Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Murat Yakin?  (Read 9141 times)

fausto

• Aquila Imperiale
Re: Murat Yakin?
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2013, 04:14:50 PM »

Allegri will stay with Milan anyhow, and since these two names are the ones circulating I wonder what else an option LoTare have up their sleeves. Keep Petko? I surely hope not...

Allegri would be the best man we could possibly get. I think Yakin would be good too but Allegri has dealt with a controversial management and the demands and pressures of a club far bigger than Lazio.

With Galliani leaving Milan and Barbara Berlusconi stepping up her control, what does this mean for Allegri? Any chance of a change?
Isn't that a coach cant take on two teams in a year? That would certainly mean we keep hold of petko till summer. Surely an option though

Cash

• LF Legend
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2013, 05:04:37 PM »

Thats the rule in Italy, correct mate. So no Allegri this year butI suspect he will stay on and leave in the summer and thats when we should grab him. Lots of talk about him taking over after Prandelli though..
Lotito VATTENE!

Caput Mundi

• LF Legend
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2013, 12:53:00 AM »

Aren't we talking about next year though?

Murat Yakin is probably not going to break a contract with Basel to come to Lazio mid season either, especially given their prospects in Europe are much better than hours.
La Lazio la nostra. Guai a chi la tocca.

Cash

• LF Legend
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2013, 08:59:33 AM »

Well, Im expecting Petko to be kicked faaaaaaaar away as soon as he has officially agreed with the Swiss.
Lotito VATTENE!

Amir

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2013, 07:38:21 PM »

About Allegri,

I was a huge fan of his since his Cagliari days and his first 2 seasons with Milan.
But after that, I come to realize he is one stubborn son of a b...ch and totally unsuitable to coach a team such is Lazio.
As such, I wish he remains as far away from us as possible.

For the record, my wish list:

1. Guidolin
2. Yakin
3. Bollini
AVE LAZIO - Popolus tuus te acclamat

Danish-Laziofan

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2013, 09:00:10 PM »

I think I read an article the other day, that Yakin doesn't speak Italian.

Can anybody confirm this?

If this is true, then it would be a huge negative aspect on appointing him as a coach - at least in the middle of a season where you have to adapt quickly.
Please, take a minute at www.sslazio.dk . If there are other Scandinavian brothers who want to join, feel free!! We all understand each other anyway.

martinese

• LF Legend
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2013, 09:13:01 PM »

Did Petkovic know Italian when he came?

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2013, 09:20:42 PM »

Yes he did and it actually surprises me to hear that Yakin doesn't understand italian, most people in Switzerland are taught italian when they go to school, unless I am mistaken that is. I am not entirely sure I believe whichever article said he doesn't speak italian.

Anyway, my favourite is still Di Matteo

He won the CL with a mediocre Chelsea team. He knows the club, he knows what the fans will expect and most importantly, he can handle the big stars...

It still baffles me how some of you are nay sayers when it comes to Di Matteo...Yes sure lets take another person from another bad league over someone with experience in the premier league.

Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

LazioKosovo

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2013, 09:46:53 PM »

Murat Yakin sounds too good to be true. However, knowing Tare I think it is plausible. But unlikely in this period of time. Mentioned rotation of Swiss trainers seems logical but just after the WC. Also, I do not think that we should go after Primavera coach. Not even as Interim coach since we have enough quality to rescue season, in the worst case scenario, i.e. if Petko leaves or is to be sacked.
Yakin is experienced player who proved himself as very matured coach. Beating twice Mourinho in CL with Basel is a hell of achievement. Also, he could bring with himself some/many of Swiss talents/hidden treasures. I think that in recent years, Lazio has established good link with Swiss football with bringing good footballing prospects. Apart from Lichti and Lulic among others, Petko belongs to this group as promising trainer. Therefore, Yakin to Lazio to me looks like a natural continuation of "partnership".
Yakin is young and modern coach with modern approach to football and with many young players on board such as Keita, Onazi, Perea etc, it could be winning combination.
Di Matteo, as far as I know is still officially on Chelsea's payroll, so I do not really see how he would come to Lazio. Also, he said that he wants to continue in England.
Guidolon is excellent coach, but I would still go after Yakin even with the blind folded eyes.
So, go after Yakin.   

Caput Mundi

• LF Legend
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2013, 02:08:45 AM »

Yes he did and it actually surprises me to hear that Yakin doesn't understand italian, most people in Switzerland are taught italian when they go to school, unless I am mistaken that is. I am not entirely sure I believe whichever article said he doesn't speak italian.

Nah, they only learn two of the Swiss languages, ie. most would learn German and French unless they are from the south of the country.

I'm not sure speaking Italian fluently is really a major necessity though. Plenty of our players wouldn't be able to speak a great deal of Italian. If Yakin can speak French he may be able to get by with the help of a translator.
La Lazio la nostra. Guai a chi la tocca.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11