Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 146

Author Topic: Stefano Pioli  (Read 70898 times)

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
Re: Stefano Pioli
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2014, 10:17:03 AM »

Reja most likely left because of the protests (for a second time). Who is to say nobody other than Pioli would take on this club and its fanbase.

People were saying Libera La Lazio wad working. I'm afraid this is the reality.

Skenderbeu

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2014, 10:24:17 AM »

Benvenuto mister Pioli.

No coach has faced the scrutiny and doubts as you are now and you will in the coming months.

However, you have an entire summer to work with the players at your disposal and do proper analysis of the team.

So true, and I hope that Mr Pioli don't read about  himself in this forum when nearly all opinions about him is about how bad he is. He has only one picture whit Lotito, wait before you judge. Welcome Pioli and good luck!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 10:26:12 AM by Skenderbeu »

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2014, 10:26:04 AM »

I dont think so, cathal. The news is that Lotito was not willing to spend more than 500k per seaon for a coach - what he paid to Reja. For that money, you cannot get better than Pioli.

Plus all others mentioned (Allergri, Donadoni) asked for team quality guarantees...rumor is that Allegri asked at least for Astori and Parolo, Donadoni for Parolo and Palletta. I suspect that we simply cannot make those transfers without selling massively and Lotito knows it. We all got excited when those names were rumored and linked to us, when we spent 15 mil on Candreva and Basta. Truth is that we cannot affor them unless we have some deals in the bag. I assume Marchetti, Lulic and Candreva at least. Maybe even Radu. And if you see that our selling prices when down and you see that Marchetti's value is around 6-7 mil, Lulic 8 and Candreva max 18...you see that our situation is not good. We simply cannot buy good players without getting rid of good or even better ones.

So I think that the dissapointing fact is that this is what we are at the moment. I was saying this for some time: our value constantly dropped for 3-4 years when we started replacing good players with poor/average and cheap ones. We see now the results. We dont have much to sell, we cant get much money and we cannot afford to buy good players. Or to bring a good coach.

Amir

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2014, 10:36:26 AM »

I dont think so, cathal. The news is that Lotito was not willing to spend more than 500k per seaon for a coach - what he paid to Reja. For that money, you cannot get better than Pioli.

Plus all others mentioned (Allergri, Donadoni) asked for team quality guarantees...rumor is that Allegri asked at least for Astori and Parolo, Donadoni for Parolo and Palletta. I suspect that we simply cannot make those transfers without selling massively and Lotito knows it. We all got excited when those names were rumored and linked to us, when we spent 15 mil on Candreva and Basta. Truth is that we cannot affor them unless we have some deals in the bag. I assume Marchetti, Lulic and Candreva at least. Maybe even Radu. And if you see that our selling prices when down and you see that Marchetti's value is around 6-7 mil, Lulic 8 and Candreva max 18...you see that our situation is not good. We simply cannot buy good players without getting rid of good or even better ones.

So I think that the dissapointing fact is that this is what we are at the moment. I was saying this for some time: our value constantly dropped for 3-4 years when we started replacing good players with poor/average and cheap ones. We see now the results. We dont have much to sell, we cant get much money and we cannot afford to buy good players. Or to bring a good coach.

Razvan - yesterday, Reja said something which was completely overlooked and ignored. One of the most important sentences I have heard in the long time:

"If you don`t coach in Rome, you are hardly a coach"

This shows the amount of stress and heat you get from the fans. Reja did not leave because of our management or lack of player guarantees. He said it himself that as soon as the season finished Lotito and Tare met him and renewed their trust in him. What on earth more you you want?
Why should a man close to 70 years of age take over such a task?

Rumors of Lotito not wanting to spend more then 500k per a coach is silly and you probably read it on a Facebook group managed by those Anti-Lotito men.

Allegri did not come for money man - he is a coward and I don`t like him as a person. He wants a complete project, he thinks that he belongs into an elite coaches club like Ancelotti, Mourinho et al. Well he is far from achieving that and hence the lack of suitors for him, otherwise if he was that good, Man Utd, Spurs, Monaco et al would have knocked on his door.
About Donadoni, I don`t know what happened and I would be glad to know what happened.
AVE LAZIO - Popolus tuus te acclamat

martinese

• LF Legend
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2014, 10:41:05 AM »

He has only one picture whit Lotito, wait before you judge. Welcome Pioli and good luck!

