Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27

Author Topic: Forum & Website Feedback  (Read 12580 times)

Caput Mundi

• LF Legend
Re: Forum & Website Feedback
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 09:24:46 AM »

I don't tend to use the site for news because I like to keep myself across Roman sources but the forum setup is definitely excellent, despite gripes I have such as people launching attacks on our captain.

For me, the only key issue is attempting to access the forum and failing because of server errors but I accept this is beyond your control.

Bono is bang on about highlights too. So many times I scour the net for highlights and it takes 15 minutes because idiots feel the need to upload 'fake' highlights videos so such a page on here would get a lot of use from me.
La Lazio la nostra. Guai a chi la tocca.

William

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2014, 11:20:23 AM »

I honestly haven't been on the Lazioland website in well over a year. I just don't like it, sorry! The forum is excellent of course, even if I'm not as active as I used to be I still come on often enough. And the way I look at it why try to fix something that ain't broken?... Ya's do a great job here but always seem to be trying to better yourselves, relax a little!

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2014, 12:20:13 PM »

I honestly haven't been on the Lazioland website in well over a year. I just don't like it, sorry! The forum is excellent of course, even if I'm not as active as I used to be I still come on often enough. And the way I look at it why try to fix something that ain't broken?... Ya's do a great job here but always seem to be trying to better yourselves, relax a little!

Some feedback on that would be appreciated William!  :supsmile:

William

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2014, 03:07:07 PM »

Okay....

It's the same shit you can read anywhere else, almost like it's been copied pasted and slightly altered. The layout is shit, meaning I find it highly unattractive and have no desire to view it again. This is my opinion and mine alone, hope no one takes offence but gio did ask and anyway, I have a high disliking to the internet so I'm likely to say that. Though I thought it much more polite to say I didn't like it...

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2014, 03:19:07 PM »

I think the forum is excellent and I would not change anything.

Regarding the website, I think a redesign would help it a bit. I have to agree that the current design is a bit dated (looks more like a website from 10 years ago). We have plenty of people with good imagination around so I think a template contest to make it more modern would bring some new ideas.

As for the content, I must admit that until recently when the news got also posted on Facebook i prefered to look on some other sites like lalaziosiamonoi.it or tuttomercatoweb.com. I like that I get the translated versions of the most important news on my Facebook page, makes it a bit easier. Sure it takes sometimes too much time between the original news and the translated one but that is not always a bad thing: it gives time to check if the news is credible or not.

Keep up the good work and let me know if you need any help, guys!

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2014, 12:24:33 PM »

I would like to apologise for the recent issues we have been experiencing on the forum, particularly the problems that we had last week.

The issues resulted from a bug which had infiltrated the forum software and caused problems both to our forum and any forum that runs the same software. It was beyond the control of the LazioLand team, but we were able to resolve it once an update was released.

We are also experiencing a little bit of lag time at the moment. This is most probably as a result of having a forum and website that has so much content. We believe this will be resolved soon, but I apologise in advance if you find it takes unreasonably long to post from time-to-time. I will keep you updated.

We greatly appreciate your patience when these issues occur. It is becoming very difficult to keep our community online almost 100% of the time. Last week was not the first time we had a problem as a result of malicious malware and in those situations, it is entirely out of our hands, but every day we are having to spend some time separating legitimate accounts from spam accounts. These problems have put an end to many forums because at the end of the day, there is only so much we can dedicate to keeping the community alive.

The challenges which we face as a team are ones that we are determined to overcome, but it detracts from our work. We are spending so much time trying to keep the forum in working order that we are unable to commit to making the forum a better place for everybody and what concerns me, is that we are struggling to find the time to deal with issues that are entirely preventable in an amicable way.

We ask that everybody co-operates with us rather than making our lives difficult. We have clear rules which we not only want people to respect, but need people to respect. I cannot stress that enough.

In recent months and perhaps years, the attitude towards people who dedicate a significant amount of time to this forum just has not been good enough. The incidents have been minor and from a select few, but they should not be occurring at all.

If we end up reaching a point where we are having to wade through 100 account registrations to find the one Lazio fan, only to find that Lazio fan will turn around later and behave in a way that is more time-consuming than wading through all those registrations in the first place, then that is the day when a tough decision is inevitably going to be made.

This is a great community and I would encourage everyone to keep it that way.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2014, 12:00:34 PM »

Apologies for the latest problems. We've had a few gremlins on the forum for quite a while now, but it seems everyone experienced downtime over the last few days. These issues are beyond our control, but we reported them in good detail, so hopefully the issues will be resolved.

I cannot make any promises as I have received no feedback, however, the problems I've noticed over the last few weeks have been remedied so I'm hoping this issue is over us. No promises though, and apologies once again.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2014, 08:27:15 PM »

It's my opinion that no apologies are necessary.  These thing can happen, nobody whishes for this we all know that.  Thanks and thumbs up for the people who maintain the forum in their own time and profitless.

:bravo:

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2014, 03:36:12 PM »

We need apologies from passive members  :ops:.Those that don't wrote for a long time.

ArmLaziale

• LF Legend
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2014, 04:00:31 PM »

It's my opinion that no apologies are necessary.  These thing can happen, nobody whishes for this we all know that.  Thanks and thumbs up for the people who maintain the forum in their own time and profitless.

:bravo:
I second this  :offlag:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27