Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 146

Author Topic: Stefano Pioli  (Read 70885 times)

Lazio_ade

• Aquila Imperiale
Re: Stefano Pioli
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2014, 12:06:29 PM »

Pioli? Oh for f***s sake...
When in Rome, do as the Laziali do.

Bobbi

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2014, 12:20:00 PM »

With all due respect to Pioli, this is pretty painful to see. I was not expecting Lotito to hire Allegri but I was really hoping for Donadoni. This is a clear sign of a lack of ambition and no project. Another Lotito puppet.

It really is a shame that Reja left as realistically he was our best option.

Regardless, I wish all the best to Mr Pioli and I sincerely hope he proves me and so many of us wrong. All the best, give it 100% !

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2014, 12:25:27 PM »

So I do understand that no good coach would come, but then why not give the job to somebody young willing to prove himself like Inzaghi for example instead of choosing Mr. Mediocrity who relegated Bologna?

Because every young manager is automatically good or what?

Pioli is also unproven on this level. He didn't "relegate" Bologna. They had financial problems and sold Diamanti in the winter, no manager would have done so much better. Pioli did good with Chievo and his first season with Bologna.

I'm not saying it's a good choice, because it's obviously a sign that we lack ambition, but it would be even more mediocre to throw in Inzaghi as a head coach. That would be the same kind of gamble like we did with Mimmo Caso (even if Inzaghi probably is a better manager) and I certainly hope the club doesn't do that again.

Inzaghi needs Serie A experience, he's got none.

No, I did not say that Inzaghi would do good. Not every young coach will do good. But he wont do worse than Pioli and in that case there will be hope. Is like the difference between buying De Vrij or keeping Ciani. De Vrij is no guarantee, but there is hope that he can improve and become good. Ciani will never improve. For me that is the difference between a young coach (like Inzaghi, but not only - Yakin, Kovac, whatever) and Pioli or Reja. We cannot afford to sign Thiago Silva, we dont afford to sign even Palleta. But we do afford to bring somebody young not some crappy mediocre defender. Same thing with the coach: if we cant afford Allergri or Mancini, just put somebody young ffs! dont bring Pioli.

and you are wrong about Bologna - when he started the season they were pretty ok - they had Diamanti, they loaned few players. And still they were playing crap. He was sucked on 7 January 2014. Diamanti was sold on Feb 7, 2014. He had 1 win in first 9 games with players like Diamanti, Bianchi, Kone, Khrin, Laxalt, Diego Perez etc around.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 12:28:19 PM by drazvan »

Roman_Eagle

• LF Legend
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2014, 12:37:52 PM »

welcome to our next ex-coach. with his cv i give him no more than 5 rounds

you simply don't put a relegation coach in charge at Lazio!

Lotito has done it again

Weninho

• LF Legend
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2014, 12:54:05 PM »

One year contract for Pioli. Second year only if he reaches certain results. "I've not come here to write the contract of my life but I've come here to work".

Interesting.

LofL

• LF Legend
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2014, 12:57:48 PM »

lotito IS A F*CKING JOKE!

Hadi Van Der Vaart

• LF Legend
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2014, 01:05:17 PM »

Everything has changed with this appointment. I think this is the first time I have no expectation for the club even when the new season hasnt begun yet! But this is better than having high expectations like few seasons before n they let me down when the season is over.

At least I wont be too disappointed if we finish in a terrible position, on the other hand I will be really shock if we finish better than my current expectation. The club will surely moving on mercato, I dont know they will sign another mediocre or decent players, but I really cant wait to see the mercato closing where I can really put my expectation for the team.

Welcome to pioli anyway!
Players come and go, but my Lazio is still eternal.
A ROMA LA LAZIO C'E SOLO LA LAZIO!!! FORZA LAZIO!!!

Weninho

• LF Legend
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2014, 01:28:42 PM »

and you are wrong about Bologna - when he started the season they were pretty ok - they had Diamanti, they loaned few players. And still they were playing crap. He was sucked on 7 January 2014. Diamanti was sold on Feb 7, 2014. He had 1 win in first 9 games with players like Diamanti, Bianchi, Kone, Khrin, Laxalt, Diego Perez etc around.

Yeah, fantastic players. I'm aware of the sacking but my point would be that Bologna was always going to be relegated with the structural situation they were in and all the worries surrounding the club. Pioli's successor didn't saved them either and if you think Inzaghi would have done it, be my guest.

Pioli is 49 years. Is that "old"? Inzaghi would not have gotten a ten year contract, he would have got one year, two at max. We're not a club where a manager should gain his experience, we're a club that should have an experienced manager who can handle the pressure.

Will Pioli? No idea, but looking at the price range, this is an obvious choice for our mediocrity.

Jofo

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2014, 01:39:49 PM »

ok now that he is our coach, what formation does he prefer and what is his record when facing le merde.

Giolazio

• LF Legend
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2014, 01:57:35 PM »

No, I did not say that Inzaghi would do good. Not every young coach will do good. But he wont do worse than Pioli and in that case there will be hope.

Can I get a loan of your crystal ball please? I want to play the lottery this weekend.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 146