Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: l'Academy Bob Lovati  (Read 3863 times)

Hadi Van Der Vaart

• LF Legend
Re: l'Academy Bob Lovati
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2014, 02:54:03 AM »

This is good, really good. I hope we can produce so many our own talents in the future, not only for Lazio but also for the national team.

Just curious, I read somewhere they made poll about the name of this academy. Most of them vote "Sergio Cragnotti Academy", but they named it different from the poll. Was the poll held by them?
Players come and go, but my Lazio is still eternal.
A ROMA LA LAZIO C'E SOLO LA LAZIO!!! FORZA LAZIO!!!

Caput Mundi

• LF Legend
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2014, 05:27:54 AM »

This is good, really good. I hope we can produce so many our own talents in the future, not only for Lazio but also for the national team.

Just curious, I read somewhere they made poll about the name of this academy. Most of them vote "Sergio Cragnotti Academy", but they named it different from the poll. Was the poll held by them?

Because Lotito was never going to name anything after Cragnotti. It was a clever provocation though. :supsmile:

Bob Lovati won the poll and deservedly so.
La Lazio la nostra. Guai a chi la tocca.

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2014, 04:31:00 PM »

Cragnoti academy - sounds good.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2014, 04:43:59 PM »

Because Lotito was never going to name anything after Cragnotti. It was a clever provocation though. :supsmile:

The four names they held the poll on were based on the suggestions received in the LazioStyle inbox. There's no way of proving or disproving that Cragnotti was the top suggestion, although it is quite likely he was, as there appears to be a lot of love for Cragnotti in Rome during these protests. Obvious reasons why.

It is a provocation, and clever though it may be, it's insulting to Cragnotti, Lotito and all involved with the club. I'd also go as far as to call it shameful that the fans want an academy for the kids of Rome - their kids - to be named with the sole purpose of insulting a man who will forever be smaller than the club.

It's just another example of why I think this protest has gone way too far. The hatred for Lotito should never be bigger than the love for Lazio., but it is. I looked at the discussion on Facebook when they posted the images of the academy and it was Libera La Lazio and a whole host of insults towards the President? This academy will be around long after Lotito, and the fans would do well to remember that.

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2014, 10:37:27 PM »

This academy is a great achievement. We are showing that we are a forward thinking club and have really given ourselves a real ace in our hand.

When I read things like 'why would a player chose Lazio? We have nothing to offer?' I get angry because we have plenty. This academy is another jewel in la Lazio that will show players round the world that we have plenty to offer.

Weninho

• LF Legend
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2014, 11:17:28 PM »

I applaud the initiative as well, but I don't understand why it should be all Dutch. Nothing against the Netherlands - I have the greatest respect for their work - but it's not my kind of football and especially not my kind of idea going forward for us a club. Italy has a great tradition of football education, Italy has a great tradition of coaches, Italy has a great tradition of producing players. Italy is one of the leading football nations in the world. Why look elsewhere?

Secret_Samadhi

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2014, 12:41:30 AM »

To be honest, I don't care if it is a Indian or Guatemala academy, as long they give results and talents to the club. Italy is no longer one of the leading nations in football, it goes down every year, one step back, the coficient downfall is one example of it. Many italian talents goes to the continent, great Italian coaches are now in Russia, Spain, Turkey, England.

Toni Laziale

• Aquilotto
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2014, 12:56:30 AM »

This academy is good thing for our Lazio and generaly for Italian football. Italian clubs should look up on German Bundesliga to resolve financial crissis. German clubs have good Academys and B teams. Sadly only thing we wont see is full stadiums like in Germany. There is always some excuse for not being on stadium with our favorite club. I know is financial crises, and some boycot because of president but Lazio should not suffer because of current administration. Im always for full stadium but if there is need they can take that transparents with oppinion always. Lotito made mistakes with transfers this season (or he was not doing anything because we had no real reinforcement), and he was no angel because he throw away lots of our kids of Lazio Primavera but never than less we should take advantage of his open approach to fans for this time. He actually said that he is sorry for making wrong moves with fans. I dont defend president but simply trying to see things from another angle.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 09:30:54 AM by Toni Laziale »

Weninho

• LF Legend
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2014, 02:52:01 AM »

Many italian talents goes to the continent, great Italian coaches are now in Russia, Spain, Turkey, England.

And that's because Italy is one of the leading fotball nations in the world  :smile:

Caput Mundi

• LF Legend
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2014, 03:49:49 AM »

I applaud the initiative as well, but I don't understand why it should be all Dutch. Nothing against the Netherlands - I have the greatest respect for their work - but it's not my kind of football and especially not my kind of idea going forward for us a club. Italy has a great tradition of football education, Italy has a great tradition of coaches, Italy has a great tradition of producing players. Italy is one of the leading football nations in the world. Why look elsewhere?

I don't think it's been set up with the view that Lazio teams play a Dutch style of football. From what I get, the guy has been picked just because of his experience in other clubs with better academies. How many Italian clubs are known for their world class academy? Not many, and it's not like we could poach someone to run ours from Juve.

The Dutch are better than the Italians (and most others) at running youth academies because they've needed to be. Their clubs would have gone bust or become completely uncompetitive in Europe if they didn't. I think we've done well here.
La Lazio la nostra. Guai a chi la tocca.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5