Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 44

Author Topic: Igli Tare  (Read 27608 times)

Caput Mundi

• LF Legend
Re: Igli Tare
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2012, 02:29:37 AM »

How did sending Stankevicius to travel with the team to Catania behind Reja's back and against his wishes last season reflect either "peace keeping" or the work of a good sporting director?

The man is a mess. You can argue his work as a scout is good but his title is director of sport and that makes him essentially the second most powerful man at the club.

You can't dismiss what Cribari says on the basis that it doesn't fit your argument. C'mon.

Interview is here, for those interested - http://www.lalaziosiamonoi.it/?action=read&idnotizia=27174

I don't have time to translate it properly, unfortunately.
La Lazio la nostra. Guai a chi la tocca.

birulangit

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2012, 02:42:50 AM »

litch to juve for 11 million is still sadly missed..
litch being the best right winger in serie A means that 11 million is proven a bargain

muslera was too cheap as well..
he was performing his best.. should have gotten more..
but time was running out.. as muslera doesnt want to renew..
its either sell him right away to galatasaray for that much..
or freeze him n get no money at all..

but yes.. we got a cheaper n better goalie

as for DS, tare is not a good DS.
but not everyone can work under lotito,
for all we know.. its lotito who has the say in everything..
tare is just doing the dirty work
much of tare's work is hard.. especially those wage negotiation with players..
and transfer fee with clubs.. IN INSTALLMENT  :sciarpa05:
so if he pulls it through.. he is doing an ok job..

one thing bad i noted about tare..
the honda saga.. nilmar case..
doesnt make decision fast enough.. wasting too much time on honda..
and worse with no back up plan.. thats stupid..

nilmar.. he should have follow up sometime before.. not until the last minute n cant seal the deal bcoz doesnt have time to do what it takes..

Caput Mundi

• LF Legend
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2012, 08:45:28 AM »

It's not just about his good and bad transfer deals though.

La Lazio e' un ente morale. What happened to the days when we had some kind of honour in our dealings? Over the last few years our management has, for no real benefit, severely damaged the careers of guys like Santarelli and others. Let's remember these unknown players are still real people, with real families and real needs to earn a viable income.

Tare, as Cribari says, is a man with no honour, who was happy to sell his teammates up the river in return for a cushy job from Lotito after he retired. And we're supposed to have respect for this man and his dealings?

There's a certain comportment we should expect of those representing our club.

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2012, 09:14:47 AM »

different people....different opinions.....

I personally had the chance to talk to him for 2 times. Naturally....I can't say that I know now the "whole" person-Tare.
But...I also can't say that he would have been an arrogant person who don't know what he is doing.

Cribari.....I'm not a "fan" of people who open too much their mouth....especially after a long time......does he have not got the balls to speak clear in the time when he was there.
Sure....maybe not good to act in that way, but also a little bit confusing to hear about that now.....
I hope you know what I mean.

Tare made some real good transfers, especially when we all know who is his boss and how much money he is getting from his boss for the transfers.

example: Marotta (Juve). He made transfers like Martinez (12 mill.  :razz:), Motta, Ziegler, and many others......
....now and last year he can/could spend much money for the whole summer. That's the difference. If a DS works for a big club with enough money....nearly every DS looks like that he's good in his job....

The best example to see how good are can work is when you look to Klose. Tare speaks a lot of languages and I would be more than happy if we could get more players from the bundesliga. Klose had many other offers, but Tare could convince him.
Also Lulic was a great signing. And if remember us back in the winter, everybody was sad and dissapointed about the mercato, because Tare couldn't finalize Honda.....for 15 mill....!!!!!!!
I'm not a big Candreva fan........but....look at how much money we got him! And we can't say that Candreva was bad. I'm not his biggest fan and I think that he has to do even more better, but this transfer was the better one...and I don't need to see Honda for saying this.
It's absolutely the right how Tare works or better say - how he has to work. Lazio is not a money-pig which you can squeeze and the money is jumping out. So it's clear that everybody should know that Lazio can only sign more expensive players in installments. And if the other club doesn't want this, then we have to accept that.

I personally was happy with the last summer mercato (Klose, Marchetti!!!!-the most important transfer, Cisse, Lulic), and I was also not dissapointed about the winter mercato. Sure - I also wished for more players, but Candreva did well and Cisse was sold for the same money which we spent for him...and that after flopping.
It was clear for me that Lazio can't spend in the summer and then in the winter again. That should every fan know.

How did sending Stankevicius to travel with the team to Catania behind Reja's back and against his wishes last season reflect either "peace keeping" or the work of a good sporting director?
I know about this before the game against Palermo, and after that we saw that Reja did all wrong......

muslera was too cheap as well..
No.

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2012, 09:16:38 AM »

La Lazio e' un ente morale. What happened to the days when we had some kind of honour in our dealings? Over the last few years our management has, for no real benefit, severely damaged the careers of guys like Santarelli and others. Let's remember these unknown players are still real people, with real families and real needs to earn a viable income.
Such things happen in nearly every club....but we don't really know that because we don't care about other clubs...

