Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: l'Academy Bob Lovati  (Read 3311 times)

Evesto

• LF Legend
Re: l'Academy Bob Lovati
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2015, 12:14:57 PM »

Not a question.
Lensen stated that out youth academy will be builth and run in the image of the Ajax academy.
The 433 will be the standard starting formation and players will be attracted who can fith that model.

I removed your post so that the Q&A is separate to discussions on the academy and I've merged your post to the original topic we set up for the announcement of the Academy.

Just to add to your post above, Lensen also said in the past that our style of play is focused on recovering the ball as quickly as possible.

Pioli gets the credit for everything Lazio achieved last season, but our tactics and philosophy is as much down to Tare and Lensen as it is to Pioli.

Oké thanks, you were correct to do so.

I like that philosophy, to take whatever the opponent's strenght is away from them.  Quickly recovering, keeping the ball and a speedy attack and counter.

And to add with this, this also shows why the focus was on a player like Milinkovic.  Hard working physical CM's with some creativity are very usefull with this kind of tactic.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2016, 08:33:53 AM »

LLSN claim to have contacted Stefano De Martino on April 27 to ask why there has been no movement on the academy. They say Stefano De Martino was the designated contact for queries relating to the academy. On 29 May - 32 days later - they received a reply saying that only President Lotito is capable of giving answers on the matter, and that he's not available for interviews at this time. Furthermore, we've had Joop Lensen employed for almost 18 months as Director of an academy which doesn't exist, and shows no signs of existing any time in the foreseeable future.

It always puzzles me that when the are very obvious examples of communication and planning failures like the above, no one really seems to care, but if the player we bought for 5 million in the most recent transfer window doesn't perform like a 50 million euro player, our management is cursed out of it.

This is the stuff that disappoints me.

ArmLaziale

• LF Legend
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2016, 08:47:27 AM »

I am really tempted to say, this is your typical Italian way of doing stuff, I hope I am not too offensive, but I am following closely the world of cars and this is how things were done/are being done in the last decade and + years in Fiat. Words, promises without anything to back it up. Big mouth, huge pride and nothing behind it. With this kind of management, no serious things can be expected from this team. I was really against anything with a foreign takeover of the club, but it appears that's the only way of seeing Lazio being something more than a top 8 club.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2017, 07:04:37 PM »

Lazio held an event today - 'goalkeeper day' - where the goalkeepers of our youth team got to train with our professional coaching staff and get some words of wisdom.

Anyway, Joop Lensen gave an interview and said that the first two years of our youth project has largely been about getting things together, but next season will bring a 'big surprise'.

Since this academy was announced three years ago and there's no signs of it, I guess any movement on that would qualify as a 'big surprise'. But let's see.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]