Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24

Author Topic: New stadium Lazio  (Read 20228 times)

drazvan

• LF Legend
Re: New stadium Lazio
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2014, 11:46:58 AM »

Flaminio would make a nice home for us and 41k is just about the right number if you ask me.  I would be a bit more comfortable with something between 45k-50k, but we need to be realistic. We need a full stadium and the days we could gather 60-70k are over.

This is how it looks now:

And this is how it looked filled with Laziali:

Last game I remember there was the friendly against Chelsea in 2003 (23 000 spectators, great atmosphere):

Advantages:
-known home for Laziale
-reasonable costs to increase to a decent size
-good transport infrastructure
- might be too small for the derby, but on the other hand it might mean that we will see less riomanista so this is in my opinion an advantage

Disadvantages:
-if we would not own the stadium, there will still be a rent issue and then the investment would not be wise
-located close to Olimpico, meaning that we wont be able to play anyway home games at the same time with Merda (if they dont build their own stadium somewhere else)

bart

• Aquilotto
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2014, 01:24:08 PM »

Are we to own the Flaminio or will we still rent from CONI?

This is crucial - because Lotito insists on having a stadium under the ownership of the club.
I think we would still rent it.
L#tito still wants his stadium outside of Rome,but he knows it will take years before he gets approval.
The land where he wants to build is practacly a swamp area.
So this would be good solution.

Caput Mundi

• LF Legend
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2014, 01:28:36 PM »

The idea of building a big complex - ie more than just a stadium is a good one financially but it's impossible to build near the city centre. The land just doesn't exist.

Roma is building their new stadium near the old hippodrome. It's a huge moneymaker but it's miles out of the way. Being based at the Flaminio won't rake in as much cash as that but think of the soft power we'd generate from it as the only club playing in the heart of Rome.
La Lazio la nostra. Guai a chi la tocca.

ArmLaziale

• LF Legend
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2014, 06:56:51 PM »

Although I would love to see us back at Flaminio and that's my number choice, I see no point if we are going to waste money there and pay rent after that.

Zouma

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2014, 07:23:59 PM »

Advantages:
-known home for Laziale
-reasonable costs to increase to a decent size
-good transport infrastructure
- might be too small for the derby, but on the other hand it might mean that we will see less riomanista so this is in my opinion an advantage

Disadvantages:
-if we would not own the stadium, there will still be a rent issue and then the investment would not be wise
-located close to Olimpico, meaning that we wont be able to play anyway home games at the same time with Merda (if they dont build their own stadium somewhere else)

I wouldn't worry about this, even with two stadiums at opposite ends of the city I doubt it'd ever happen. For policing reasons cities with two big teams e.g Liverpool, Glasgow, Manchester have them play at home on alternative weeks so the police aren't overstretched should there be trouble. Even in Edinburgh the football and rugby kick of times are staggered to give the police time to get from one stadium to another.

The main disadvantage for me is the current plan is just for a shell of a stadium, even if we own the stadium we're not going to see a huge jump in revenue.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 07:26:56 PM by Zouma »

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2014, 08:10:55 PM »

I wonder if the Flaminio can be purchased. CONI aren't going to get any revenue, since nobody is currently playing there, unless they expand the stadium and then what? Just rugby revenue? I think they would be stupid to not listen to offers.

Zouma

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2014, 11:18:17 PM »

I can't see Italy going back to the Flaminio for 6 Nations games, not sure about friendlies/test games though. As you said, their not going to make much money from the Flaminio without the 6 Nations.

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2014, 11:39:04 PM »

I can't see Italy going back to the Flaminio for 6 Nations games, not sure about friendlies/test games though. As you said, their not going to make much money from the Flaminio without the 6 Nations.

And that's the thing. Should Lazio and riomma move then CONI will have two stadiums and 1 rugby team. They really ought to think about striking a deal somewhere.

Aquile12

• LF Legend
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2014, 01:48:19 AM »

Building a new stadium would be the second best thing Lotito's ever done (after saving us from bankruptcy of course). Flaminio is too small for us.

Crni Đorđe

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2014, 02:03:51 AM »

Building a new stadium would be the second best thing Lotito's ever done (after saving us from bankruptcy of course). Flaminio is too small for us.
How 41k Flaminio is too small for us? By which parameters? We have average attendance of around 30k this season. Max was 44018 (against Roma, I think)
sky blue is the color
eagle and shield are symbols...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24