Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 400

Author Topic: Transfers and Rumors 2014 - part I  (Read 206987 times)

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
Re: Transfers and Rumors 2014 - part I
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2014, 09:59:22 PM »

Look at Cani and Novarettis abilities..or lack of. Then add how injury prone Biava is and how likely it is to see dias suspended.

We need a new CB more than a new striker.
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

Caput Mundi

• LF Legend
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2014, 12:35:48 AM »

Reja has been pretty clear about the mercato I would think.

He's said he's told Lotito what he wants and that Lotito intends to act on it.

Basically, offload a defender and a forward and bring in new players in those positions. I'm still fairly optimistic we will land Cannavaro.

As for those saying "half the mercato is over wah wah", business is always done at the end of the month. Just have patience.
La Lazio la nostra. Guai a chi la tocca.

MCRLaziale

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2014, 02:38:38 AM »

I heard Inter's initial offer was 12m, and co-ownerships of both Schelotto and Andreolli. Andreolli was decent at Chievo, and would be good cover, better than Cana, Ciani and Novaretti. I'd try to get half of Ricky Alvarez thrown in; he performed well as a support striker at the start of the season, but Mazzarri inexplicably placed him deeper and sat Guarin behind Palacio. If Hernanes goes there, Ricky will struggle for games and could play any of our attacking midfield roles.

I personally will be sad to see Floccari go; he did a lot for us in the second half revival in 2010.

Super Ram

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2014, 06:45:48 AM »

I haven't heard any comment from Tare or Lotito lately about the mercato. They haven't - yet - promised us 3 champions as they do every 6 months..

@Caput - Yes, I agree with what you're saying. Reja seems to have asked to offload one defender (Novaretti or Ciani most probably) and one attacker (floccari - he hasn't featured yet with him) and bring in two fresh players who can participate directly.

Anderson and Ederson did well last night to create chances, with Onazi putting in a Pirlo like performance (first half at least).. I think that satisfied Reja a bit and I doubt he will look for reinforcements in midfield (he still had the 5 regulars on bench - lulic, candreva, hernanes, Gonzales and Ledesma)..
They choose to fly.. where eagles dare!

Caput Mundi

• LF Legend
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2014, 07:07:54 AM »

What Reja has done with his short comment is effectively put all the pressure on Lotito to do something.

Everyone knows where the deficiencies are and what the coach wants and having just called on him to bail out the team, Lotito really has little choice but to back the coach in.

I agree with everyone who will be sad to see Floccari go. The guy's been immense but we overlooked sentiment with more important figures like Rocchi so if there is a chance to cash in on Sergio, we have to take it. His best years are long since finished.
La Lazio la nostra. Guai a chi la tocca.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2014, 07:23:16 AM »

After last night performance from Ciani/Nova, it cannot be more clear.  When Dias/Biava's last season is over in the summer we will have nothing decent left.  Nova/Ciani are a disaster together and apart also not good enough.  I would sell Ciani this mercato if there is a chance, he's the worst in my opinion.  I know we still have Cana, but he's not even a CB, he's an MF. 

It's so crucial getting a CB this mercato, don't really care what else happens.  Cannavaro should come and offload Ciani?  Then in the summer another quality CB is very much needed.  Also, Elez needs to come in now.

Perea cannot go out on loan, he will be needed bigtime.  If Flocc is sold this month and Klose leave in the summer, it will only be him and a new striker (Djordjevic?) and possible/hopefully a promotion for Tounkara?

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2014, 09:17:53 AM »

After last night certain things became clearer:

Felipe Anderson can successfully replace Hernanes
Perea is good enough as a second striker Klose
Keita needs more time to mature
Ciani is sort of ok, but Nova is certainly not at Serie A requirements
Ederson was a bit of dissapointment and I would not be surprised if he will be sold

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2014, 09:20:40 AM »

One thing: the exchange Hernanes - Guarin can be actually Reja's idea. Do you remember how bad he wanted Guarin and how pissed of was when Inter signed him from Porto? He came out and said that we've chased him for almost a year and Inter still managed to get him. Nevertheless, I believe that Guarin will not accept to move to us.

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2014, 09:36:49 AM »

Guarin will not join Lazio when Chelsea wants him. That rumor is totally fake in my opinion.
If we let Hernanes go, it will be for cash, or for cash + a player who is not a real good one.

For me it is clear that Lazio is most working on offloading a defender to bring a new one, and trying to cash in Floccari to get another striker instead of him.
These are the only plans which i think for NOW ... they are possible.

I agree with drazvan that Anderson can replace a Hernanes (what is not difficult in current times), but if we sell him in January? ... i don't know. I guess it is not planned, but i don't rule out a last minute sell IF a good offer arrives.

martinese

• LF Legend
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2014, 10:26:26 AM »

Lazio are set to renew their long-standing interest in PSV striker Tim Matavz. The Slovenian has a contract until the summer of 2016 but the club could be persuaded to sell.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 400