Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24

Author Topic: New stadium Lazio  (Read 20094 times)

Stefano6

• LF Legend
Re: New stadium Lazio
« Reply #210 on: December 07, 2017, 09:02:19 PM »

That's what I thought, but when I looked up that area it showed me the same region as the colosesum..mind you not on top of it, but like 10-15 min walk from it  :supsmile:

ps: If we build outside the city I feel like we're giving too much of the city away to 1927...

I also believe this is the main reason a lot of Laziali don't want this plan. It's too much of a compromise with the 'first team of Rome' argument.

Dont blame them. The area Lotito is looking at is about 15km further out of the centre than the Olimpico, and the transport links are very poor.

Granted Romas stadium is not going to be in the city centre, but certainly a lot close than ours..

Coupled with the fact that as we know we already have very little presence in the city in terms of shops, merchandise, etc, to me it feels like were giving the city to Roma and confirming their long held belief that they are Rome and we are the outskirts that no one cares about..

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #211 on: December 07, 2017, 09:05:09 PM »

Its quite a long way out of town, and part of the works for the stadium would (should) include improving the transport links to the area where the stadium would be.

Personally im not a fan of the idea. I mean, our own stadium would be great, but the Olimpico is already far enough out of the centre. Granted there isnt much space elsewhere, but I guess a part of me still hoped for improvements to the Flaminio, or at least knock it down and build on the land, but that will never happen.

I never really understood why we never gave it a bigger shot for the Flaminio project? Is it solely because Lotito for 5-8 years ago only wanted to develop his lands in Tiberina or because there was some legislation against using Flaminio?

Its complicated and I never fully understood it all. But the main bullet points are:

The land is owned by a private family (who however would be willing to do a deal at last I heard)
The costs of renovating Flaminio would be at least the same as that of building a whole new stadium
Seen as not big enough.
No land around the stadium, so no parking, and - more importantly for Lotito - no room to add the other things he wants like hotel, shops, restaurants, etc
Lotito owns the land around Tiburina so he wants to do something with it.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 09:06:44 PM by Stefano6 »

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #212 on: December 07, 2017, 09:07:51 PM »

Do you guys think lotito could convince Coni to sell olimpico to us? When 1927 leave they lose a large sum of revenue in rental fees and if were to leave as well they would only have events like concerts and rugby etc..

Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #213 on: December 07, 2017, 09:13:07 PM »

Almost certainly not. Would the FA sell Wembley to Tottenham?

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #214 on: December 07, 2017, 09:16:23 PM »

Almost certainly not. Would the FA sell Wembley to Tottenham?

No but that's a brand new stadium..
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #215 on: December 07, 2017, 09:21:07 PM »

Its not. But the principle is the same.
CONI own the stadium and we and Roma are tennants, sure we pay them a significant amount of money to use it which they would lose out on if both teams were to leave.

But we are not the only people that use it. Rugby, the national team, concerts, events, athletics, just off the top of my head. Today it was announced that the opening game of Euro 2020 (among others) will be played here.
Their choice would be lose out on the money from 2 tennants, or sell the stadium and lose it all, because the money from those other events would then go to us. I doubt theyd even consider it.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 09:23:37 PM by Stefano6 »

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #216 on: December 07, 2017, 10:12:29 PM »

I forgot the Olimpico history. Mussolini built it and that's basically all I can find on the internet now.

Who was it built for? And why is every chair blue?

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #217 on: December 07, 2017, 10:22:42 PM »

Who was it built for? And why is every chair blue?

Built for Rome's 1944 Olympic bid. As for blue seats, I don't know the actual reason but I'd guess Italy colours?

emhad

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #218 on: December 08, 2017, 09:18:05 AM »

I always dream of Lazio Stadium that full every week. So not necessary to be as big as Olympico. Would be enough to have 30 thousands capacity but like EPL type of stadium. Closer to the supporter and give the away team terror like in Turky Football Club's home.
 :stend1900x:
I was there when Lazio Scudetto, and i was there when Lazio battle for relegation, I am Laziale since 1997...Forza LAZIO! Forza Lazio Indonesia!!!

Caput Mundi

• LF Legend
« Reply #219 on: December 08, 2017, 10:40:38 PM »

Flaminio to me was the only solution. The ship seems to have sailed. Weíll end up outside the city but Iím not confident itíll happen any time soon.

The Fiera di Roma area has alessi been mentioned because itís in the Fiumicino council area instead of in Rome. Easier to get approval in theory.
La Lazio Ť la nostra. Guai a chi la tocca.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24