Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 90

Author Topic: Simone Inzaghi  (Read 44673 times)

dinhochester

• LF Legend
Re: Simone Inzaghi
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2016, 11:29:38 AM »

The only thing I donít understand in Inzaghi mind is why the hell he bench Sergej Milinkovic Savic?
I always agree that Onazi should be given a chance as our mid to give more balance between defence and attack as Onazi can really help the defense unlike biglia.
Biglia or Parolo is the one who should be replaced by Onazi not Sergej Milinkovic Savic.
My preferred mid is
Onazi Biglia/Parolo Sergej

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2016, 11:52:29 AM »

The only thing I donít understand in Inzaghi mind is why the hell he bench Sergej Milinkovic Savic?

Biglia and Parolo have probably been our two best players over the last two seasons. You can make arguments for dropping both, and goodness knows I have, but coming into the team, Inzaghi is going to look to depend on them.

The decision is between Onazi, SMS and Cataldi. For me, Onazi has been the better of the three all season, but it's no secret that he's been looking to move on due to a lack of playing time, and I think he was being kept out of the team for that reason and that reason alone.

It's a clean slate with Inzaghi and clearly he's decided to go with Onazi, and I can't see why anyone would think that's the wrong call. Onazi has more experience than SMS and Cataldi, he's more proven, he's been playing better this season, he has more about him at this moment in time.

It comes down to this: the manager knows what Onazi is going to give him over 90 minutes. He doesn't know what he's going to get from SMS or Cataldi. They're too hot and cold.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2016, 12:00:53 PM »

There's a lot of media speculation, but as a Lazio fan, I feel I know more about what we're likely to do with the manager than the journalists.

The club has a choice to make. For two years, we've been imposing a certain way of playing at the club - 4-3-3 with the focus on winning back possession quickly.

In his first press conference, Simone made it clear that's the way he likes his teams to play football - 4-3-3, win possession back quickly. It's the way he likes to play because it's what he would've been asked to do when he became Primavera boss two years ago. It's what Tare and Lensen want.

First and foremost, the club has to decide after the failings of this season if we want to persist with that project. Then we have to decide if Inzaghi is ready to spearhead it.

My guess is the club will want to persist with the project. The evidence suggests that - Tare and Lensen are still here, Pioli - the one who didn't always commit to it - is gone.

So as far as I can see, the club are only going to let Inzaghi leave if they can find a better manager who is happy to play the same way. While the media say x, y and z are favourites for the job, Tare is saying things which strongly suggest Inzaghi will be here next season.

Pretty much what i was going for.  Pioli started to change certain things after failiures and now he's out.  The club will either keep Inzaghi or sign a new 433 style coach. It would surprise me bigtime if the setup would change and they get Mihajlovic, because he won't play that way for sure.  The closest fit would have been EDF but that's not going to happen.  Miha, Lippi, Prandelli all don't fit Tare's profile. 

Simone immediatly continiuod like in the primavera, same play and did not even adjust against Juve wich was suicide.  Playing like that against Palermo is fine but it's already useless facing Samp.  We need a coach who can adjust tactics, pressure when it's doable and countering when necessary. Therefore needing a thight group that doesn't change much, 'again' similar to Atletico by example.  Exact formation doesn't really matter.  Hard to get that here with all our injury cases.  I have to say, i'm far from hopefull as we know how Tare and Lotito act.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2016, 12:28:12 PM »

The club will either keep Inzaghi or sign a new 433 style coach. It would surprise me bigtime if the setup would change and they get Mihajlovic, because he won't play that way for sure.

Mihajlovic changes system like underwear. I wouldn't say he won't play that way, because Berlusconi demands a three-man attack at Milan, and he was manager there. So he's already taken one job agreeing to play a certain way, why not do the same at the club he claims to love?

But we've got to look at the facts here. Simone was groomed to be manager - the timing was wrong two years ago, it's right now - and Roque Junior is being promoted up the youth setup very quickly.

The evidence points to Igli Tare as DS, Joop Lensen as Director of Youth, Simone Inzaghi as manager and Roque Junior as Primavera coach next season.

The media points to Claudio Lotito as DS (since they talk as if Tare has no say in anything), Tommaso Rocchi as Director of Youth (rumoured), Sinisa Mihajlovic as manager (rumoured), and Sebastiano Siviglia as Primavera coach (rumoured).

It's worth noting that there is one member of the first team who was not sacked along with Pioli - the guy Tare brought in during the summer as a 'match analyst'. So either Tare's doing the firing and kept his man in his job, or Lotito trusts Tare and kept the guy Tare hired.

So I don't buy into the media's idea of a revolution because I can already see, the guys who were brought in to be on the project are being kept on.

dinhochester

• LF Legend
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2016, 01:29:47 PM »

Biglia and Parolo have probably been our two best players over the last two seasons. You can make arguments for dropping both, and goodness knows I have, but coming into the team, Inzaghi is going to look to depend on them.

