• LF Legend
Re: F1
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2010, 09:47:29 PM »

Forza Ferrari a Monza!

Kris

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2010, 01:06:59 AM »

I'm so pissed off at Red Bull this weekend. How the **** could they use the better strategy on Vettel so he could gain points rather than look after their championship leader? Webber should not have signed on for another year, this Vettel favouritism is making me sick.
FORZA EL ZORRO! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCsTBabaoIw FORZA MVFC!

Amir

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2010, 05:22:58 PM »

I stopped watching the race after 30 seconds as soon as Hamilton crashed out!
AVE LAZIO - Popolus tuus te acclamat

Taib

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2010, 05:49:43 PM »

I'm so pissed off at Red Bull this weekend. How the have fun could they use the better strategy on Vettel so he could gain points rather than look after their championship leader? Webber should not have signed on for another year, this Vettel favouritism is making me sick.

How did Red Bull favour Vettel this race? Vettel's strategy was a gamble. It worked because the soft tyre lasted for the entire race and the fact Rosberg got held up by traffic and made a mistake. Kuubica was in front of Webber and made a pit stop. After the out lap Kubica went 8 tenths of second faster then his previous best, Red Bull had to pit Webber immediently otherwise Webber would have lost ground to Kubica. As it was Webber ended up behind Kubica in the pitstop but managed to overtake him when Hulkenberg made his stop. Then Hulkenberg holded Webber up aided by the fact he cut the chicane on three seperate occassions.

Taib

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2010, 05:51:06 PM »

One of the most defining moments of the race and one the championship needed. Hamilton still has a lot of maturing to do. 

Ramone

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2010, 06:35:36 PM »

Me stop watching 5 seconds after first chicane.

Kris

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2010, 03:39:39 AM »

I'm so pissed off at Red Bull this weekend. How the have fun could they use the better strategy on Vettel so he could gain points rather than look after their championship leader? Webber should not have signed on for another year, this Vettel favouritism is making me sick.

How did Red Bull favour Vettel this race? Vettel's strategy was a gamble. It worked because the soft tyre lasted for the entire race and the fact Rosberg got held up by traffic and made a mistake. Kuubica was in front of Webber and made a pit stop. After the out lap Kubica went 8 tenths of second faster then his previous best, Red Bull had to pit Webber immediently otherwise Webber would have lost ground to Kubica. As it was Webber ended up behind Kubica in the pitstop but managed to overtake him when Hulkenberg made his stop. Then Hulkenberg holded Webber up aided by the fact he cut the chicane on three seperate occassions.

If the soft tyre lasted that long for Vettel, im sure it couldve lasted for Webber too, who is capable of doing fast times whilst still looking after his tyres. Maybe because im Australian and biast i am knit picking at every thing that goes against Mark, however, if red bull wanted to, they couldve pitted Vettel at least 10-15 laps before the end instead of allowing him to continue streaking forward and amassing a time difference that he did. If Vettel had pitted sooner, it wouldve pushed Mark into 5th instead of 6th. With the championship so tight, small points like that could be the difference when the final chequered flag falls.
FORZA EL ZORRO! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCsTBabaoIw FORZA MVFC!

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2010, 10:58:19 AM »

I think it would be silly for Red Bull to compromise Vettel with 5 races left to go and less than a race win between Webber and Vettel. At the end of last season, it was Seba who made the charge in on Button, not Mark and nobody knows how Mark is going to handle the pressure of fighting to close a World Championship. Judging by his overreaction towards Hulkenburg (who should have been made to yield on the final chicane cut and not before in my opinion), I would be inclined to think he may crack.

Taib

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2010, 05:10:29 PM »

If the soft tyre lasted that long for Vettel, im sure it couldve lasted for Webber too, who is capable of doing fast times whilst still looking after his tyres. Maybe because im Australian and biast i am knit picking at every thing that goes against Mark, however, if red bull wanted to, they couldve pitted Vettel at least 10-15 laps before the end instead of allowing him to continue streaking forward and amassing a time difference that he did. If Vettel had pitted sooner, it wouldve pushed Mark into 5th instead of 6th. With the championship so tight, small points like that could be the difference when the final chequered flag falls.

I am sure that every driver could have made the soft tyre to last the race not just Webber. That point is mute. Red Bull are still giving equal priority to both drivers at the present time so Vettel's beating Webber is not something that should never have happenned. I have already explained the situation with regards to Webber in my previous post. With Vettel, Red Bull had to gamble. That gamble paid off. It is that simple. Red Bull, in fact every other team as well, never knew that the soft tyre would last as long as it did. In most races, the drivers usually pit a quarter of the race to the hard tyre not the entire races. Vettel's strategy was a gamble but then again he had nothing to lose since Vettel was far ahead of Schumacher and could not overtake the cars in front of him. The gamble paid off and he was able to pass four cars during the pit stop.

Taib

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2010, 05:17:01 PM »

I think it would be silly for Red Bull to compromise Vettel with 5 races left to go and less than a race win between Webber and Vettel. At the end of last season, it was Seba who made the charge in on Button, not Mark and nobody knows how Mark is going to handle the pressure of fighting to close a World Championship. Judging by his overreaction towards Hulkenburg (who should have been made to yield on the final chicane cut and not before in my opinion), I would be inclined to think he may crack.

Last season was last season. This season Webber has done a better job the Vettel. That is reflected in the standings. This season Vettel has made some massive errors including crashing into Webber in Turkey(my post you very kindly did not copy and paste from the old board to here) and crashing into Button when well placed for podium finishes. At some point they will have to start prioritising one driver for the championship. They could lose the championship if they do not.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 47