Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: l'Academy Bob Lovati  (Read 3701 times)

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
Re: l'Academy Bob Lovati
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2014, 08:07:11 PM »

If luck goes our way, we will already see benefits next season with Minala, Keita, Tounkara etc....

My only concern..or this isn't so much a concern..but more a big WTF...is why on earth we have Reja working as our coach. Where the god damn logic in investing huge money in a youth academy and promoting 5-6 youngsters..and then having a manager of the first team who is totally against using youngsters...Reja would prefer using players like Paolo Cannavaro or Quag over a youngster...

We're shooting ourselves in the foot by having Reja as a coach, when having invested so much money in the youth sector...

I cannot understand it..what am I missing?
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2014, 08:22:18 PM »

A youth project and Reja indeed do not really fit in thesame sentence, that's true.
As i said many times before, Reja is like a crisis-manager (and a good one i might add).  A coach to quickly salvage a team, not a man for building and ambition. 
Luckely we have Bollini & Inzaghi walking around.

valdanito

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2014, 09:51:25 PM »

Here we go again with the whole Reja not trusting/using the youth.
FORZA LAZIO!

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2014, 10:29:58 AM »

Let's get on-topic because some of you seem to be missing the point entirely. This is an incredibly exciting project, the first of its kind in Italy and the details I provided on the previous page came from Ermetico, who was present at the event.

I remember about 5 years ago, I used to have arguments with members about how I believed that developing talents was an expensive undertaking that was not working for us at that time (one De Silvestri every 10 years is not worthwhile) and that Lotito's decision to cut costs by cutting back on youth investments was smart, as there is no point investing in youth unless you do it properly. Well, this is what I was waiting to see; developing youth properly. It amazes me that people haven't come onto this thread, held their hands up and admitted this is exciting and a giant leap in the right direction.

It appears we have appointed Joop Lensen as head of the Acadmey (this explains our sudden interest in Dutch talent). If people want to ignore this and talk about which players are never going to transfer to Lazio, fine. This surely merits more attention and discussion.

martinese

• LF Legend
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2014, 10:40:46 AM »

The Dutch know how to work with youngsters and make them show all the best they can and even more so I'm quite excited about this new guy.

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2014, 10:50:32 AM »

I personally, i'm very excited about that. If not,...we would have not tried to work that out like a live thread!

The academy is the right direction! This is what i always wanted to see at Lazio. But the club should not stop there. It is important that the guys who grow up in the academy needs to get the best chances to step up!

Cnon

• LF Legend
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2014, 10:52:42 AM »

This is definitely what I want from Lazio! Going to next level in training and developing young players. I'm not expert how things are done elsewhere but I've seen some documents and news how some teams train youth. I know that the Netherlands were ahead of other countries, they used some sort of smaller playgrounds with some kind of walls so that the teams were smaller (something like 5 on 5 perhaps) and the ball is in the play a lot more. This way you don't need that much organization to get good games and player skills is what defines outcome more than team play and tactics. I heard that Spain copied this and you can see the results in how both nations have developed young talents. If Lazio can get advantage from this and adding good scouting in youth players, we certainly can have great future in 4-6 years before others can catch up.
It might not be perfect but I can stretch to maybe 75% close to perfect. That's all you get Cathal, 25%  :fingerup:

Caput Mundi

• LF Legend
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2014, 01:10:38 PM »

I'm excited about the potential to train our own local talent and in turn regain some popuarlity within our own city.

I hope we don't become a club that imports talent from elsewhere willy-nilly though at the expense of our own.

The name of the academy is a real step in the right direction. Accademia Roberto Lovati. Fantastic.
La Lazio la nostra. Guai a chi la tocca.

ArmLaziale

• LF Legend
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2014, 01:12:46 PM »

This is the right direction, what's more promising is that more kids from Italy/Rome will choose to develope their talent at Lazio. Kids have been choosing roma over us in the past years but now, with this project ongoing, we look more attractive.

Broenco

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2014, 06:23:57 PM »

I love the inisiative to go to this direction!
Non Mollare Mai!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5