The decision is between Onazi, SMS and Cataldi. For me, Onazi has been the better of the three all season, but it's no secret that he's been looking to move on due to a lack of playing time, and I think he was being kept out of the team for that reason and that reason alone.

It's a clean slate with Inzaghi and clearly he's decided to go with Onazi, and I can't see why anyone would think that's the wrong call. Onazi has more experience than SMS and Cataldi, he's more proven, he's been playing better this season, he has more about him at this moment in time.

It comes down to this: the manager knows what Onazi is going to give him over 90 minutes. He doesn't know what he's going to get from SMS or Cataldi. They're too hot and cold.
Onazi is consistent I agree. He press the whole match.
But the same can be said abt sergej, he also consistent press the opponent for 90 minutes.
A coach just need to find a best role for sms.
What so hot and cold about SMS?
Felipe is hot and cold. LOL.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2016, 01:52:31 PM »

Onazi is consistent I agree. He press the whole match.
But the same can be said abt sergej, he also consistent press the opponent for 90 minutes.
A coach just need to find a best role for sms.
What so hot and cold about SMS?
Felipe is hot and cold. LOL.

You're a big fan of SMS, so I find these discussions difficult, because you see things I actually don't think are there.

You say SMS can press the opponent for 90 minutes, like Onazi, but I don't agree. Onazi is a better defensive player and as I keep saying, SMS doesn't offer enough in attack. We had this discussion before the Derby and I admit there's plenty of evidence to suggest we score more easily when SMS plays, but we also concede more easily.

Felipe Anderson blew hot and cold, but he scored 10 goals, and he got praise. Anderson has blown hot and cold this season, scored 9 goals so far, and has been criticised. Anderson is inconsistent but delivers. SMS is inconsistent and doesn't deliver enough.

Cnon

• LF Legend
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2016, 03:16:19 PM »

Damn it's good to be back.

Inzaghi haven't reinvented the wheel, he took what Pioli started and pimped it up. Basically he took Pioli's old BMW 320 and added a turbo and slick tyres. From outside it's still the same car but from the inside the little chances made it feel like a new car.

First difference I see is that he introduced Onazi to the midfield in a defensive role. I like this a lot and this is something I wanted to see months ago. Although, I wanted him being there instead of Parolo and not next to Biglia and Parolo. But I can understand the system now and I have nothing against it so far. Also Onazi isn't afraid to use long passes which in this system works. Onazi is doing his job really well although if only his passes were more accurate, like Pirloesque. :twinkle:

Second difference I see is that Parolo is far more attacking than he has ever been in Lazio. I like this change too because I've always said Parolo has amazing off the ball skills. He is next to Mauri when it comes to this skill and there aren't really anyone else who can compete with these two from our squad. Personally I would want to see Sergej doing this job but I can understand Inzaghi choosing Parolo. Parolo is experienced player, you know exactly what you get and in the role he is playing, his off the ball movement is very important. I have no doubts that Sergej can do this job and he will in the future, it's just that Parolo is the safer option at the moment.

There is a little change at our wingers too but not much. Basically they are just more direct but still doing the same stuff. They will go towards the goal a lot more but still do the crosses and dribbles. It's just that now we actually have much more attacking players inside the penalty box (Parolo almost constantly, the striker and the other winger, sometimes even a left back or right back!). Also it's good to see Keita playing more, something we didn't see that much because Pioli trusted Anderson so much.

So basically our gameplay is the same but we are more direct, we want to go more towards the goal and do that fast. Also we actually want to do fast attacking actions (crosses, shooting, dribbles and even long balls) rather than keeping the possession and passing the ball around/back. I like it alot.

Defensively I don't really see much change. It's just that Onazi is there more. Also our defence is still quite vulnerable and the players do mistakes all the time. So I really hope we buy more suitable CBs during the summer.

These are my observations from the two first games. I only saw about 30 minutes of the game against Juventus and it surprised me how we still wanted to play the same. We dominated the game against Juventus in the beginning but the skill difference is still quite huge there and in the end Juventus won easily. I didn't see the game against Sampdoria.

It might not be perfect but I can stretch to maybe 75% close to perfect. That's all you get Cathal, 25%  :fingerup:

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2016, 05:26:15 PM »

Well Cnon, the Samp game made me nuts.  A furocious start but missed a pen, several open chances and then conceding like children.  A textbook example of the ancient law of football.  Extremely frustrating, be glad you missed it ...  :twinkle:

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2016, 05:45:58 PM »

Well Cnon, the Samp game made me nuts.  A furocious start but missed a pen, several open chances and then conceding like children.  A textbook example of the ancient law of football.  Extremely frustrating, be glad you missed it ...  :twinkle:

Ah, but Morrison got 5 minutes or so, and even passed the ball once, so Inzaghi is amazing and Pioli was an idiot  :whistle:

Eaton_swfc

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2016, 06:18:14 PM »

One of my favourite players, hopefully will be coach one day

:band04:
to

Good guess !
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 90