Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19

Author Topic: Let's talk about the numbers you love  (Read 12586 times)

Weninho

• LF Legend
Re: Let's talk about the numbers you love
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2012, 03:59:03 PM »

Drazvan, could you explain those numbers please? We don't need to continue the discussion but I would like to know what they mean.

Amir

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2012, 03:34:44 PM »

An interesing interivew in calciomercato.com with Paolo Ciabattini, one of the best experts on Financial Fair Play. The interview is long, but there is a sentence about Lazio, which goes like this:

In Italia non possiamo non ricordare l’Udinese che insieme al Porto rappresenta uno dei sistemi di scouting più efficaci nel mondo, il Catania in utile da 5 stagioni e la Lazio che ha chiuso il bilancio in utile 3 volte negli ultimi 4 esercizi raggiungendo ottimi risultati sportivi.

"In Italy, we cannot overlook Udinese, who together with Porto represent one of the most efficient scouting systems in the World, Catania had a positive bilance for 5 seasons, and also Lazio that finished positively 3 times in the last 4 seasons, while in the process obtaining excellent sport results.

According to this interview, Inter and Roma have made worst losses in the 2011 and 2012.
AVE LAZIO - Popolus tuus te acclamat

Weninho

• LF Legend
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2012, 03:41:41 PM »

Nothing new however.

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2012, 04:00:26 PM »

Drazvan, could you explain those numbers please? We don't need to continue the discussion but I would like to know what they mean.

The numbers are the difference between money spent and money received. So basically the money actually "invested" for transfers. This adds to 41 mil over 6 years. You can argue that sponsors, tickets, merchandise, TV rights, UEFA money, etc also play a role. However I doubt that those money cover our spendings on salaries, games, renting Olimpico, paying debts, etc. So I think that it is fair to say that this money were invested. By Lotito or somebody else.

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2012, 04:09:32 PM »

Fair enough.

Weninho

• LF Legend
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2012, 02:05:48 AM »

The numbers are the difference between money spent and money received. So basically the money actually "invested" for transfers. This adds to 41 mil over 6 years. You can argue that sponsors, tickets, merchandise, TV rights, UEFA money, etc also play a role. However I doubt that those money cover our spendings on salaries, games, renting Olimpico, paying debts, etc. So I think that it is fair to say that this money were invested. By Lotito or somebody else.

So in other words only money recieved from transfers in compared to transfers out?

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2012, 10:06:39 AM »

So in other words only money recieved from transfers in compared to transfers out?

Yes. The number is in that case -41 mil euro. Meaning that we have spent a netto amount of 41 mil euro.

Weninho

• LF Legend
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2012, 11:26:37 AM »

Ok thanks. Don't agree with you about the investments - I'm convinced Lotito hasn't invested one single penny of his own - but that's another debate  :supsmile:

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2012, 12:50:08 PM »

Ok thanks. Don't agree with you about the investments - I'm convinced Lotito hasn't invested one single penny of his own - but that's another debate  :supsmile:

Well, somebody did. I don't think we are that profitable that our income (TV rights, sponsors, tickets, mechandise, etc) - our costs (salaries, team costs - trainings, preparations, game costs) = 10 mil per year. I have a slight feeling that even that number is negative due to our huge squad and expensive facilities. So Lotito or somebody else paid almost 10 mil per year for transfers.

Caput Mundi

• LF Legend
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2012, 01:15:19 PM »

Well, somebody did. I don't think we are that profitable that our income (TV rights, sponsors, tickets, mechandise, etc) - our costs (salaries, team costs - trainings, preparations, game costs) = 10 mil per year. I have a slight feeling that even that number is negative due to our huge squad and expensive facilities. So Lotito or somebody else paid almost 10 mil per year for transfers.

If Lotito was putting money into Lazio he would be banging on about it left, right and centre.
La Lazio è la nostra. Guai a chi la tocca.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19