Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Ousmane Dabo  (Read 679 times)

martinese

• LazioLand manager
  • LF Legend
Ousmane Dabo
« on: August 19, 2013, 08:14:44 PM »

I really like and respect Dabo. Can someone please translate briefly what he said ?

Caxi

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
Re: Ousmane Dabo
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 08:35:45 PM »

I can't give you a proper translation but I think I should summarise it.

Basically, he criticised those who racially 'boo' the opposition and said that it creates a bad impression of Lazio worldwide. He said he is always asked about Lazio's racism problem and that he tells people that Lazio fans are not racist but then he hears this and feels like he cannot defend us. He finished by saying that he wants people of all races to have the opportunity to understand how special this team is and what Lazialita' means as he loved the six years he spent with us.

Aquile12

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 08:50:30 PM »

Basically, the boos against Juventus' black players made him feel bad, and says that whoever's doing it should stop because they're damaging Lazio's international reputation and closing the Curva. He then says that a lot of people identify all Lazio fans as racist. He says they tease him in France because he's a black Lazio fan, and it makes him feel bad. He explains that Lazio fans aren't racist, but when he hears the boos like he did yesterday, there's nothing he can say. Lazio are a famous club and deserve to be praised, and not just talked about for these racist episodes. Sorry for the ouburst, but I need to speak my mind because I spent six intense seasons with Lazio and I loved it and I want other people of any colour whether it be black, yellow, white or green to understand the meaning of Lazialita and how special it is to cheer for or play for this team.

EDIT- Sorry for saying the same thing. It took me a long time to write this out.

ilsemprelaziale

• LF Legend
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 10:47:40 PM »

Grande Dabo! He did the same Winter did..imagine that, a black person defending Lazio despite these..idiots on Curva nord harassing black players on the pitch.

I have the outmost respect for the fact he is trying to explain to the world that not all Laziali are like this  :offlag:

Edit: And I should be more clear when I post. When I say " idiots on Curva nord " I only mean the ones that were doing the monkey chants
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 11:08:09 PM by ilsemprelaziale »
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

Weninho

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 12:32:25 AM »

"People in the world think Laziali are racists. They make fun of me in France because I'm colored and support Lazio. They don't understand me, and that makes me feel very bad. I explain to them that Laziali are not racists but when I hear the buus like yesterday, what can I answer them? La Lazio is a well kown team in the world and she deserves only to be spoken good about and not always about these racist episodes."

One of the best qoutes I've read for a while. Grande Ousmane. Sto con te.

Caput Mundi

• LF Legend
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 03:52:37 AM »

I think the ship sailed on our reputation in 2001. There could never be another incident of racism again but our first impression on European football isn't going away.

Saying that, Ousmane's post is absolutely fantastic. It's good to see some still keep the colours on their sleeve long after they leave the club.
La Lazio la nostra. Guai a chi la tocca.

Cash

• LF Legend
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013, 08:05:11 AM »

Forza Ousmane! Uno di noi!
Lotito VATTENE!

blue-white

• LazioLand manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2013, 09:27:30 AM »

Defenitely, one of the best! Grande Dabo!

martinese

• LazioLand manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2013, 09:32:10 AM »

Thanks to all for the translations. Great post by Dabo!
FORZA OUSMANE!

ArmLaziale

• LF Legend
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2013, 09:33:22 AM »

Thank you Dabo, brilliant, great to hear keeping his Lazialita no matter what.
Pages: [1] 2 3