Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 439

Author Topic: Transfers and Rumors 2014 - part II  (Read 265312 times)

martinese

• LF Legend
Re: Transfers and Rumors 2014 - part II
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2014, 12:54:49 PM »

Yep, looks like Toloi could be a main target because the deal can be sealed quicker than that with Astori. Lotito wants to loan the player which will cost him 1 mln euro + an option to buy him for 4 mln.

Amir

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2014, 01:00:34 PM »

As far left backs are concerned, I was positively surprised with Mexico`s Miguel Layśn.

A very agile, quick and tactically good player. I really like him and been following him since I spotted him.
AVE LAZIO - Popolus tuus te acclamat

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2014, 01:06:33 PM »

Yep, looks like Toloi could be a main target because the deal can be sealed quicker than that with Astori. Lotito wants to loan the player which will cost him 1 mln euro + an option to buy him for 4 mln.

Ah, thanks for the correct translation of that sentence i saw.  So he was on loan at Merda and was not immediatly better then Benatia & Castan, seems logical?  He's still a very talented young CB and would need to grow into the Serie A.  After 1 season we could have a worldclass CB.  For what i have seen from him, he's smart, good positioning, technicly skilled and quick.  And 23y is a good age to come here, getting mature enough and still lot's of growing potential.

Maybe it would be possible to loan him before buying and then get another new CB to pair with him.  That could make this mercato?  Imagine still getting Astori or Paletta to pair with Toloi, who would not be fine with that?

Emko

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2014, 01:08:05 PM »

After Parolo i think that we will buy only one CB and Lotito will close the mercato. And we would never buy Astori and De Vrij, it was Astori OR De Vrij. So far - Djordjevic, Basta, Parolo and Candreva - that's four players. We will get only one more CB. 

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2014, 01:09:20 PM »

As far left backs are concerned, I was positively surprised with Mexico`s Miguel Layśn.

A very agile, quick and tactically good player. I really like him and been following him since I spotted him.

Well, I remember his move to Atalanta and the fact he was the first Mexican in the league and I was looking forward to seeing how that panned out and it wasn't long until I had my answer. Would certainly be a gamble.

Thing I find funny is that Novaretti was regarded as one of the best defenders in Mexico and yet a bunch of players who he was consider on par or superior to were more than capable of holding off some of the world's best football players. Really think you cannot draw conclusions based on a World Cup.

ArmLaziale

• LF Legend
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2014, 01:50:27 PM »

World cup means nothing, a real test is a season long performance, Fabio Grosso had a good world cup, but he never turned to be a great defender.

Amir

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2014, 01:53:47 PM »

Well, I remember his move to Atalanta and the fact he was the first Mexican in the league and I was looking forward to seeing how that panned out and it wasn't long until I had my answer. Would certainly be a gamble.

Thing I find funny is that Novaretti was regarded as one of the best defenders in Mexico and yet a bunch of players who he was consider on par or superior to were more than capable of holding off some of the world's best football players. Really think you cannot draw conclusions based on a World Cup.

I know and I was not suggesting that we should go after him, but in this very case some players blossom at a later stages of their career and he seems to be that sort of a guy.
AVE LAZIO - Popolus tuus te acclamat

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2014, 02:06:05 PM »

Do you have a source for this?

Just for my own peace of mind...

If Lotito signs Toloi I won't complain about Lotito for an entire year, I swear it.
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2014, 02:40:33 PM »

I think it should be worrying that we try to sign a player that was considered not 4 mil euro worth by merda...you should not think that he got too lttle opportunities. He trained with the team and was daily under Garcia's eyes. If Garcia did not find him worth 4 mil, it is a bit like Roma signing Kakuta, no? I know that Toloi was a favorite target for us, that he did good in Brazil and I was one of his fans but on this one I am with Cathal.

Just to add on that: it is even more worrying since Benatia now leaves to City that Garcia does not want to keep Toloi...
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 02:52:38 PM by drazvan »

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2014, 02:56:47 PM »

I agree with you, guys. We need at least one CB, who is the boss in the defense. Toloi would not be the right choice.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 439