Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]

Author Topic: New stadium Lazio  (Read 26088 times)

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
Re: New stadium Lazio
« Reply #230 on: February 14, 2018, 03:37:16 PM »

Juventus is such a bad example. In the 90s, our average attendance was far above theirs and was always there or thereabouts with the Milan clubs and 1927.

We almost had 40,000 for the home game with Crotone in December, so I can imagine potential Champions League games with Real in a 40,000 seater could be problematic.

Stadio della 1927 will have 52,500 capacity with a view to expanding to 55,000. I think any stadium we move to must have the potential to expand to 50,000+

moody

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #231 on: February 14, 2018, 04:22:14 PM »

Juventus is such a bad example. In the 90s, our average attendance was far above theirs and was always there or thereabouts with the Milan clubs and 1927.

We almost had 40,000 for the home game with Crotone in December, so I can imagine potential Champions League games with Real in a 40,000 seater could be problematic.

Stadio della 1927 will have 52,500 capacity with a view to expanding to 55,000. I think any stadium we move to must have the potential to expand to 50,000+

90s were like 20 years ago and when Lazio was in its prime, and now we're still sitting out of CL for like 10 years already, why are we so optimistic on the attendance? Unless we foresee going up rapidly like those England teams, there's really not much to look forward to especially when Serie A is still far away from glorious days.

Juve and Roma has an attendance of ~37000 and one has chosen 41000 capacity while the other is having 52500, we having 26000 attendance should logically go for 35000 as Stefano said. Going for 50000+ is again going to have half empty stadiums except for one or few rare matches like Crotone, derby and CL if that really happens.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #232 on: February 14, 2018, 05:28:54 PM »

90s were like 20 years ago and when Lazio was in its prime, and now we're still sitting out of CL for like 10 years already, why are we so optimistic on the attendance? Unless we foresee going up rapidly like those England teams, there's really not much to look forward to especially when Serie A is still far away from glorious days.

Juve and Roma has an attendance of ~37000 and one has chosen 41000 capacity while the other is having 52500, we having 26000 attendance should logically go for 35000 as Stefano said. Going for 50000+ is again going to have half empty stadiums except for one or few rare matches like Crotone, derby and CL if that really happens.

It's not about the 90s or the golden era, but recognising that Lazio has potential that Juventus lack.

We have to be optimistic on the attendance. When Juventus proposed the 41,000 seater stadium, their average attendance was around 20k, now the attendance has doubled and they are having to turn people away.

I think Lazio fans have it in their head that we can't get to old levels because Cragnotti is gone and so have the 90s, but there's so many variables that you can't think like that. One big variable would be the quality of the stadium itself, which I'd take for granted as contributing to Juventus' doubling of their attendance.

Of course, you want to build a stadium you can fill every week, but if we built a 35k stadium, there's going to be games in the future where 30,000 people can't get tickets.

The magic number, for me, is around the 50k mark.

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #233 on: February 14, 2018, 05:46:45 PM »

Juve have always been a good team, but a big reason for Juve attendance being poor was the fans hated the delle alpi - I never went but apparently the view was poor, although from the images it seems similar to the Olimpico.

I think realistically we wont get back to the Cragnotti levels - after all that was a very brief period of time in which we overachieved and we are paying for it 20 years later. But I think a steady 35-40000 is achievable.

50k would be great, and id have absolutely no issues with them going for that sort of capacity stadium, but I still think it would sell out only once or twice a season.

Having said that, we certainly wouldnt be alone, I mean there are teams like Man City that never sell out so its not that unusual. It just seems worse than it is at the minute for us because the stadium massively dwarves the average crowd.

valdanito

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #234 on: February 14, 2018, 05:54:34 PM »

Cathal must be talking about expansion capacity, not the original capacity of the potential stadium. I agree here, let's build something realistic, but that allows us to expand if the need presented itself.
FORZA LAZIO!

Cnon

• LF Legend
« Reply #235 on: February 14, 2018, 06:05:12 PM »

I think the new stadium should have around 40k seats in the beginning. Then we would sell it out every day even when finishing in top 6-8 positions. But it should have an option to upgrade to 50k IF we manage to become yearly scudetto challengers and play in the UCL every season. It's a bigger problem to not sell out every match day than to sell out every match day with 30k fans not getting in because if we can't sell out every match, then we can't raise the prices of the tickets and lose money. While with lesser seats there is more competition for people to buy tickets and thus they are willing to pay more and thus giving us more ticket money.
It might not be perfect but I can stretch to maybe 75% close to perfect. That's all you get Cathal, 25%  :fingerup:

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #236 on: February 14, 2018, 06:11:50 PM »

Juve have always been a good team, but a big reason for Juve attendance being poor was the fans hated the delle alpi - I never went but apparently the view was poor, although from the images it seems similar to the Olimpico.

Exact reason why I think our attendance would shoot up as soon as we move. Location will obviously be a factor, but I think sitting in front of the TV becomes less attractive once the alternative is something other than the Stadio Olimpico.

Cathal must be talking about expansion capacity, not the original capacity of the potential stadium.

I don't mind if the original capacity is around 35-40k as long as the option is there to increase capacity. The last thing you want to do is limit the club's potential for decades to come by being too conservative with the stadium plans.

But I'd imagine the Derby in April will be knocking on the door of 60k, while Milan in September past was 40k, Crotone was almost 40k because of the timing of the game.

If we move to a more modern stadium, and we have Champions League football and the fixture schedule is stadium-goer friendly, we're going to have problems with a 35k seater straight out the gate.

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #237 on: July 18, 2018, 12:41:14 PM »

Apparently its been decided to renovate the Stadio Flaminio.
Timescale is not yet clear, but this is Rome so dont expect anything fast.. but its said that the stadium will be renovated and refurbished, making it usable for multiple sports and returning to its past glories.

It is unfortunately still very unlikely we will ever use it.. Lotito has always dismissed the idea and prefers to build a new one out of town.

I doubt they will use it for Rugby either since they regularly sell out the Olimpico for the 6 Nations games, so I dont know why they would limit themselves to a stadium half the size.

Still, personally im glad to see it be renovated and not left to rot.

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #238 on: July 18, 2018, 12:55:48 PM »

Sounds great,.... and maybe... only maybe... Lazio will play in that stadium in the future.

Maybe Lotito likes it when it's renovated.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #239 on: July 18, 2018, 07:19:47 PM »

Apparently its been decided to renovate the Stadio Flaminio.
Timescale is not yet clear, but this is Rome so dont expect anything fast.. but its said that the stadium will be renovated and refurbished, making it usable for multiple sports and returning to its past glories.

It is unfortunately still very unlikely we will ever use it.. Lotito has always dismissed the idea and prefers to build a new one out of town.

I doubt they will use it for Rugby either since they regularly sell out the Olimpico for the 6 Nations games, so I dont know why they would limit themselves to a stadium half the size.

Still, personally im glad to see it be renovated and not left to rot.

I love the idea of it being Flaminio.  Rebuilding on the club's fundaments.
It would fit in Lazio's style.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]