Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 43

Author Topic: Thomas Strakosha  (Read 7881 times)

Sile

• LF Legend
Re: Thomas Strakosha
« Reply #260 on: November 08, 2018, 09:42:33 PM »

bwahahaha
Bike to work. Work to live. Live to bike.

edo_shehb

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #261 on: November 08, 2018, 10:37:14 PM »

obviously Thomas still have many maaany thing to learn since he is not a complete article, yet

but damn he is a veeery good shot stopper  :sciarpa05: :scarfup: :sciarpa05: :scarfup:

(if anyone can put link or gif for that last save here would be veeery appreciated)

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #262 on: November 26, 2018, 05:38:31 PM »

The only thing keeping Strakosha as our number one is the fact that there is no number two. If we don't get another goalkeeper in January there is something seriously wrong with our management.

We had a poll last year about Strakosha and a lot of members voted for him. I'd like to see that poll made again. If it's not obvious by now, it never will be.

Arti

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #263 on: November 26, 2018, 08:21:49 PM »

I am a lil bit disappointed we didn't try to get Perin who is only nr 2 in Juve, or Sportiello. But. Strakosha saved us few times in last games. We will see after full season.
Biancoazzuro nel cuore e nei colori del cielo

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #264 on: November 26, 2018, 08:49:20 PM »

I seem to remember that poll ending that most were in agreement that we can do better but considering he isnt a complete liability, it wasnt a priority at the time.

I dont think thats changed.. sure hes not great, and doesnt inspire confidence, but at the same time, I dont remember many goals that were 100% on him.

Id say the same as before - if theres a better option out there, replace him.
In the meantime, maybe rotate a bit with Proto, hes seemed OK when called on.

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #265 on: November 26, 2018, 09:19:01 PM »

There are some things he is very good at - he has amazing reflexes and he is a great shotstopper - which is his job. Immobile is fast but it is not what makes him a great striker, it is not his skill either, it is the overall thing that matters.

The idea to wait longer and see where that takes us is bad. His footwork is awful, he cannot kick the ball FFS. What else do we need to see? Sometimes I just do not understand you guys. \He shits his pants every time he needs to pass the ball. He can make a good pass only when the ball is steady.

I am growing gray hair since my 5th grade but Strakosha is going to turn me into Ravanelli very fast.

It is just so ****ing ridiculous to see some of you say that we should wait more - wait for what? You still do not get it? He is good in some things, but not good enough for us!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 09:24:48 PM by lazioserbia »

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #266 on: November 26, 2018, 09:26:16 PM »

Youre right, but the priorities are elsewhere, most would point to defenders, a RB/RWB, maybe even a better backup for Ciro, before they look to goalkeeper.

And probably because of what you mention - hes a good shotstopper, and as I say, I dont remember many goals being totally on him.
When he starts making costly mistakes, regularly, then people in here will start calling for his replacement, as it is, they will accept he isnt ideal, but thats it. Dont get me wrong, ive never been a fan of his, but I can understand people saying its not a priority.

I think a problem the management have to face is a worthwhile replacement is going to be expensive, unless we take a gamble on an unknown.

I was keen on Sirigu, Trapp, Hradecky.. all were available at one point over summer, but no more.

What would be ideal would be to find someone who is currently number 2 at a bigger club, and would welcome more game time, and the probable pay cut to come to us. Some like Cilessen for example.

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #267 on: November 26, 2018, 09:57:25 PM »

Positives:
- One of the best shot stoppers in the Serie A
- He's young and may grow a lot in the future

Negatives:
- He oozes lack of confidence.
- He doesn't attempt to catch the ball when it's crossed into the box or just a high ball. Seriously keep an eye in the next matches, the kid uses his knuckles to knock the ball away regardless of whether there's opponents in the area
- He's literally AWFUL with his feet and looks like he's about to shit his pants when a striker is running at him and he needs to get the ball away
- He doesn't command his defence at all. I never saw him shouting at his defenders.

It's no wonders our centrebacks look so nervous when they see him behind them.

