Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Devis Mangia?  (Read 2037 times)

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
Devis Mangia?
« on: December 05, 2013, 03:31:06 PM »

Ok, so I'm going to open another topic for Devis Mangia as he is heavily linked with a move here as interim manager in January.

Thoughts? Primavera finalist with Varese, Euro U21 finalist with Italy and limited experience of Serie A with Palermo.

Also, got an obsession with the 4-4-2 with a 'double six', so chances are we would line-up with Ledesma and Biglia in the midfield together under his management. Something like...

(4-4-2): Marchetti; Konko, Ciani, Cana, Radu; Candreva, Biglia, Ledesma, Lulic, Klose, Floccari.

LofL

• LF Legend
Re: Devis Mangia?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 03:37:10 PM »

This is the kind of coaches we can get if we sack Petkovic.

So careful what you wish for guys, the grass isn't always greener.

Keeping Petkovic until the summer still looks like the most likely move. Unlike most of you I haven't even thought about him leaving yet, I know very well how Lotito likes to handle these situations.

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 03:37:52 PM »

He started good at Palermo if I remember correctly but that might have been pure luck or Miccolli or the new coach effect. He ended poorly. He did good work with youth but so does Bollini and nobody considers him. In the end I am fine with anybody until summer, but since Mangia is really "anybody", why not give Bollini or Inzaghinho a try. They surely can do the same work.

Caput Mundi

• LF Legend
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 03:47:10 PM »

I think he won the primavera scudetto with Palermo too.

It's hard to judge coaches at Palermo purely because of the Zamparini effect. That's why it's disappointing that Gattuso decided to start his career there.

Some coaches are just better working with youth teams though. It takes a completely different skill set to working in professional football and I suspect Mangia may be one of those, much like Bollini.
La Lazio la nostra. Guai a chi la tocca.

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 03:50:08 PM »

Anyhow, I suspect that he will be here so short that Lazio070 won't even have time to declare him eternal love and to afterwards change his mind and hate him forever!

Done

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 03:59:50 PM »

I think he won the primavera scudetto with Palermo too.

It's hard to judge coaches at Palermo purely because of the Zamparini effect. That's why it's disappointing that Gattuso decided to start his career there.

Some coaches are just better working with youth teams though. It takes a completely different skill set to working in professional football and I suspect Mangia may be one of those, much like Bollini.

This is a fact. The guy is completly crazy. Gattuso in an interview, said that he called him at 12h in the evening, to order him the first eleven of the squad.
I think Mangia is very talented and has a potential to be very good manager for us. But, Im affraid that lotare, are going to try to make a puppet from him too. Still, Id prefer him over Yakin, since he is familliar with calcio..

- strength, pride, discipline -

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2013, 04:41:13 PM »

There's a difference between Bollini, Lopez, Manicone etc. and Mangia. The majority of youth team coaches end up as Primavera coaches or at best, those who excel at their clubs end up at Lega Pro clubs or as assistant managers ie. Bollini, Lopez, Manicone. Maybe Inzaghi will end up in their shoes.

Those who become the big names of the Primavera often get a shot at something higher. Ballardini for example, or Stramamerda.

The difference with Mangia is he coached a number of clubs before he became a Primavera manager. So he has experience of working with experienced players, and not 18 and 19 year-olds. He's already got an advantage over the rest.

The fact he was given the U21 job means that he's rated quite highly out there. But then, so was Ballardini and so was Petkovic...

The Undertaker

• LF Legend
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2013, 10:46:02 PM »

One thing I noticed today... totally out of topic... Mangia is a coach at Lazio at my Football Manager save and he leaded us to Serie B. Jeez...  :wuzz:

Eka_Baron

• LF Legend
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2013, 10:51:48 PM »

I prefer petko than this mangia.

gibson_lp2

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2013, 11:21:18 PM »

Unknown quantity, really can't tell. Nothing to get excited about, and would be a risky move if we are going poorly to put this guy in who is not experienced at this level to steady the ship for a few months until someone else joins... He might not be able to and we would end up possible relegated (worst case scenario obviously and doubt it will happen).
Pages: [1] 2