Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 112

Author Topic: Simone Inzaghi  (Read 69753 times)

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
Re: Simone Inzaghi
« Reply #1010 on: September 02, 2018, 11:47:32 PM »

Mr Inzaghi : you still didnt made a miracle (ranieri with Leichester), didnt make impact like Mou-Pep in their teams, far away from Kloop "predictablle" style,never will be ser Alex.....please gets back in normal.
 You dont have credits for this kind of experiments,bored non sense predictablle 3511....
 Gets back and be nice guy who understand this team and made decisions like in past(gets back Klose-Gentileti-Onazi in team....leaves aside Bisevac-Djordjevic etc)
 We dont need Marusic.

sniperpon

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #1011 on: December 17, 2018, 10:51:43 PM »

If I were Lotito, this is the moment where I would start making some exploratory calls regarding coaching candidates, to at least see who is out there.

For me, the mark of a coach is whether he's elevating players above their level, or pulling them down. Last year, I thought Inzaghi had the players mildly overachieving, based on the final results weighed against the value of the squad. This year, I think they are mildly underachieving, again based on results.

So it's a wash, right? Not quite: we're regressing; we started the season losing to the big teams, but beating the teams smaller than us. Then we started drawing to them-- several in a row. Now we're losing to them. It's the trajectory which is all wrong, and which worries me.

Overall, we haven't won a game in the league since November 4! That's a long time. I don't think Inzaghi's present system is suiting the players' strengths. In general, they seem to be lost, both tactically and psychologically. There is no chance we progress in Europa League playing like this, or finish in even the Europa League spots.

The emotional part of my brain wants Inzaghi to stay "forever", but the logical side of my brain tells me that it might be time to make a change, if there is a coach out there who might be able to put a system in place where the game is "in front" of the players so they are comfortable, and who can get individuals like Sergej to get outside of their heads.

Cathal

« Reply #1012 on: December 17, 2018, 11:01:36 PM »

We can't make a change every time history repeats itself. When history repeats itself every couple of years, it can't be the manager. This is why I am surprised Inzaghi is the one being blamed for this and not the common denominators.

And the one thing I'd say about history repeating itself this time around is that things are not as bad now as they were in the past - and yet fans are having the same reaction as in the past.

I'm not sure about Inzaghi as a manager - I don't know how anyone could be given his inexperience - but I'm quite sure he's not the problem.

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #1013 on: December 17, 2018, 11:04:52 PM »

Inzaghi will get sacked lightyears ahead of when we may see the defensive overhaul that this team needs.

This shit we're seeing now falls on Lotito and Tare. But they are both so stubborn that they will keep hyping up the team like it's a Ferrari when in truth they have given Inzaghi a team with an awful defence.

There's some irony here though. Italian football was always smart in the sense that everyone knew that to have a great team you start with your defenders. Our defenders are so poor I doubt most of them would make the starting 11 of any other top 10 team in the league.

Luiz Felipe should probably have stayed another year or two in Salerno. And defenders like Bastos and Wallace needs to go to a league where the physique is more important because they are not good enough for the italian game.

Our last chance is in the January mercato where we can go out and spend money like never before in in a winter mercato. That's what this team needs, a massive upgrade. Like two CBs and a wingback.

If this team is what we will see until the end of the season then mark my words..we're not playing European football next season. We will end 8-10th because we're not better with these defenders. Last season Ciro, LA and the midfielders carried them, but they obviously can't do that again this season.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 11:07:11 PM by ilsemprelaziale »
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

Cathal

« Reply #1014 on: December 17, 2018, 11:51:48 PM »

The defence would look a lot better if Leiva was in the team, if SMS was in last season's form, if Luis Alberto didn't have pubalgia, if Marusic had any confidence, if Lulic wasn't in a slow and steady decline etc.

I have often supported Tare, but I hold him responsible for much of what we've seen this season. It's not the above because some of that, you can't predict.

But Tare looked at a guy who played 8 years in the same team in Austria and decided that guy could come in and lay down a challenge to SMS and Parolo.

Tare saw the captain of Fiorentina and somehow thought taking a guy out of a team that was built around him and asking him to be Leiva and Parolo's understudy was going to be an immediate success. Presumably he hadn't seen how Biglia fared in Milan, or indeed, Biglia's first season at Lazio.

Tare chose not to strengthen obvious weaknesses in the team and force Inzaghi to persist with Strakosha, Marusic, Wallace etc.

Tare signed a guy with Balkan heritage that Inzaghi clearly doesn't rate in Durmisi.

