Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: 2014/15 UEFA Europa League  (Read 7252 times)

martinese

• LF Legend
Re: 2014/15 UEFA Europa League
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2014, 01:19:29 PM »

Maybe those who were playing to get a place in the EL group stage didn't want to play there and that is why they lost from some strange/weaker teams.

Juzko

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2014, 06:24:29 PM »

HJK the first team in Finland to make the Europa League group stage! I'm not a fan but very happy to see finnish team there. Good chance to see some proper football as HJK has best team in ages, they have many senior NT players.

Group C with Copenhagen, Brugge and Torino!

:sciarpa05:

The Undertaker

• LF Legend
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2014, 06:33:09 PM »

Fiorentina drew with PAOK Thessaloniki... Interesting to see Viola in Greece and where I'm living...

martinese

• LF Legend
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2014, 07:40:51 PM »

Hmm, I can't imagine what the Tottenham fans in Bulgaria feel after the EL draw... they will play against a Turkish, Greek and Serbian club :razz:

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2014, 08:33:08 PM »

Went to watch Brugge-Torino, since the game was here in my hometown.  Brugge played with 4-5 new players who were on the pitch together for the very first time and didn't find eachother.  Never the less Brugge should have certainly won 1-0.  A 0-0 was a gift to Torino. 

Torino however was very weak, i really expected more.  Their 3-man backline was awfull and insecure, especially that Gaston Silva who almost was signed here with us.  I'm glad that did not happened.  Unbelievable Brugge did not score against that horrible defence.  If we face that same backline in the Serie A using Candreva face to face with that Gaston Silva, that kid will be destroyed.

Quagliarella & Amauri were invisible.  The only player who made his mark was Gazzi, the man in front of the defence.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2014, 10:30:01 AM »

Young Boys - Napoli 2-0
Really weak, and with a lot of A-team players, we really should get loose of them this season on the table.  Also lots and lots of talks that Higuain would be leaving towards the PL this season.

Torino win 2-0 but against an extremely weak Helsinki, really not spectacular at all.  Viola with a simple 0-1 take their points and Inter 0-0 at home against St-Etienne, a  very decent team, but still .....

Emko

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2014, 04:17:18 PM »

I am SO HAPPY that we are not playing in Europa League. I know many of you won't agree with me mostly because of the uefa coef. but EL is a useless tournament for teams like us. See now how Inter, Napoli and Torino is struggling to cope both with EL and Seria A. Just like us last year. Honestly i prefer CL or nothing. In EL you just get tired for nothing. Now Pioli has whole week to prepare the team. And i think that was the main reason Petkovic didn't succeed with us - he just couldn't cope with two games a week.

martinese

• LF Legend
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2014, 04:27:35 PM »

EL will become a much attractive tournament if the money clubs can earn are risen. Winning 10 mln as a champion is pure stupidity while in CL you earn that kind of money only for joining the group stages.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2014, 04:35:38 PM »

Both the Champions League and Europa League are severely flawed.

The problem with the Champions League is that if it is a league for champions ie. teams that win trophies, then it is uncompetitive. Maribor are champions, but lose 6-0 to Chelsea.

The problem with Europa League is that the Champions League is more prestigious and therefore you prioritise qualification for that. So it becomes pointless.

The league is devalued as you could be the best team overall, but lose the league title because you are playing more competitions.

The problem with domestic cup competitions as that they become a nuisance in all of this.

UEFA need to work out a way to make everything relevant, but their priority is to make money, so nothing is going to change.

martinese

• LF Legend
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2014, 04:58:58 PM »

I see what you want to say Cathal but why doesn't that happen in basketball? You the Euroleague which is the CL of basketball and other leagues like the Eurocup and Adriatic cup which are also liked and teams don't take it in the way football clubs take EL, for example. I'm not a basketball fan but I have that impression when I read some articles and see some news on TV about those leagues.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11