Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 43

Author Topic: Igli Tare  (Read 27334 times)

Caput Mundi

• LF Legend
Igli Tare
« on: July 23, 2012, 12:31:01 PM »

I searched for a similar thread so if one exists, pls merge mods.

Anyway, we have a detailed thread on the man who has the title president of SS Lazio but, after reading some comments lately and wanting to post my thoughts, I realised we lack one for his sidekick Igli.

Not sure if anyone took the time to read Lesclusivasiamonoi's little chat with one Emilson Cribari the other day? It was quite a good interview and it was a good flash back to recent times. Cribari wasn't the best defender but he was a good lad who put his face on the line for the club (literally).

Of interest to me was some comments about Igli Tare that Cribari made. Basically as we know a small group of players ran the show in the dressing room those years (2006-08) and Mr Tare was front and centre, speaking to players on behalf of Lotito and reporting private matters between the playing group to Lotito. Cribari summed up his (and most of the players') disappointment by explaining that Tare "violated the sanctity of the dressing room" and, in the end, no one could trust him again.

For a guy who was well known to be one of the friendlier ones back in the day, his recent dealings with some fans at Auronzo haven't been the most encouraging either.

From a personal perspective, Tare is a vile worm who has as much of a place at Lazio as his boss does but it is quite concerning to hear that former players hold the same opinion.
La Lazio Ť la nostra. Guai a chi la tocca.

Jofo

• Aquila Imperiale
Re: Igli Tare
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 01:27:48 PM »

Zouma

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 07:15:34 PM »

It is sad we've got such an unqualified and clearly despised person in such an important role within the club, especially as a good DS is arguably more important than a good manager - in the long term at least.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 07:36:46 PM »

It is sad we've got such an unqualified and clearly despised person in such an important role within the club, especially as a good DS is arguably more important than a good manager - in the long term at least.

Tare has all the qualifications necessary to be Director of Sport. He is as qualified as anyone.

Despised? It's one person. I liked Cribari as many already know here, but he does have a tendency to say too much. Tare may well be a weasel, but I have yet to see a truly credible source say a bad word about hm.

Zouma

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 07:42:34 PM »

OK, so he has the required paperwork, that really doesn't mean a lot in a county like Italy that's riddled with nepotism and backhanders. He's not shown he's capable of fulfilling such an important role in a big club like ours. Our long term transfer strategy is non-existent and we deserve more than the scatter-gun/throwing sh*t at the wall and seeing what sticks approach we've seen from Tare with last winter being the pinnacle of ineptitude.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 08:31:06 PM »

Project is nothing to do with Tare. Tare's job is to find good players and sign them. Let's see what he has done:

Albano Bizzarri - Free (best goalkeeper in Serie A during 2008-09 season).
Eliseu - 1mil - (left a season later after barely playing for 2.5mil).
Julio Cruz - Free (one of Serie A's best strikers in the last decade).
Sergio Floccari - Loan (initially signed on loan, had to be bought because he was such a star).
Gonzalo Barreto - 3mil (mother's death hindered his development, could yet emerge).
Thomas Hitzlsperger - 1mil (cheap goal machine).
Andre Dias - 2.5mil (for 18 months, one of Serie A's best CBs).
Mark Bresciano - Free (just had a great season in Palermo under Ballardini, so a logical choice).
Hernanes - 11mil (20 odd goals later...)
Giuseppe Sculli - 3mil (a fair price, no more I guess)
Alvaro Gonzalez - 2.5mil (being touted for double now having been reliable for 2 seasons now).
Javier Garrido - 3mil (thrown in on the Kolarov deal, been a handy back-up in the last 2 season no matter what anyone says).
Miroslav Klose - Free (enough said).
Marius Stankevicius (1mil, probably a waste but hadn't been given that much of chance before that mysterious injury).
Senad Lulic - 3.5mil (again, do I need to argue a case? 1 year later, touted for 12mil more).
Abdoulay Konko - 6mil (the fact very few complain about Lichtsteiner's sale for 10mil means we did ok here too ).
Lorik Cana - 6mil (valued at 6mil because Muslera was valued at almost 10, good deal considering we got...)
Federico Marchetti - 6mil (...a better keeper plus Cana for only 2mil more).
Djibril Cissť - 6mil (sold for a similar price when he flopped).
Antonio Candreva - Loan (and talked up in today's papers as being a key figure in our future).
Emiliano Alfaro - 3mil (not done much yet, but it's early days and he's already attracting other clubs).

Now, maybe some want to live in a world where bad guys aren't allowed big jobs but Igli Tare's record as DS is being questioned for insane reasons. If you want to argue about the overall project, we should really take it up in Claudio Lotito's thread.

Even in the other direction, I can't complain. Rozehnal for 5mil? LDS to Fiorentina for 6mil? Kolarov to Man City for 21mil + Garrido? Lichtsteiner to Juve for 11mil?

Not directing this at you Zouma, but Tare shouldn't be made a scapegoat.

Prati

• Aquilotto
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 08:44:26 PM »

I read the interview and got just the same reaction as Caput Mundi. Of course this shouldn't come as a surprise for anyone who has followed Tare but still it makes me even more sad to see such a man in our club. While it's clear for me Tare is incompetent to be a sporting director of a serious club (most Italian sporting journalist laugh for him having that kind of position...) the way he in a first place got the job is simply disgusting. Felice Pulici and others knew very well what they meant when they said that "Tare does not count for anything". He is Lotito's slave and that's all.

Zouma

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2012, 09:46:55 PM »

Caxi, was Tare not involved in the Zarate or Matuzalem deals?

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 11:21:56 PM »

Caxi, was Tare not involved in the Zarate or Matuzalem deals?

I discounted them because they originally came to Lazio when Tare was not DS. Also, it's well-known that Matuzalem was on our shortlist when Delio Rossi first came to Rome because Lotito loved him and we all know Lotito loved Zarate based on what he saw on YouTube.

The defence of the argument against Tare's actual record is weak. I cannot see how anyone can argue against his record for signing players. He shouldn't be here because he's not likeable? That's bizarre.

I don't care if he is Lotito's puppet. His job is to sign good players on a shoestring budget and he does it.

flurffmeister

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2012, 11:44:04 PM »

To be fair enough , for Tare hes doing a good job in the locker rooms , keeping peace and prosperity between the squad ,and his strong personality is actually a positive vibe for Lazio , remember 2 years ago how he yelled at Zarate for disrespecting Ballardini...as for the transfers he's clueless and doesnt know shit as well as he is not empowered to do anything ,it always has been Lotito's  final word not sabatini's nor Tare's.
Il tricolore non cancella l'odore.
Lotito Vattene.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 43