In my humble opinion Strakosha is not ready to play at this level. But, the club invested way too much in him already.

The big question for me is..are the goal keeper coaches in the club completely clueless. These negatives that I mention above, it's been like that for two years now. He's still not commanding his defenders, he's still shit with the ball at his feet and he still looks like he's about to crap his pants.

Beats me how this is still going on when you consider the fact Peruzzi has a high position in the club. I don't think we should replace Strakosha because I am hopeful he will improve, but literally shaking my head at the fact it looks like he didn't improve on any of his weak points..
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #268 on: November 26, 2018, 10:25:35 PM »

Peruzzi said last year that Strakosha is doing fine. I was shocked. So maybe the coaches aren't good enough but I don't even know who they are. Are they the same coaches who were working with Marchetti?

Ghost of Felipe Anderson

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #269 on: November 26, 2018, 10:43:04 PM »

Positives:
- One of the best shot stoppers in the Serie A
- He's young and may grow a lot in the future

Negatives:
- He oozes lack of confidence.
- He doesn't attempt to catch the ball when it's crossed into the box or just a high ball. Seriously keep an eye in the next matches, the kid uses his knuckles to knock the ball away regardless of whether there's opponents in the area
- He's literally AWFUL with his feet and looks like he's about to shit his pants when a striker is running at him and he needs to get the ball away
- He doesn't command his defence at all. I never saw him shouting at his defenders.

It's no wonders our centrebacks look so nervous when they see him behind them.

In my humble opinion Strakosha is not ready to play at this level. But, the club invested way too much in him already.

The big question for me is..are the goal keeper coaches in the club completely clueless. These negatives that I mention above, it's been like that for two years now. He's still not commanding his defenders, he's still shit with the ball at his feet and he still looks like he's about to crap his pants.

Beats me how this is still going on when you consider the fact Peruzzi has a high position in the club. I don't think we should replace Strakosha because I am hopeful he will improve, but literally shaking my head at the fact it looks like he didn't improve on any of his weak points..
I think people in here are sometimes too harsh on Strakosha. Of course he isn't mistake-free, but which keeper is? There aren't even a handful mistake-free keepers in the world, and none of them will play for Lazio. It's almost like the left wingback position. Premium players are just so rare.

You don't even have to watch many games, just weekly highlights from Serie A, Bundesliga or Premier League. Then you will see keepers making bad mistakes week after week. Don't even get into Spain, Portugal or France, since you will be shocked of how bad keepers are over there. Even keepers who have kind of a worldclass reputation.

How many keepers are really good with the ball at their feet? Not many. And those who are technically gifted are usually South American keepers who are unreliable in most other areas. Strakosha is average with his feet, there are much worse than him.

The most important thing for a keeper is being a good shot stopper. There is no way around it. I don't like that Strakosha doesn't even try to catch most crosses, but as long as he punches them hard and far away, that's not an issue. Neuer, who is considered great, is always punching the ball. Idk about the confidence thing. Maybe it's just the way his face looks when he is chewing his gum lol. I see Strakosha commanding the defense quite often. As a defender a keeper who shouts all the time makes you nervous. If you are relying on the keeper giving defensive instructions, it won't end well anyway. Claiming that Strakosha is a bigger issue than our defenders is just wrong. Our defenders have too many mental lapses and - when you watch most goals we concede - aren't acting as a unit. Not that many goals Strakosha could've saved this season. For every goal he could've done better, he made at least 3 amazing saves that not many Serie A keepers can make.

If we find a better keeper, of course we should go for it. Trying to improve is always important. But odds are we won't find a better one.

Let's see how this season plays out. I'm not Strakosha's biggest fan either. But when I look at keepers who are realistic targets for us, they all have flaws. When you narrow down young keepers around Strakosha's age, I don't see a better option. The best thing about Strakosha might be that we can sell him for a big fee to a rich club since he is still young and making incredible saves regularly, like against Calhanoglu.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 10:46:10 PM by Ghost of Felipe Anderson »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 43