Amir

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2012, 09:52:51 AM »

Project is nothing to do with Tare. Tare's job is to find good players and sign them. Let's see what he has done:

Cathal, some people around don`t care about that even if Tare bring Messi, Iniesta or others.

They have their opinions based on grudges or whatever, but just not in facts.

I read the Cribari thing yesterday before this thread was started. But I can`t make judgements before hearing the other part of the story. Why it took 3 years for Cribari to speak? Why anyone else who left hasn`t spoken?

Also, if I hear in the dressing room player conspiring against the club, I would instantly run to higher authority in the club and report the issue. We have to respect the hierarchy withing the club and the person who pays us.

Also, find another DS in Serie A who has done better than Tare (in terms of quality vs. price and failed signings) and then we`ll talk about it.

Juve signed Felipe Melo for 25 mils, Diego 25 mils, Krasic 15 (65 millions altogether) 3 times the amount Tare signed all players during his tenure at the club.

For the love of God people, stop hating blindly people and concentrate on facts.
AVE LAZIO - Popolus tuus te acclamat

Caput Mundi

• LF Legend
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2012, 10:36:06 AM »

Project is nothing to do with Tare. Tare's job is to find good players and sign them. Let's see what he has done:

Cathal, some people around don`t care about that even if Tare bring Messi, Iniesta or others.

They have their opinions based on grudges or whatever, but just not in facts.

I read the Cribari thing yesterday before this thread was started. But I can`t make judgements before hearing the other part of the story. Why it took 3 years for Cribari to speak? Why anyone else who left hasn`t spoken?

Also, if I hear in the dressing room player conspiring against the club, I would instantly run to higher authority in the club and report the issue. We have to respect the hierarchy withing the club and the person who pays us.

Also, find another DS in Serie A who has done better than Tare (in terms of quality vs. price and failed signings) and then we`ll talk about it.

Juve signed Felipe Melo for 25 mils, Diego 25 mils, Krasic 15 (65 millions altogether) 3 times the amount Tare signed all players during his tenure at the club.

For the love of God people, stop hating blindly people and concentrate on facts.

I explicitly said my beef with Tare has nothing to do with transfers. Unlike you and many others, I don't base my support for the club on transfers, balance sheets and other trivialities. Lazio has values and traditions.

No one is addressing the issue of Tare violating the sanctity of the dressing room as a player to get his current job. This is a fact, not spin!

Why didn't Cribari speak earlier, you ask? Who knows. He was interviewed last week. The interview wasn't about Tare, it was a 360 degree piece which also discussed his time at Napoli, his future career and his injury. If he was interviewed two months ago, two years ago, whenever, I'm sure he'd have spoken then.

I realise Tare is from the same nation as you and therefore you're a big fan (hence the avatar). I'm sure you're also capable of looking past this for the benefit of the club. I was disappointed when Bresciano, one of my favourite Australian players, was a complete flop with us but that's life.

Such things happen in nearly every club....but we don't really know that because we don't care about other clubs...

This is not true because serious cases like this result in legal battles and make the news. You would hear about it happening with other clubs.

Granted this is more to do with Lotito, not Tare, but it is an example of the values of the club in decay.

It disgusts me that people look the other way and say, "oh but we signed a good player for 4 million euro, let it go."

If I only cared about that stuff, I could go and play Football Manager.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2012, 10:43:57 AM »

I understand what you're saying, but Tare's job is to sign players, which is why everything is brought back to his actual work.

What is your beef with Tare? That as one of most senior players in the dressing room, he reported matters to Lotito [probably under instruction) who was well aware that Delio Rossi's dressing room was utterly chaotic?

It worries me more that we have a potential cheats in the dressing room but let's turn a blind eye there because they are Italian...  :whistle: (sorry, couldn't resist).

Amir

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2012, 10:47:56 AM »

Like mentioned above, the job of Sporting Director is to find players, the best available with the cheaper price.

If you want to discuss the issues of moral within Lazio or Serie A, make a separate topic about it.

But it is totally unfair to attack Tare only because what Cribari had to say and what happened half a decade ago.

When you form and present an opinion about one person in a public forum, you should provide the reader with all information about that person and not only that piece which you think is incriminating and serving your purpose in trashing him.

About Tare being my compatriot - this is true and I am proud of that. The same with Valon Behrami and now Lorik Cana, but if you think I value them more than the club, in this you make a terrible mistake.

I judge people by their success in their official duties and not nationalities.

As long as Tare operates as he did so far, I will fully support him. If he starts signing the likes of Makinwa for 6 million; the likes of Krasic and Ziegeler for high amounts of money only because they play for Juve, then I will be the first to criticize him.
AVE LAZIO - Popolus tuus te acclamat

ArmLaziale

• LF Legend
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2012, 10:59:36 AM »

If we are going to put transfers above morale and values, then we should all pack our bags as glory hunters and start supporting PSG or City, they make great transfers and probably have great balance sheets as well (I guess)
Tare did ok on the market considering the tight budget and he speaks multiple languages as well, but his morale does not fit to my standards, I despise people like him.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 44