Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 439

Author Topic: Transfers and Rumors 2014 - part II  (Read 269784 times)

Amir

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
Transfers and Rumors 2014 - part II
« on: July 01, 2014, 11:24:56 AM »

1 July is here and the time for the second part of the Transfer and Rumors thread!

We start with Marco Parolo - benvenutto

:bravo:
AVE LAZIO - Popolus tuus te acclamat

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
Re: Transfers and Rumors 2014 - part II
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 11:32:15 AM »

Irony is, we probably need another midfielder now Onazi will miss most of the season. Taider does strike me as an obvious option, given his situation.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 11:35:51 AM by Caxi »

martinese

• LF Legend
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 11:36:10 AM »

Onazi is out for a long time but Parolo, Ledesma, Biglia, Gonzalez are all there. Why buy a new player when this could be Cataldi's chance?

Amir

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 11:37:22 AM »

Well I would not mind Taider one bit, but I think if Candreva and Lulic stay we are more then covered in the middle, given the fact that Minala and Cataldi will permanently move to the Senior team (or at least I think that).

So, Ledesma, Biglia, Parolo, Candreva, Lulic, Gonzalez, Mauri, Felipe Anderson, Ederson,  Minala, Cataldi make for a sufficient roster.

Further to that, Onazi will not miss the entire next season but maximum 2+2 (the entire summer recuperating and 2 months of getting into action form)!
AVE LAZIO - Popolus tuus te acclamat

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 11:44:38 AM »

No expert, but I reckon it will end up being a lot longer than 4 months.

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 11:48:28 AM »

In the moment, we are covered well. But Candreva and Lulic are still here. If both stay, we don't need a new midfield player. The only question is ... who will leave?
And if Tata leave, i would go with Minala or Cataldi if they don't get loaned out to another Serie A team.

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 11:59:07 AM »

What happened to the news about marcos rojo? did they die out?
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2014, 12:22:42 PM »

What happened to the news about marcos rojo? did they die out?

Oh, did not read about that one.
Just personnal opinion, but i tought he was the worst Argentinian on the field in this WC.  He played LB, maybe he's a bit better as CB, i don't know.  Afwul passing and positionplay, must be related to Sabella somehow in order to have reached the NT.  The only LB i was charmed by so far and who might be affordable for Lazio is the Greek Holebas.  He just did not get tired, good crossing, good positioning.  I would be looking at him instead of Manolas.  I still have a preference of Radu in the centre and a new good LB who really goes up end down that flank for 90min.  The Swiss Rodriguez is a worldclass LB, but totally out of our pricerange (25mill).

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2014, 12:47:14 PM »

To Ilsempre,

Interesting news, it would seem Lotito has inquired about Toloi who is on his way back to Sao Paulo but eagerly wants a new destination.  And since he is familiar with Rome already, who knows ???

Things will have to go quickly now for the defence, 10 days before leaving towards summertraining and Pioli really wants the new starting players it seems.  So Toloi, Britos, Astori, Mendes all in the running ...
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 12:49:56 PM by Laziale for Life »

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2014, 12:53:30 PM »

Toloi was given a few opportunities with 1927 and they chose not to exercise their buyout clause. I'd look elsewhere, as if he's already played in the Roman environment and is deemed not good enough to merit a permanent transfer, then he's probably not good enough for Lazio. Despite what people in here think, they are not so far ahead of us that they can aim for top-notch centre-backs.

My worry is that we've reportedly spent 20 million (the Hernanes money is definitely gone now if not before) and our starting eleven is not any better - which is the same mistake we made last season. Is Basta better than Konko? No. Is Parolo better than Gonzalez? No. Perhaps not even better than Onazi. And Candreva was already here.

I was all for signing Parolo if we invested smartly and perhaps conceded it would be too difficult to bring in 2-3 excellent centre-backs in one window. Now I feel like we have plenty of depth, but way too much depth and still not enough quality. And we need to sell.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 439