Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 48

Author Topic: Thomas Strakosha  (Read 8962 times)

Cnon

• LF Legend
Re: Thomas Strakosha
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2016, 01:23:14 PM »

He looked a bit nervous but made some good saves and played decent enough. Just needs to play more and get experience. But a solid start in a very tough environment.
It might not be perfect but I can stretch to maybe 75% close to perfect. That's all you get Cathal, 25%  :fingerup:

martinese

• LF Legend
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2016, 02:31:29 PM »

He looked a bit nervous but made some good saves and played decent enough. Just needs to play more and get experience. But a solid start in a very tough environment.

Agree. We can't expect much more from a youngster who wasn't supposed to start in this game. Remember Muslera's first game? Correct me if I'm wrong but it was against Milan and he conceded 5 goals and made some horrible mistakes?

Don

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2016, 03:56:56 PM »

Yep...
All in all it was a good debut
Don't hate the player, hate the game!

Cathal

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2016, 04:45:14 PM »

Making his debut under Inzaghi would've been a good confidence boost. As I said in the game topic, he did do poorly at Salernitana which leaves me worried about having him in goal for a prolonged spell, but Marchetti has been poor for us of late so I'm not going to get distressed about it.

moody

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2016, 04:49:14 PM »

Just from the extended highlights, I think he has quick reaction and did save a lot of shots, but his handling is still sloppy and many were palmed away and could've been dangerous. Promising talent though.

edo_shehb

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2016, 02:35:47 AM »

Decent debut to say the least, yes its he's not gonna fill the headlines like many-many "the next buffon" but at least now we know what he capable of

torsten

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2016, 02:57:56 AM »

I don't wanna be that guy but, I think he did okay, only reason it looked better than that was his fast reactions for his own mistakes. He placed himself bad and made a lot of mistakes. But at least he took what he should have.
Alessandro Nesta, Fernando Couto, Stefano Fiore, Tommaso Rocchi, Stefano Mauri, Giuseppe Biava, Federico Marchetti, Danilo Cataldi, Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, Simone Inzaghi, Ciro Immobile, Marco Parolo

Crni Đorđe

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2016, 03:22:32 AM »

Decent debut to say the least, yes its he's not gonna fill the headlines like many-many "the next buffon" but at least now we know what he capable of

Nor would I as editor of Gazzeta call him "next Buffon", it's a long road ahead. He didn't done anything extraordinary, to be honest. All shot stopping came after shots directly in him (even Bastos moment of madness ended in Thomas forehead) and he must save that shots, even as debut keeper in Serie A. I liked that he jumped in Milan's player legs after 'saving' Bastos own goal try and thus gave time for Basta and Bastos to make themselves in position to defend goal. Otherwise, camera took him on lot of occasions during first half (guess that Italians are fixated with young keepers getting debuts) and I thought he looked overrelaxed.

Not taking anything from him, I'm satisfied with his performance. After spending two good years with Marchetti and Berisha doing howlers on regular basis, Strakosha will get benefit of doubt for some good time, at least from me.

Problem I have would be picking him ahead of Vargic... Too much flawed logic there.
sky blue is the color
eagle and shield are symbols...

edo_shehb

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2016, 04:33:35 AM »

Nor would I as editor of Gazzeta call him "next Buffon", it's a long road ahead. He didn't done anything extraordinary, to be honest. All shot stopping came after shots directly in him (even Bastos moment of madness ended in Thomas forehead) and he must save that shots, even as debut keeper in Serie A. I liked that he jumped in Milan's player legs after 'saving' Bastos own goal try and thus gave time for Basta and Bastos to make themselves in position to defend goal. Otherwise, camera took him on lot of occasions during first half (guess that Italians are fixated with young keepers getting debuts) and I thought he looked overrelaxed.

Not taking anything from him, I'm satisfied with his performance. After spending two good years with Marchetti and Berisha doing howlers on regular basis, Strakosha will get benefit of doubt for some good time, at least from me.

Problem I have would be picking him ahead of Vargic... Too much flawed logic there.

let me clarify my earlier post, I rather that he start slow and steady rather than he bearing the burden of being the so called next buffon or short

if he make a stellar debut last night, surely people will praising him too much and put more unnecessary burden to him

Cathal

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2016, 09:41:18 AM »

I don't wanna be that guy but, I think he did okay, only reason it looked better than that was his fast reactions for his own mistakes.

I'll join you in that so you're not that guy  :beer:

He is quick to react and that did compensate for some shaky moments. The one moment that shows me he's not ready is the error he made on the Bonaventura shot. He was millimeters or milliseconds off that ending up in the back of the net and a horrible debut.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 48