Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: Languages  (Read 3598 times)

Caxi

Languages
« on: September 04, 2012, 03:04:54 PM »

He speaks English, French, Italian and German according to one site. I guess then you add the Slavic languages to that.

This one of the reasons I'm a bit of a Petko fan. I'm learning to speak multiple languages too. It's the most rewarding hard work there is!

I'll give you both credit when you learn Irish  :vcool:

Caput Mundi

• LF Legend
Re: Re: OFFICIAL: Benvenutto alla Lazio sig. Petkovic
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 03:10:53 PM »

He speaks English, French, Italian and German according to one site. I guess then you add the Slavic languages to that.

This one of the reasons I'm a bit of a Petko fan. I'm learning to speak multiple languages too. It's the most rewarding hard work there is!

I'll give you both credit when you learn Irish  :vcool:
How many beers will I be shouted in the pubs of Dublin with my heavily Aussie-accented Irish?
La Lazio la nostra. Guai a chi la tocca.

Caxi

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 03:29:57 PM »

The Dubs won't have a clue what you are saying. They can't even speak English  :razz:

Neither can I for that matter so I don't know why I'm having a go at the Dubs.

Have fun with our irregular verbs, where "N Thiocfaidh" (I will not come...) is pronounced "knee huck-ee" and "N dheachaigh" (I will not go) is pronounced "knee ya-hee" and they're the ones I can remember having spent 13 years learning the language.

You'd be fine in Dublin  :supsmile:

Hadi Van Der Vaart

• LF Legend
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 04:18:06 PM »

I have studied english linguistics n literature for 3 years, and I'm still suck on it!!!
Players come and go, but my Lazio is still eternal.
FORZA LAZIO!!!

Caput Mundi

• LF Legend
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 04:21:25 PM »

The Dubs won't have a clue what you are saying. They can't even speak English  :razz:

Neither can I for that matter so I don't know why I'm having a go at the Dubs.

Have fun with our irregular verbs, where "N Thiocfaidh" (I will not come...) is pronounced "knee huck-ee" and "N dheachaigh" (I will not go) is pronounced "knee ya-hee" and they're the ones I can remember having spent 13 years learning the language.

You'd be fine in Dublin  :supsmile:

Definitely a step too far for me. :razz:
La Lazio la nostra. Guai a chi la tocca.

Caxi

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 04:33:15 PM »

I have studied english linguistics n literature for 3 years, and I'm still suck on it!!!

What are you stuck on?

Hadi Van Der Vaart

• LF Legend
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 04:46:08 PM »

What are you stuck on?

I have no idea caxi. Maybe lack of practice.
One of my lecturer (she is from australia) said my idea always good, but my grammar is very indonesian. I understand all of the words that she delivers to me, but when its my turn to reply her, I confuse to translate the words in indonesia into english in my mind. It takes more time for me to deliver my idea. And now, in my last year of study, I feel my english becomes worse. However, as long as people understand with my idea, I dont care with my grammar here. :D
FORZA LAZIO!!!

Caxi

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 04:48:33 PM »

English is not an easy language, so I'm impressed with your level of understanding. It's my first language, I have a degree in it and I still get things wrong  :supsmile:

hamid

• LF Legend
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2012, 05:02:27 PM »

Forget about Petko, let's talk about languages!

I want to start learning Spanish, but I thought maybe it would be a good idea to get a certificate in English, then start a new language. I'm studying for CAE these days.
we breathe LAZIO

Hadi Van Der Vaart

• LF Legend
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2012, 05:11:40 PM »

Yeah, I had ever studied about the history of English language from the old english until now, even the language before english in england, and I know english is difficult to learn especially if you are too lazy to practice on it.

So, you are an expert in english, and also you're a native speaker. Sometimes because of that, it's hard for me to understand some of your words here, especially when you make a long post. I often open my dictionary because you like to use many unfamiliar words for me here. Hahahaha... :D
FORZA LAZIO!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16