Tare presumably went along with a suggestion from Salerno that Mattia Sprocati was worth looking at - Inzaghi decided otherwise.

Tare signed Djavan Anderson for Inzaghi to have a look at, and the guy doesn't cut it for Salernitana.

Akha

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #1015 on: December 18, 2018, 12:50:01 AM »

VENI VIDI LULIĆ

sniperpon

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #1016 on: December 18, 2018, 01:00:58 AM »

We can't make a change every time history repeats itself.

Sure we can, and maybe we should! The average shelf life of a coach in any professional sport is only a couple of years. Outside of Juventus or New England Patriots, history repeats itself over and over with every team: there are ups, and downs. Oftentimes a coaching change is needed to turn things around. Just look at Chicago Bears.

I wouldn't make a change just to make it, but I also certainly don't think it would hurt to bring in a couple of candidates, and have Inzaghi interview to keep his job: what's his plan to get things back on track, then weigh it against the other interviews.

When an entire team looks clueless and out-of-sorts, for me that's a coaching question. My hometown NFL team, Minnesota Vikings, looked that way on offense-- couldn't even do the basics. Then they replaced the offensive coordinator, and scored more touchdowns in one quarter than the previous bloke did in the previous ten quarters.

My worry with Inzaghi is that he's "one of the boys". That was good last year, but this year I think he's just as moribund and out of form as his players. Maybe the team needs an authoritative, boss-like "outsider" to get them back on track.

Akha

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #1017 on: December 18, 2018, 02:33:42 AM »

When was the last time under Lotito that sacking manager during the season turned out to be a good idea? Ballardini? When we were endagered by relegation :whistle:?

I think it's not that difficult to see that we have some mental issues, it is clear that our players are unsure, unfocused, frustrated. Sure, most of them are far from top form physically and the number of individual grave mistakes does not help. But how would rumours of a new coach affect them? Would they help the team? You'd expect Inzaghi to come up with brighter ideas because he is put under pressure by our directors talking to other coaches?

Besides, we've been changing coaches every 2-3 years and what have we achieved? Most of the time we took spots that reflected the quality of our team, so what do you think will happen if we replace Inzaghi (btw with whom? Ventura? or maybe Reja for the 3rd time?) now? Will we march for the 4th spot, stay where we are or crash out of top 6  :whistle: ? Maybe for once let's not repeat something that does not work so we can be spared regretting it later.

And I love drama but this time I don't get it - come today's evening if Milan win they will have 4 points advantage over us with 22 games still to go. Besides, historically speaking last season was one of the best campaigns we ever had. I know that for some season's already over every August but come on, it's not even Christmas yet  :razz:
VENI VIDI LULIĆ

Cathal

« Reply #1018 on: December 18, 2018, 07:16:12 AM »

We can't make a change every time history repeats itself.

Sure we can, and maybe we should! The average shelf life of a coach in any professional sport is only a couple of years. Outside of Juventus or New England Patriots, history repeats itself over and over with every team: there are ups, and downs. Oftentimes a coaching change is needed to turn things around. Just look at Chicago Bears.

I wouldn't make a change just to make it, but I also certainly don't think it would hurt to bring in a couple of candidates, and have Inzaghi interview to keep his job: what's his plan to get things back on track, then weigh it against the other interviews.

When an entire team looks clueless and out-of-sorts, for me that's a coaching question. My hometown NFL team, Minnesota Vikings, looked that way on offense-- couldn't even do the basics. Then they replaced the offensive coordinator, and scored more touchdowns in one quarter than the previous bloke did in the previous ten quarters.

My worry with Inzaghi is that he's "one of the boys". That was good last year, but this year I think he's just as moribund and out of form as his players. Maybe the team needs an authoritative, boss-like "outsider" to get them back on track.

Who thought Antonio Conte could lead Juventus to greatness when he was leading Atalanta to relegation and sparking riots in Bergamo?

Would Manchester United have built a dynasty had they decided to sack Alex Ferguson when he led the team from 2nd in 1988 to 11th in 1989?

How clued up did Bill Belichick look when he had a losing record in 5 of his first 6 seasons as a head coach?

What I took from your post is you want to be more Minnesota Vikings and less New England Patriots. Why?

Crni Đorđe

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #1019 on: December 18, 2018, 07:33:28 AM »

We're sixth biggest 'investment' in Serie A and we're sitting fifth.
sky blue is the color
eagle and shield are symbols...
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 112