Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: Murat Yakin?  (Read 8952 times)

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
Murat Yakin?
« on: November 28, 2013, 03:19:45 PM »

There's a rumour that emerged from a few different sources yesterday about Basel's Murat Yakin becoming our new boss. The rumour is really that Petkovic will stand down before Christmas, relax with family for a few months before taking the Switzerland job while Murat Yakin takes over in the New Year.

I'm interested in your opinions on this. It looks like Petkovic II - a young coach who has done well in Switzerland coming to Lazio with absolutely no experience in Serie A, with a penchant for the same 4-1-4-1 system as Petkovic, and possibly in the frame because he is a friend of Igli Tare's.

However, his coaching record speaks volumes. He started off with a season for minnows Concordia Basel who play way down in the Swiss league system but did well enough to be given the job at FC Thun who were in the second tier. In his first season, they were promoted, in their second season, they finished a more than respectable 5th. Then Yakin moved to Luzern, who finished below Thun in the previous season and he guided them to 2nd place and the Swiss Cup final. Now, he has ended up at Basel and in the space of 13 months, has won the league, made the semi-finals of the Europa League (having knocked out Tottenham) and most recently, they beat Chelsea home and away. We know Murat has leadership qualities as he captained Basel and he worked with someone many regard as an underrated tactician in Christian Gross. Obviously he was also an experienced international and he must be intelligent if genes are anything to go by because his brother is as intelligent a footballer as the game has ever seen.

Now... what's your view? Petkovic II or Tare using his contacts to maybe snap up a hot prospect?

The Undertaker

• LF Legend
Re: Murat Yakin?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 04:23:39 PM »

Let's make him official and see how it goes.

It's either he will fail in a bigger league or he will do a good season.

Let's wait until it's official.

Personally,I never heard of the guy. A friend of Tare's? I was sure about that...

Looks like that Tare got his hand on the management of the squad... Looks like there are no scouters in the club,it's just Tare who took control in his hands...

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 04:29:51 PM »

mmmhhh....

first - in my opinion, we should change the coach in the summer.

second - if it's true that Petkovic wants to leave, then he should do it NOW! I don't accept people in our club who don't want to be here anymore. So why waiting till xmas? - Get out now! ... if that all is true! Let Bollini work until a new one comes.

third - The big difference between Petkovic and Yakin is, that Yakin coaches a CL team! So in my opinion, i guess that he is not a bad coach. The problem i see is, that the regular day in day out work is the league, and not CL. Serie A and Swizz league is different, and we simply don't know how this coach would be.
We can't say that he is good in coaching in Serie A, and we can't say that he is bad. We don't know.

As player he played for Grashoppers, Stuttgart, Fenerbahce and Basel. He was never a big fighter. Running all the time, was not his job. Passing, technic and shots were good. He was a leader at Basel and took them as captain into the CL.

His club played well in Europe League, and also in CL they are doing fine. So he can handle that. Can he handle Serie A?
Beating teams like Tottenham and Chelsea may show us that he is good in tactic and motivating his players, but what else?
Can he do that in Rome too? Are our players better/the same/weaker than his ones?

I'm pretty sure that he is not able to bring some talents which can get directly into our starting eleven in our team. Players like Salah, Stocker or Schär can choose for which club they want to sign. Salah can choose between ManU, Man City and others.

My most important question is: Basel has a project, a very successful project. He knows the club, he lives there. He can see how Petkovic' life is in Rome and what "project" Lazio has. His team plays CL.
Why on earth should he leave Basel and come to us?

Don't get me wrong, but I can't imagine that our club is attractive enough for someone who plays with his team regular in CL.

Yakin is not a stupid player who became a coach just with luck. Yakin knows his job and i'm sure that he would not like the way how our management works.
Example - Yakin would have an eye on many players from Serie A clubs until the summer break, and i guess that he will say that he want one or another second player....and i think that he would not like when Tare tells him ... hey i know some albanians ... you don't know them, but they are cheap.

