Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: My trip to London!  (Read 2275 times)

ssl_aut33

• Aquilotto
My trip to London!
« on: September 26, 2012, 10:23:40 PM »

Little bit late, but I hadnīt as much as I want.

As we got the information that it is possible to get tickets for Spurs-Lazio, a friend and me decided to go to London. Our trip started on Tuesday after work. Our flight was with the low-service-airline RyanAir from Salzburg. So we had to go 300km from Vienna to the West of our country. After breakfast we were going to the airport and the flight went scheduled. In Stansted we mentioned that it was "Italy week". Informations in Italian languages were at the border and also a few dozen of Juve fans. The trip to Liverpool Street was shortly and there we met a friend, who lives in London. For the first day we had tickets for Chelsea-Juventus and so we went to the Stamford Bridge after the hotel. I donīt prefer any of both teams (Juve merda), so we didnīt care about the result. The game was okay but the atmosphere was boring. 1000 Juve fans were singing loudly only twice the game, so do Chelsea fans. Game ended 2:2 and we were looking for the next day.
Next day started early with shopping (even if the Pound is very strong, Sportswear is much cheaper than in Austria) at Westfield Stratford. At noon we were going to meet English Eagle at Trafalgar Square. After short time we found the Lazioland desk with Martin and his "secretary" Debbie.  :band04:
Also lazio_uk and a few guys from Holland were already there. Time to time more and more guys were coming, we were really impressed how popular Lazio is. After a stunt with a drunken guy, who had his weekly bath at the fontain, we had to go back to the hotel to bring our bags there. Our hotel was in Leyton (near Tottenham stadium) so it was a long travel to it. We would have more time to talk we all of you. Maybe next time.
In the afternoon we were going back to the city to meet the Laziali at Liverpool Street. The pub next to the station was getting fuller and the first chants started. In the station it was a really nice atmosphere as you can see on youtube. We took a few pints of cider and afterwards the train was going to Tottenham. There we were brought with police to the stadium, where we meet at a imbiss the guys form Holland again. Due to the safety rules (today also riot police was there) it wasnīt allowed to have a beer. My mate and I tried our like and went into a Spurs pub. Security asked for our member cards, but as he noticed we were "tourists" he said it is okay to enter. There were around 300 Spurs supporter watching YB Bern-Liverpool. Was a little but strange. Outside hundreds of Laziali were walking around and inside hundreds of Spurs having a beer.
Afterwards we went into the stadium. Our seats were on the main stand between Spurs supporters. Donīt understand this at all because above the guest section were also Spurs supporter. Support was much better than yesterday. Lazio fans made a good tifo, so everything was fine. Unfortunately the game wasnīt as good as it should be. But a point in London isnīt that bad.
White Hart Lane is a proper stadium, at the imbiss I tried for the first time a pie. It was realy hot  :wow:
After the game we were waiting for the other Laziali to went in the corteo back to the train station.

On next day another highlight was: watching thousands of customer buying the iphone5!  :supsmile:

some impressions:

Juve fans

Chelsea fans

Liverpool Street:

Lazio fans:

Thanks to all of you! Especially to Paolo, Martin and Debbie!  :offlag:

It was a memorable trip and I look on to the Derby in November!

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
Re: My trip to London!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 09:42:41 AM »

Great story, great pics. I enjoyed it, my austrian friend! :bravo:

Eka_Baron

• LF Legend
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 03:25:26 PM »

Grandeeee!

:cnstend:

Ermetico

• LazioLand Manager
  • Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 03:43:54 PM »

NICE!   Grazie! :twinkle:
Dont' ask what la Lazio can do for you.
Ask yourself what you can do for la Lazio.

pazke

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 01:10:33 PM »

:band04:

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 02:36:14 AM »

simply the great  :offlag:,yes,the best  :vcool:

Ivano

• Aquilotto
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 06:54:23 PM »

Thanks!
Alitalia airfare Toronto to Rome - $900
Hotel  Sheraton Roma - $200 + $ Lazio ticket
Watching Lazio play - Money can NOT buy that experience!

LofL

• LF Legend
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 10:56:55 AM »

Awesome  :scarfup:

ForzaLazio

• Aquilotto
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 10:44:52 AM »

Ciao ssl_aut33! We also went up for the Chelsea juve and then for the Spurs Lazio match... We even have been in the same aeroplane  :laziostend:

bart

• Aquilotto
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2012, 02:52:02 AM »

Bravo!!!
 :bravo:  :Esflag:
Pages: [1]