Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 439

Author Topic: Transfers and Rumors 2014 - part II  (Read 263069 times)

Weninho

• LF Legend
Re: Transfers and Rumors 2014 - part II
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2014, 03:19:51 PM »

I was wrong about Parolo, thumbs up for the management on that. But I'm still skeptical as I don't think we need him unless we sell Gonzalez. That money should have been invested in defenders. If we fail to sell Candreva, Gonzalez/Onazi or Lulic or another top player - which surely is planned for - we will have no room to make improvements there, and another season with Cana-Ciani isn't exactly what I want to think about enjoying my vacation...

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2014, 04:17:08 PM »

I think we need Parolo even without selling Tata. He simply gives us more options in the midfield. But indeed, it will make more sense if one of Tata, Lulic or Onazi will leave for some cash. With Onazi injured and Lulic not getting right offers, probably Tata will be sacrificed. 7 mil + Tata for Paletta seems excesive though...I think that if Parolo was valued at 5.5, Paletta should not cost more...Still surprised that nobody thought of Spolli from Catania...very good and cheap solution in my opinion.

Evesto

• LF Legend
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2014, 04:47:28 PM »

I think it should be worrying that we try to sign a player that was considered not 4 mil euro worth by merda...you should not think that he got too lttle opportunities. He trained with the team and was daily under Garcia's eyes. If Garcia did not find him worth 4 mil, it is a bit like Roma signing Kakuta, no? I know that Toloi was a favorite target for us, that he did good in Brazil and I was one of his fans but on this one I am with Cathal.

Just to add on that: it is even more worrying since Benatia now leaves to City that Garcia does not want to keep Toloi...

I'm not a 100% certain, but concerning his Merda loanspell i read several times that his buyout-clause was 7mill.  That's probably the reason they did not buy him out.  But i still think his worth it if given the canche to adjust.  He never played 2 games in a row or more then 2 full games at Merda, no way you can judge a player on that, especially a defender who never played Serie A before.

Benatia to City a done deal? - Then they will go for Astori ...

Evesto

• LF Legend
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2014, 04:50:30 PM »

I agree with you, guys. We need at least one CB, who is the boss in the defense. Toloi would not be the right choice.

Very correct that he can't be the leader right away.  That's why i do think it's still financialy possible for Lazio to get Toloi on loan + buy another defender out of the Serie A.
And if it's tight, then sell Cavanda & Ciani already, apparently they have suitors?

And yes it's true, why the hell doesn't Lotito look in to Spolli!

Morts

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2014, 05:09:12 PM »

Apparently Sunderland is looking to offload Diakite again :-)  :whistle:

Sure Lotito would like to send a clear signal to all the supporters

Morts
Laziale for more than 25 years with equal parts of passion, dedication and madness! Not always active in the forum as I travel much, but always active in my Lazio Heart! NON MOLLARE MAI  *Sydney - London - Denmark*

Nando87

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2014, 05:23:20 PM »

Toloi was given a few opportunities with 1927 and they chose not to exercise their buyout clause. I'd look elsewhere, as if he's already played in the Roman environment and is deemed not good enough to merit a permanent transfer, then he's probably not good enough for Lazio. Despite what people in here think, they are not so far ahead of us that they can aim for top-notch centre-backs.

My worry is that we've reportedly spent 20 million (the Hernanes money is definitely gone now if not before) and our starting eleven is not any better - which is the same mistake we made last season. Is Basta better than Konko? No. Is Parolo better than Gonzalez? No. Perhaps not even better than Onazi. And Candreva was already here.

I was all for signing Parolo if we invested smartly and perhaps conceded it would be too difficult to bring in 2-3 excellent centre-backs in one window. Now I feel like we have plenty of depth, but way too much depth and still not enough quality. And we need to sell.

Sorry Cathal , Parolo is better than both Gonzalez and Onzai, without question. No crazy stuff.
SPQR

martinese

• LF Legend
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2014, 05:38:06 PM »

Do you have a source for this?

Just for my own peace of mind...

I read it in LLSN

ilsemprelaziale

• LF Legend
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2014, 05:54:46 PM »

Apparently Sunderland is looking to offload Diakite again :-)  :whistle:

Sure Lotito would like to send a clear signal to all the supporters

Morts

The sad thing is that Diakite isn't worse than Novaretti or Ciani...lol  :supsmile:
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

Eka_Baron

• LF Legend
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2014, 11:24:37 PM »

Di Marzio says that Astori have the chance to Joining Inter  :vcool:

Amir

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2014, 09:14:40 AM »

Di Marzio says that Astori have the chance to Joining Inter  :vcool:

It appears Cagliari want to start a bidding war for Astori between us and Inter and possible other teams.

They know what Lotito has offered and now they want to test waters to see what other teams can offer.

Like I said, Inter won`t be signing new central defenders before they are officially out from the deal with Porto concerning Rolando, whom Mazzari wants to have.
AVE LAZIO - Popolus tuus te acclamat
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 439