Are you serious mate? Wait for what? What has Pioli done in his whole career? I'd say 'wait before you judge' if someone young like Inzaghi was appointed not someone who has been in the business for so long and still hasn't done anything worth mentioning. From what I know he is not a magician and he can't change his mediocre career with a magic wand. A club with CL ambitions will never EVER sign a coach who just recently lost his place in Serie A with his ex-club. It's just idiotic... Pioli was signed for one obvious reason - his salary. He is ok with earning 600k, he is ok with mediocre players and won't complain about not having class players in his team and that is perfect for Lotito - a new puppet.
I tried to be optimistic for so long but this is just too much for me...

Weninho

• LF Legend
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2014, 11:05:18 AM »

Reja most likely left because of the protests (for a second time).

Reja didn't have a contract here and probably got a better option elsewhere. The protest might have affected his decision but I really don't think it's the main reason.

H A S

• Aquilotto
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2014, 11:05:27 AM »

Reja also said that the team and the fans need to be enthused. And a new vioce would probably be good for the team. I belive that it depends who the new name is. Will Pioli enthusiasm the team and the fans? Well, by the reactions here everybody understands that Pioli will not enthusiasm.

The other aspect is that in one year time we have had 3 coaches, 3 new staff, 3 new directions, tactical displays and so on. This will simply add to the confusion that surrounds our team. And probably more player that will inquire sale/or somehow leave the squad.

If Lotare wan't to enthusiasm the team and the fans and still want a cheap solution. Why not just let Bollini and Inzaghi do the job? They know the players well (both the young and the more experienced), we could keep the staff who has worked with the team and there will be some continuity.

I simply can not understand how this management thinks.

Jofo

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2014, 11:13:02 AM »

What did the pig say at the opening of the academy, please forgive me, we will show our ambition bla bla bla...

The protest now will only increase and get more support. We got the worst available coach there is. Incredible. Just when you think Lotito can't sunk this club lower he somehow manages to do just that.

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2014, 11:13:53 AM »

Razvan - yesterday, Reja said something which was completely overlooked and ignored. One of the most important sentences I have heard in the long time:

"If you don`t coach in Rome, you are hardly a coach"

This shows the amount of stress and heat you get from the fans. Reja did not leave because of our management or lack of player guarantees. He said it himself that as soon as the season finished Lotito and Tare met him and renewed their trust in him. What on earth more you you want?
Why should a man close to 70 years of age take over such a task?

Rumors of Lotito not wanting to spend more then 500k per a coach is silly and you probably read it on a Facebook group managed by those Anti-Lotito men.

Allegri did not come for money man - he is a coward and I don`t like him as a person. He wants a complete project, he thinks that he belongs into an elite coaches club like Ancelotti, Mourinho et al. Well he is far from achieving that and hence the lack of suitors for him, otherwise if he was that good, Man Utd, Spurs, Monaco et al would have knocked on his door.
About Donadoni, I don`t know what happened and I would be glad to know what happened.

Wait wait, I did not say anything about Reja. He left because it was a stressful job and because he is old. I cant say that I am not happy about it. He was an average coach who never achieved much and it would be too late to start now. Thats all.

Problem is that the current Lazio would be a step BACK for any good coach. I mean Allegri, Mancini - coming to Lazio now would be a step back in their career. I understand that. This is why they asked players. Even for Donadoni - lets face it. We are not better than Parma at the moment, so why would he come if we dont promise that we want to improve?

So I do understand that no good coach would come, but then why not give the job to somebody young willing to prove himself like Inzaghi for example instead of choosing Mr. Mediocrity who relegated Bologna?

Weninho

• LF Legend
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2014, 12:00:11 PM »

So I do understand that no good coach would come, but then why not give the job to somebody young willing to prove himself like Inzaghi for example instead of choosing Mr. Mediocrity who relegated Bologna?

Because every young manager is automatically good or what?

Pioli is also unproven on this level. He didn't "relegate" Bologna. They had financial problems and sold Diamanti in the winter, no manager would have done so much better. Pioli did good with Chievo and his first season with Bologna.

I'm not saying it's a good choice, because it's obviously a sign that we lack ambition, but it would be even more mediocre to throw in Inzaghi as a head coach. That would be the same kind of gamble like we did with Mimmo Caso (even if Inzaghi probably is a better manager) and I certainly hope the club doesn't do that again.

Inzaghi needs Serie A experience, he's got none.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 146