Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: On the road to Spurs v Lazio  (Read 1602 times)

pazke

• Aquila Imperiale
On the road to Spurs v Lazio
« on: September 24, 2012, 01:29:34 AM »

A short impression of the day ...

Ready for departure :

As me, Pieter & Sasha headed of to Calais to take the Eurotunnel to bring us to the UK.

Arriving at Eurotunnel at time :

The old man working at the British border-patrol raised a few eyebrows, when he saw a German, Belgian and Spaniard sitting in the same car, all speaking English to each other... all going to one football game. (the old man hated football, he was more of a rugby man).

Arriving in Northern-London (Tottenham) :

This guy seemed a dodgy Bulgarian, as we parked our car near some even more dodgier garage near WHL.  As we had to pay 8 to park there, and us three had a genius plan not getting any pounds before... I sended Pieter & Sasha away to get some pounds, hoping that after the game our car wouldn' be trashed by some Bulgarian gangs.  I had to pass some time with the dodgy Bulgarian, talking about football, Berbatov and women with moustaches.  As I needed an urgent 'leak' somewhere, the dodgy Bulgarian sended me to a Turkish bar nearby... hmmm, nice I thought a Turkish teahouse... as I walked in I only saw 2 Turks behind the counter, and the bar filled with some 20 Spurs fan... I took a quick piss  :whistle:

I returned to my dodgy Bulgarian, as also P & S arrived, not finding any -cashmachine.  As I had some small change (2 ) inside my pocket, I could talk the dodgy Bulgarian into waiting after the game, so we could pay him off... he agreed  :bravo: he even said the 2 was ok  :wow:
So we felt obliged to take a pic of him (see above)

Then off we went, 10 min away from WHL & the South Stand, passing the streets near WHL, as Sasha noticed that this is a 'no-CL-zone'  :supsmile:

Finally entering WHL :

And waiting on the corner for our tickets (thanks to Martin & Debbie) :

And meeting up the other LL-members :

Then the 'Corteo' passed towards us & the South Stand, heavily controlled by the Metropolitan police, so there was no trouble at all.

Then time to get inside, and find our seats, some went for a quick snack :

Others placed a bet Klose to score the first goal :

I prefered some literature, and started reading this  :whistle:

And finally time to enter WHL :

Then... game-on :

The Lazio support in the first half was just tremendous... out-singing the other 23.000 Spurs fans which we never heard.  Pol Gazzkoine lalalalalalaa  :bravo:

Then half time, 0-0, time to sit down and relax a bit :

The second half Spurs had a bit more of the game, but their fans only cheered or sang after the dissallowed goals. 

We and the rest didn't stopped, even if on the pitch Lazio wasn't doing that well, but the final score of 0-0 was a fair result for all of us.

WHL was quickly empty as the players & Petko' greeted us :

And we Laziali had to wait 20 min. before leaving WHL, so the police could clean up the streets around WHL... so enough time to take some more pics :

Then everybody left WHL, we saluted everyone we met before, during and after the game... as we had to catch the 01.30 h train bringing us back to European soil.

In the end a very very satisfying night, even if it was 0-0... Lazio was loud & proud in N-London, as I arrived at 05:00 home, leaving P & S in their car... slept for 2 hours, waking the kids up to make them ready for school, unable to catch some sleep afterwards... Still high on Lazio... la mia Lazio !

pazke

• Aquila Imperiale
Re: On the road to Spurs v Lazio
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 01:32:03 AM »

Grazie @ Ermetico  :Esflag:
Grazie @ Martin & Debbie  :band04:

Caput Mundi

• LF Legend
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 05:01:34 AM »

:offlag: :offlag: :offlag:

Love the photos. And good to see you converting the world to Lazio, one dodgy Bulgarian at a time. :beer:

FORZA LAZIO.
La Lazio la nostra. Guai a chi la tocca.

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 09:30:31 AM »

GREAT!! :Esflag:

Cash

• LF Legend
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 04:51:35 PM »

Grazie Paz!
Lotito VATTENE!

english eagle

• Aquilotto
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 07:07:29 PM »

great stuff Pazke , thank you to all our members who went to WHL , was great to meet you all and a privilege to stand beside you !  :band04:

Rizmo

• LF Legend
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 07:35:15 PM »

I absolutely love these stories!! Just great!  :sciarpa05:

... but I'm sure I'm correct and you are wrong.

"Maki man, Maki man, e'erbody do the Maki man, cos Maki can, Maki can, e'erbody know that Maki can cos he da man, he da man, e'erbody know that he da man, so be his fan, be his fan, e'erbody be the Maki fan" - Caxi dropping some truth on ya'll.

Eka_Baron

• LF Legend
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 08:11:10 PM »

Then the 'Corteo' passed towards us & the South Stand, heavily controlled by the Metropolitan police, so there was no trouble at all.

ARRIVO TIFOSI LAZIO WHITE HART LANE

Btw,great story and Experience!

Grande!   :cnstend:
Pages: [1]