Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21

Author Topic: Serie B  (Read 13105 times)

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
Re: Serie B
« Reply #190 on: September 30, 2017, 03:26:10 PM »

Minala is a first team regular with Salernitana, perhaps we should keep an eye on him for this season to see if he might be a useful player next year?

Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #191 on: September 30, 2017, 03:33:37 PM »

Minala is a first team regular with Salernitana, perhaps we should keep an eye on him for this season to see if he might be a useful player next year?

He was also a regular for Salernitana last season after Bollini took charge. Bollini is really the key and I don't see Lazio taking Minala back until he's clearly a Serie A player.

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #192 on: September 30, 2017, 04:02:20 PM »

He was also a regular for Salernitana last season after Bollini took charge. Bollini is really the key and I don't see Lazio taking Minala back until he's clearly a Serie A player.

You might be right Cathal, but for a 21 year old he's already getting some decent experience. I'd like to see him getting a run in pre-season next year at least.

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #193 on: September 30, 2017, 04:04:00 PM »

"21"

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #194 on: September 30, 2017, 04:16:12 PM »

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #195 on: September 30, 2017, 04:22:36 PM »

You might be right Cathal, but for a 21 year old he's already getting some decent experience. I'd like to see him getting a run in pre-season next year at least.

He was getting the same experience at Bari three seasons ago. I'm not really giving an opinion on Minala, more pointing out that we could've had this discussion three years ago and on a few occasions since then.

Lazio renewed Minala's contract, so it's clear they have faith in him making the grade at some point, but Bollini shows a level of trust in Minala that no one else seems to share. Simply getting in the Salernitana side isn't enough.

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #196 on: October 21, 2017, 11:59:38 PM »

By the way, anybody noticed how small the difference between number 1 and number 15 in Serie B is? Just 4 points after 10 games! Really string fight this year...

Akha

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #197 on: November 09, 2017, 03:27:34 PM »

Modena declared bankruptcy yesterday. Over 100 years of history went out a window.
VENI VIDI LULIĆ

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #198 on: November 09, 2017, 06:54:32 PM »

Modena declared bankruptcy yesterday. Over 100 years of history went out a window.

It's a shame yes, never good when that happens.  Unless it would be Merda of course.  :twinkle:

It would be nostalgic to have some clubs back in Serie A, names like Brescia, Venezia, Parma ....
While getting rid of Benevento, Crotone, Spal and Sassuolo.  :rolley:
Just for that feeling and memories.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 06:59:40 PM by Evesto »

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #199 on: November 09, 2017, 07:05:36 PM »

I have a 7 year-old Football Manager game and more than half the teams in Serie C in 2017 are not in that game. Half the teams in Serie C either didn't exist seven years ago, or were not even considered contenders for promotion to Serie C. What's worse is that back then there were more clubs in Serie C/Lega Pro than there are now.

That means there must have been 60-70 professional football clubs in Italy that have either gone out of business or ended up having to go amateur in the last 7 years or so. That's astonishing.

I've always said part of the appeal of Italian football is the sheer volume of clubs in existence. It's the same in England. And while there is a desire to follow the Spanish and Germans in Italy (less clubs, more B teams, smaller divisions etc.), it's the English system that needs to be aspired to.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21