Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Murat Yakin?  (Read 9140 times)

Caput Mundi

• LF Legend
Re: Murat Yakin?
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2013, 12:34:26 PM »

I couldn't disagree more with Amir. Why are people continuing to mention Bollini as a serious option? What drugs are you on?

Bollini is a youth coach. Many youth coaches are not aspiring senior coaches. A senior coach from the Swiss league is far more suitable for the job than a youth coach even in Italy.

Guidolin wanted a break from coaching because he felt the pressure at Udinese. A team with no fans. How do you think he'd handle the Roman atmosphere? I doubt he'd even take the job.

You have Tare as an avatar, which is provocative enough.
La Lazio la nostra. Guai a chi la tocca.

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2013, 01:00:06 PM »

Yakin would be in my opinion a good option but I am not sure if he is what Lotare wants. He is a coach with balls, similar to Simeone and Lotare is not known for working good with such a character.

For me, as Amir said, Guidolin would be the best option but I really doubt that he will come. Udinese is not doing so good but he has a contract and I am not sure that he intends to leave. Pioli would be another option as he might get sucked from Bologna anyway, but he is a Petkovic-like coach: first year he impressed, then the quality went down.
I must say that I would prefer a young italian coach like Di Matteo or Zola or Casiraghi or even promoting Simone Inzaghi if he has ambitions. Bollini would work for me but only until winter. Just on a trial basis.

Amir

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2013, 01:12:18 PM »

1. ...Many youth coaches are not aspiring senior coaches.

2. ...How do you think he'd handle the Roman atmosphere? 2.1 I doubt he'd even take the job.

1. And you know this how? Your argument here is such a joke, I can`t believe it. It`s like you say that primavera players don`t want to become senior players because they`don aspire that.
Listen this: there is no occupation in the world in which one person does not want to step higher in his career and advance more.

2. Guidolin is more then anyone capable of handling any atmosphere in whatever Serie A club! If Petkovic can handle it, why not Guidolin who has spent entire life coaching in Serie A.
In relation to the fans, it`s not that Lazio`s Olimpico is much more crowded in comparion to Udinese`s stadium. The difference could me marginal.
AVE LAZIO - Popolus tuus te acclamat

Cash

• LF Legend
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2013, 01:22:55 PM »

1. I just declined a position much higher than I have now, one that would surely be a few steps up the career ladder. I am not a footballer, but believe me, there are things called principles and priorities in life. You cannot compare coaches and players like that man, makes no sense.

Not intend to get involved in your discussion really, but Bollini has not had the aspiration of becoming senior coach before and I think I have read that he is not interested in coaching senior players.

My nightmare in the Petkovic case is that we hold on to him even though he signs for the Swiss. I dearly hope this will not happen. If he has signed a contract, which is being communicated today as being a two year contract with an automatic extension if he gets the team to the next Euros, he should also leave our bench. Would Yakin want to leave Basel and join us now? Allegri will stay with Milan anyhow, and since these two names are the ones circulating I wonder what else an option LoTare have up their sleeves. Keep Petko? I surely hope not...
Lotito VATTENE!

Caput Mundi

• LF Legend
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2013, 02:24:12 PM »

Guidolin's problem has nothing to do with tactics. The guy openly admitted he didn't like the pressure and tension involved with coaching. If that's a problem for him at Udinese, it's only going to be tenfold at a club like Lazio and in a city like Rome. What pressure does Udinese have as a club? It's not about the numbers in the stadium, it's about the significance and the atmosphere as a club.

Bollini is nearly 50 years old. He's been coaching at primavera level since 1999 and before that he coached kids at Parma. If he wanted to be a senior coach, I'm sure by 2013 he would've tried his hand at it at some level.

Coaching youth teams requires completely different attributes to coaching a professional team competing at the highest level. If you still think my argument's a joke, then carry on.

Caput Mundi

• LF Legend
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2013, 02:31:07 PM »

Allegri will stay with Milan anyhow, and since these two names are the ones circulating I wonder what else an option LoTare have up their sleeves. Keep Petko? I surely hope not...

Allegri would be the best man we could possibly get. I think Yakin would be good too but Allegri has dealt with a controversial management and the demands and pressures of a club far bigger than Lazio.

With Galliani leaving Milan and Barbara Berlusconi stepping up her control, what does this mean for Allegri? Any chance of a change?

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2013, 02:35:37 PM »

Allegri is hated by the Milanista for doing the same stuff Petko does, which is constantly rotating the team and constantly changing tactics.

Allegri won the scudetto with Zlatan and Thiago Silva in a year where no one else were consistent enough. If we had those two players in our squad that year, we could have won the scudetto..

Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

Caput Mundi

• LF Legend
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2013, 02:41:10 PM »

Bit of extra research and Bollini has had very brief stints as a pro coach at the powerhouses of Igea Virtus and Valenziana during the mid 2000s. Good credentials to coach Lazio.

Allegri also won the coach of the year with Cagliari and he had them finishing in the top 10. I think at Milan he's very much working with a poor management that has its mind on things other than football. The demands are huge, they make us laziali look patient.

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2013, 03:40:37 PM »

In my opinion:

1. Allegri
2. Di Matteo
3. Yakin
4. Any other young italian (Zola, Inzaghi, etc)

Guidolin is not a realistic target for me. I dont see him stopping at Udinese to take us.

ArmLaziale

• LF Legend
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2013, 04:13:46 PM »

Haven't heard anything about Yakin, but from what I am reading, he might turn to be a very decent coach, but he might consider his options, since he is coaching a CL team. Anyway, if we are going to make a change, my first choice is going to Allegri, he has the experience to work under pressure with a mismanaged team.
I don't know what's about Di Matteo that makes you guys think he is a valid option.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11