Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 423 424 [425]

Author Topic: Transfers and Rumours - 2013 (part I)  (Read 187804 times)

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
Re: Transfers and Rumours - 2013 (part I)
« Reply #4240 on: July 01, 2013, 01:09:41 AM »

Statistic dosen't prove anything.

No, you're right. Football isn't a game built on statistics.

I mean, goals scored by team x versus goals scored by team y does not = result. No, that's not how the game works. And yes, it's completely insignificant how many goals we score and how many we concede because the objective of the game is not to put the ball in the opposition net and not to avoid conceding in your own. No, that's not what the game is about. Let's remove statistics, and stop keeping a score, let's not have a league table that is based on statistics and let's instead calculate results based on how often a player runs into nowhere with a ball or passes to the opposition goalkeeper. We'd win that league.

Honestly, you guys would argue that black is white and white is black just for the sake of having something to say.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #4241 on: July 01, 2013, 01:18:47 AM »

I remember Klose being mentioned on some finishing stat on Who Scored, I'm pretty sure he didn't win but he was in the top 5 and the minimum qualifier was either 10 or 15 league goals. Seeing as he scored 5 goals with 6 shots against Bologna you can argue his place on that list was partly the result of one amazing/unusual game than a steady, spectacular season.

As for Kozak, he didn't manage a single league goal and is therefore void from the start. You can read whatever you want into stats but having watched pretty much all of his Lazio appearances it's painfully obvious he's not a natural finisher never mind one of the '2 best finishers in Europe.'

Edit: Here we go, this is the thing Caxi was on about, from early December last year:

http://www.whoscored.com/Graphics/187/Show/

The thing I saw was from the end of the season so despite his injuries and scoring drought in the latter half of the season Klose managed to haul himself back into the top 5 finishers with that Bologna game.

The above shows what a fully fit Klose is capable of but can we expect that throughout the season? It's also worth noting his mate in that lower quadrant, Szalai, finished the season with 13 goals in 29 games, a fair return but not exceptional and a lot less than other more wasteful strikers.

The conversion rates really depend on what they define a shot by, but the fact is, Klose has been one of the best finishers in Europe. This blogger argues that he was the most accurate finisher in Europe if you consider all strikers who scored 15+ goals: http://www.squawka.com/news/2013/06/20/top-10-most-amazing-football-stats-from-the-2012-13-season/2013062011249/top10facts9

Also, why are we pretending that Kozak didn't score goals in a top level competition? Like I said, according to ESPN, his finishing rate is 37% which is impressive. Sure he didn't deliver in Serie A, but is that really his fault? That's the question.

Zouma

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #4242 on: July 01, 2013, 01:20:02 AM »

Baseball is a game built on statistics, American Football as well where the individual roles are so astonishingly limited that statistical comparisons provide a good indicator of quality or suitability. In proper football they are very useful and a key part of player and performance analysis these days but can also give false results and it's impossible to get the full picture from the figures alone. Everything you read about club x's team of analysists always has that caveat that they don't show everything and an overreliance can give false pictures of players and teams.

That Mihajlovski quote sums it up for me, stats show a lot but not everything and often not the things that really matter.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 01:43:42 AM by Zouma »

Zouma

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #4243 on: July 01, 2013, 01:25:07 AM »

I remember Klose being mentioned on some finishing stat on Who Scored, I'm pretty sure he didn't win but he was in the top 5 and the minimum qualifier was either 10 or 15 league goals. Seeing as he scored 5 goals with 6 shots against Bologna you can argue his place on that list was partly the result of one amazing/unusual game than a steady, spectacular season.

As for Kozak, he didn't manage a single league goal and is therefore void from the start. You can read whatever you want into stats but having watched pretty much all of his Lazio appearances it's painfully obvious he's not a natural finisher never mind one of the '2 best finishers in Europe.'

Edit: Here we go, this is the thing Caxi was on about, from early December last year:

http://www.whoscored.com/Graphics/187/Show/

The thing I saw was from the end of the season so despite his injuries and scoring drought in the latter half of the season Klose managed to haul himself back into the top 5 finishers with that Bologna game.

The above shows what a fully fit Klose is capable of but can we expect that throughout the season? It's also worth noting his mate in that lower quadrant, Szalai, finished the season with 13 goals in 29 games, a fair return but not exceptional and a lot less than other more wasteful strikers.

The conversion rates really depend on what they define a shot by, but the fact is, Klose has been one of the best finishers in Europe. This blogger argues that he was the most accurate finisher in Europe if you consider all strikers who scored 15+ goals: http://www.squawka.com/news/2013/06/20/top-10-most-amazing-football-stats-from-the-2012-13-season/2013062011249/top10facts9

Also, why are we pretending that Kozak didn't score goals in a top level competition? Like I said, according to ESPN, his finishing rate is 37% which is impressive. Sure he didn't deliver in Serie A, but is that really his fault? That's the question.

Would you class the EL sides he scored against as top level opponents? The German teams were horrible, some of that defending would have shamed SPL players... I can't help feeling it was one of those competitions where things just went his way in some games, lets not forget the Spurs horror show. The inability to replicate that form in the league was a real issue for me, especially as he's done it in the past under Reja.

emhad

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #4244 on: July 01, 2013, 03:01:31 AM »

It's official.  I AGREED a 5 year deal with lazio.. I arrive tomorrow morning for my medical then press conference. .

Source? CDS? Cittaceleste? La Gazzeta??   :beer:

I was there when Lazio Scudetto, and i was there when Lazio battle for relegation, I am Laziale since 1997...Forza LAZIO! Forza Lazio Indonesia!!!

emhad

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #4245 on: July 01, 2013, 03:27:00 AM »

I cant remember the last time we had a striker who can score 20+ goals a season 4 us.

If Im not wrong the last time is Hernan crespo. yea,Its kinda Long one we have such a bomber.
Btw,If klose is not injured in the second Half of the season in his 2 seasons with us,I believe He can bag 20+ Goals for us.

This were our best striker of each seasons:::

96/97: Casiraghi, Signori
97/98: Casiraghi
98/99: Salas, Vieri
99/00: Salas
00/01: Salas, Crespo
01/02: Crespo
02/03: Lopez-Corradi-Chiesa  :what:
03/04: Lopez-Corradi-Muzzi-Inzaghi  :what:
04/05: Di Canio, Muzzi, Rocchi, Pandev :what:
05/06: Di Canio, Rocchi, Pandev, Inzaghi, Tare "Legend" :what:
06/07: Inzaghi, Rocchi, Pandev, Tare, Makinwa :what:
07/08: Bianchi, Tare, Rocchi, Pandev, Vignarolli :what:
08/09: Zarate, Rocchi, Pandev :what:
09/10: Zarate, Rocchi, Floccari :what:
10/11: Rocchi, Floccari, Zarate :what:
11/12: Klose
12/13: Klose
13/14: Klose, Matri? + best mid = scudetto?
 :Esflag: :band04: :offlag:
I was there when Lazio Scudetto, and i was there when Lazio battle for relegation, I am Laziale since 1997...Forza LAZIO! Forza Lazio Indonesia!!!
Pages: 1 ... 423 424 [425]