn't on Dortmund's side - had they scored inside the first 20 minutes of the match then who knows what would have happened.

Well done to Bayern though, but boy would it have been great to see Borussia win it. I hope they manage to retain Klopp and their best players over the coming seasons but it will be difficult when you have sides like Bayern throwing cash at Gotze and very likely Lewandowski too.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]