Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21

Author Topic: Serie B  (Read 13104 times)

Lazio_ade

• Aquila Imperiale
Serie B
« on: May 13, 2013, 01:45:06 PM »

Good to see our brothers from Verona are close to a return to their rightful place in Serie A - if they win on Saturday they will be guaranteed promotion. Indeed they could win Serie B (as could any of the top 3), as first play third in what looks like it will be a very dramatic last matchday.

Daje Verona!    :vcool:

P    W    D    L    F    A    GD    PTS
Sassuolo            41    24    10    7    77    40    +37    82
Verona            41    23    12    6    67    32    +35    81   
Livorno            41    23    11    7    77    46    +31    80
Empoli            41    20    12    9    69    51    +18    72
When in Rome, do as the Laziali do.

Amir

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
Re: Serie B
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 02:29:42 PM »

Topic moves to Football in General
AVE LAZIO - Popolus tuus te acclamat

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 02:59:59 PM »

it's incredible that Sassuolo are not already up. Fair chance they are going to miss out now and all.

Amir

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 03:34:05 PM »

it's incredible that Sassuolo are not already up. Fair chance they are going to miss out now and all.

It`s the third week in a row that they fail to clinch the Serie A status.
AVE LAZIO - Popolus tuus te acclamat

Lazio_ade

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 04:30:34 PM »

Topic moves to Football in General

Sorry Amir, my bad.
When in Rome, do as the Laziali do.

Zouma

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 07:22:54 PM »

Can't say I'd be sad if Sassuolo and both their fans miss out on promotion. Speaking of them, their chairman said they'd rejected a €7m/€8m bid from Man City for young Berardi, in the winter window, I guess that puts him out of our price range.

Cash

• LF Legend
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 07:38:48 PM »

There's a rule about how many points can differ between 3rd and 4th team without it becoming a play-off between 3-6 placed teams. If I'm not making things up now, all three top teams could potentially be ready for Serie A at the end of this round. 10 points between 3rd and 4th team means no play-off. Verona face Empoli, while Sassuolo face Livorno. Behind Empoli Novara has 63 points. So, Livorno beating Sassuolo and Verona winning against Empoli would seal the three teams for next year, without this becoming a play-off affair...
Lotito VATTENE!

Zouma

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 09:47:04 PM »

You're spot on Cash, if there's a gap of 10 points or more between 3rd & 4th there's no playoffs, if I remember correctly the last time it happened was 06/07 when Juve, Napoli and Genoa came up.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2013, 09:56:39 PM »

There's a rule about how many points can differ between 3rd and 4th team without it becoming a play-off between 3-6 placed teams. If I'm not making things up now, all three top teams could potentially be ready for Serie A at the end of this round. 10 points between 3rd and 4th team means no play-off. Verona face Empoli, while Sassuolo face Livorno. Behind Empoli Novara has 63 points. So, Livorno beating Sassuolo and Verona winning against Empoli would seal the three teams for next year, without this becoming a play-off affair...

Empoli were bottom of the league for a large proportion of the season and they have gone on an incredible run. They were my tips to go up at the beginning of the season - I felt that with Tavano and Maccarone, they had too much firepower not to. If you look at the table now, you would have to confess that there are only four teams that deserve to go up and Empoli may have been too late staking their claim. Still, I fancy them to do Verona.

Zouma

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2013, 08:14:58 PM »

Sassuolo and more importantly Hellas Verona have been promoted from Serie B, the latter doing so infront of a capacity crowd of almost 30,000*. Livorno, Empoli, Novara and Brescia will contest the playoffs.

* The capacity of the Bentegodi is 38,402 but for safety reasons it's limited to 28,000, Verona asked for parts of the Curva Nord to be opened which pushed the capacity close to the 30,000 mark.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21