I don't know Yakin personal, but he doesn't seem to be that man who only says yes. He never did that in his career as a player!! Yakin was never an easy guy.
We will say - hey, he is the right man for us. We need someone like him, but i'm sure that Lotito doesn't want someone like him.

EDIT: Allegri will be free soon i guess. Maybe the better choice, generally. No adapting time. Not real expensive.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 04:33:33 PM by blue-white »

117bono117

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 05:10:25 PM »

Let's make him official and see how it goes.

It's either he will fail in a bigger league or he will do a good season.

Looks like that Tare got his hand on the management of the squad... Looks like there are no scouters in the club,it's just Tare who took control in his hands...
agree that we cannot judge the man previously. seems he's doing a decent job at basel...
and yes our management is under the spell of tare and i can't imagine any other personal to have the same influence.

EDIT: Allegri will be free soon i guess. Maybe the better choice, generally. No adapting time. Not real expensive.

and how would allegri do us any good? no thanks. also same character as petkovic
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 05:15:28 PM by 117bono117 »
SS LAZIO: A BATTLE OF PRIDE!!

Cash

• LF Legend
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2013, 05:44:55 PM »

I'm more  interested in the Allegri rumour. However I've been reading about both him and Yakin in not so trustworthy sources. I read that Yakin was approached last season actually, just after the winter break... sounded too much a made up story to me...
Lotito VATTENE!

Mark

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2013, 06:06:15 PM »

If Petkovic goes I would prefer Yakin any day over the usual serie A coaches (apart from Guidolin). Fresh ideas and modern football that is what we need.

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2013, 06:15:59 PM »

Even if Petkovic deside to leave us and took Switz NT than he could not lead them just after the WC.
 Only option why would he leave now could be : agreement with our managment for some reasons that only they know why.
 He didnt start like last season but he promote young players......this is good for the team(no matter do he stay or not).We should respect this.
 No complaining,good relationship with president & SD......one big WHY gets in my mind.
 Story of Yakin ?
 After we failed to bring Yilmaz here in summer(his price was to high) and Petkovic  averment : I wasnt interesting about him-he wasnt in my plan......this becomes strange and interesting  :vcool:.
 After that Terim leave Galata(deep lose in Istambul vs Real)and join NT temporary.
 This means he is free in January,I mentioned before that this seems very "suspiciously" to me.Why ?
 Terim comes and bring Yilmaz for 5-6 mil,Lotito-Tare are happy,fans ?-we bring Burak like we promise etc.
 Yakin story for me is preparation for Terim case  :twinkle:.
 Petkovic spoke that he dont wanna leave,NT is his good chance but maybe his profesional suicide (danger zone).He looked smart man until now.
 With us everything can happen.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 06:17:33 PM by phantomm1976 »

Cnon

• LF Legend
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2013, 06:47:07 PM »

Don't know him but if he comes, I really hope that this time we will get players from Basel. As when Petkovic came I really thought we were going to sign players from Switzerland, players like Lulic (you can say whatever you want but it was a great deal for us).
It might not be perfect but I can stretch to maybe 75% close to perfect. That's all you get Cathal, 25%  :fingerup:

Amir

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2013, 09:35:25 AM »

About Yakin,

There is a big difference between Yakin and Petkovic.

Yaking was a well known footballer who played for his national team and few solid sides during his career.

Further, he is coaching a Champions League team which is on the brink of advancig in the next stage after selling several of their key players.

So, in this aspect hiring Yakin is much safer bet than when we hired Petkovic.

However, if I am in charge of things I would only have 2 candidates for the job:

- Guidolin (even though is has extended his contract with Udinese, I am sure he would not reject a chance to coach Lazio)

- Bollini (this guy deserves a chance in coaching the senior team)
AVE LAZIO - Popolus tuus te acclamat

martinese

• LF Legend
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2013, 09:40:02 AM »

I completely agree with Amir! Yakin would be a step in the right direction for Lazio but the guy who can make a big change in Lazio and make the fans dream again is Guidolin. Yakin is a born leader, looks like he has had a good coaching experience and in the right way - starting from the bottom and slowly climbing up the ladder.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11