Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 88

Author Topic: Simone Inzaghi  (Read 41059 times)

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
Re: Simone Inzaghi
« Reply #680 on: April 20, 2017, 12:06:55 PM »

To be fair to Lotito, I think he would back his manager through good times and bad if the manager convinced him. I don't think he was convinced by Petkovic or Pioli or even Delio Rossi. Whereas I think Reja would still be manager if Reja wanted to be at Lazio.

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #681 on: April 20, 2017, 12:42:01 PM »

To be fair to Lotito, I think he would back his manager through good times and bad if the manager convinced him. I don't think he was convinced by Petkovic or Pioli or even Delio Rossi. Whereas I think Reja would still be manager if Reja wanted to be at Lazio.

Oh yeah that's for sure. It takes a lot for Lotito to actually fire someone, usually happens too late in a season to rescue it. No doubt Lotito would be happy to keep the same manager around, as mentioned before by you he has a tendency to like to keep the same people around and I think he and Inzaghi see eye to eye on things. Not suggesting that Inzaghi is a puppet, far from it, but that they get along.

dinhochester

• LF Legend
« Reply #682 on: April 21, 2017, 03:25:05 AM »

What makes you think Lotito is convinced by Reja and Inzaghi and not others?

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #683 on: April 21, 2017, 11:20:13 AM »

What makes you think Lotito is convinced by Reja and Inzaghi and not others?

He fired Petkovic, fired Pioli and agreed to part with Rossi. On the other hand he hired and then re-hired Reja and offered him a renewal which Reja rejected.

dinhochester

• LF Legend
« Reply #684 on: April 21, 2017, 11:35:48 AM »

If I am not mistaken, did Lotito extend Pioli contract?
He was convinced by him if he did that.
It just did not work after that.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #685 on: April 21, 2017, 11:51:37 AM »

Lotito once described Reja as his Alex Ferguson, and it's well documented that when Reja decided to quit that he tried to get him to stay and that when Reja came back the second time, Lotito tried to get him to stick around longer.

Inzaghi has been working at Lazio for almost 20 years and for almost 13 years under Lotito. Lotito kept him around as a player for six years even though Inzaghi, by his own admission, wasn't really capable of doing anything for us on the pitch. Lotito immediately got him into the youth team, promoted him to Primavera, made him Lazio manager, and wasn't prepared to let Inzaghi go even when we were looking for a more experienced manager.

It's clear both those managers were valued by Lotito because he couldn't let go of them. But everyone else, he let go of quite easily.

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #686 on: April 21, 2017, 01:36:07 PM »

Inzaghi is doing a great job and I really like him, but, I really miss Reja! Always loved him, I hope he is enjoying life on his sailboat somewhere!

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #687 on: April 21, 2017, 04:36:11 PM »

Inzaghi is doing a great job and I really like him, but, I really miss Reja! Always loved him, I hope he is enjoying life on his sailboat somewhere!

I liked Reja too but I have to say Inzaghi has so much more pulling power when it comes to signing players. At the moment he is seen as a young maverick and I think a lot of players would be quite excited to come here.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #688 on: April 21, 2017, 04:52:05 PM »

Lotito once described Reja as his Alex Ferguson, and it's well documented that when Reja decided to quit that he tried to get him to stay and that when Reja came back the second time, Lotito tried to get him to stick around longer.

Inzaghi has been working at Lazio for almost 20 years and for almost 13 years under Lotito. Lotito kept him around as a player for six years even though Inzaghi, by his own admission, wasn't really capable of doing anything for us on the pitch. Lotito immediately got him into the youth team, promoted him to Primavera, made him Lazio manager, and wasn't prepared to let Inzaghi go even when we were looking for a more experienced manager.

It's clear both those managers were valued by Lotito because he couldn't let go of them. But everyone else, he let go of quite easily.

And it looks like he's planning on keeping Parolo around that way also with his long term contract, maybe even Lulic to.
Lotito is extremely loyal to people being loyal to him it seems.

But he didn't let go of Petko that easily imo.  He should have been fired due to the bad results and hopeless displays that season but Lotito wasn't doing it (since he won the Coppa probably), but then he fired him quickly because of the Swiss job.  That to him was a sign of not being loyal, that made the difference, not the bas season.  Again, loyalty.

Terzino

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #689 on: April 22, 2017, 07:38:14 AM »

And it looks like he's planning on keeping Parolo around that way also with his long term contract, maybe even Lulic to.
Lotito is extremely loyal to people being loyal to him it seems.

I think it's pretty reasonable to think that Parolo, Lulic and especially Radu will all be here after they hang up their boots.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 88