Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 194

Author Topic: Your Fantastico market  (Read 116013 times)

drazvan

• LF Legend
Re: Your Fantastico market
« Reply #1890 on: August 25, 2017, 09:44:43 AM »

God please no lazYounes...Ajax supporters would bring him by hand to us :)

Justin Kluivert is a great talent (speed, technique) but I dont think that he is for sale at the moment and it would be a big gamble for any club. He is not a mature player yet and probably needs another 2-3 years. Are we going to wait for him? If yes, let's go for him!

From Ajax, the only player that would challenge a starter position in Lazio is Ziyech. I really like his technique, game vision and work load. He is a hard working version of Keita. He can become easily frustrated - that's his weak point. But he would boost our attack - perfect replacement for Keita if you ask me.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #1891 on: August 27, 2017, 01:03:31 AM »

Given he's out of favour with a club we have a good relationship with, is the same age as Keita and would be a suitable replacement, and is just about within our budget both in terms of transfer fee and salary...

...is Divock Origi a possibility?

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #1892 on: August 27, 2017, 01:17:19 AM »

Given he's out of favour with a club we have a good relationship with, is the same age as Keita and would be a suitable replacement, and is just about within our budget both in terms of transfer fee and salary...

...is Divock Origi a possibility?

Keita would run to Liverpool to play the Champions League   :beer:

That was dramatic bro  :razz:

Cataldi4thewin

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #1893 on: October 27, 2017, 05:04:12 PM »

Imagine 100 from SMS (psg), 70 + player for Immobile (chelsea), 30 for Alberto(atletico), 25 for Devrij (juve)

*225.. Assume 200 after agent fees. Another 25 for Lotito's pocket... 175

If they had to be sold and had to be replaced...

From Chelsea pick up Christensen in the exchange to replace DeVrij.
I would also pick two of... Rugani Caldara Romagnoli. Our defence is the weakest part of our team and we need more security. If it costs 80 Million to fortify this position for the foreseeable future I would cement it with these guys. Keep Wallace Radu Bastos for rotation.

I would grab Simeone to replace Immobile. He seems to have similar characteristics as Immobile. Of course he would have to grow more to fill Immobile's shoes, but no striker in Europe can currently live up to that  immediate task as of today. I assume 35M for him.

Federico Chiesa would be my central attacking replacement. This might cost 50M given his age and accomplishments. Or we can buy somewhat low on Domenico Berardi.

This brings replacing SMS in the middle. I used up 165M of my projected 175M. This is where I would let Tare and his scouts try to gamble on another similar type of SMS signing as no player in Serie A seems to be of similar proportion, skill, and age that is attainable. I wouldn't mind Tare going out to find another. He has built a little bit of trust given this SMS signing.

*How would you spend it?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 05:05:50 PM by Cataldi4thewin »
Lazio need more Romans

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #1894 on: October 27, 2017, 05:25:47 PM »

*How would you spend it?

I'd spend it on a private jet and an island, because that's what Lotito is going to need to keep himself safe if he does that business.

Hell will freeze over before Juventus sell us Rugani and Caldara with Fiorentina giving up Simeone and Chiesa for our benefit.

Realistically, in Italy, you'd be looking at us signing players like Lucas Castro, Birsa, Freuler, Gomez, Samir, Barella etc. With our salary cap, we just won't attract better.

And when it comes to foreign talent, it's difficult without following a league very closely to suggest names and I think in this day and age, also difficult to know who we could realistically chase.

Yes, it's a fantasy thread but if we could go with pure fantasy, I'd use the 175 million to buy one of Messi's legs.

LazioKosovo

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #1895 on: October 27, 2017, 05:38:46 PM »

*How would you spend it?

I'd spend it on a private jet and an island, because that's what Lotito is going to need to keep himself safe if he does that business.

Hell will freeze over before Juventus sell us Rugani and Caldara with Fiorentina giving up Simeone and Chiesa for our benefit.

Realistically, in Italy, you'd be looking at us signing players like Lucas Castro, Birsa, Freuler, Gomez, Samir, Barella etc. With our salary cap, we just won't attract better.

And when it comes to foreign talent, it's difficult without following a league very closely to suggest names and I think in this day and age, also difficult to know who we could realistically chase.

Yes, it's a fantasy thread but if we could go with pure fantasy, I'd use the 175 million to buy one of Messi's legs.

This is one of few things on what I agree with you.  :razz:

Sile

• LF Legend
« Reply #1896 on: October 27, 2017, 05:43:00 PM »

If we managed to sell these players for that sum, I'd like to see the remainder of our debt paid off, salary cap raised a bit and basically continuing our approach of developing players and selling them for a profit while maintaining a top7 place.
That would allow us to challenge for Scudetto in 5-6 years time and maybe bring enough funds to start thinking about our own stadium
Bike to work. Work to live. Live to bike.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #1897 on: October 27, 2017, 05:51:59 PM »

This is one of few things on what I agree with you.  :razz:

I'm sure you could find more  :supsmile:

If we managed to sell these players for that sum, I'd like to see the remainder of our debt paid off, salary cap raised a bit and basically continuing our approach of developing players and selling them for a profit while maintaining a top7 place.

I completely agree with the sentiment of investing in infrastructure and thinking long-term, but...

...I don't think the debt really matters much at this stage. It's significant for a club like us but if we were making Europe season in, season out, maybe the odd CL campaign, I don't think it's any more significant than the debt a top club holds.

We could raise the salary cap, but ultimately, being able to keep the ceiling on that a bit higher would depend on results on the pitch and if you sell Immobile, SMS, Luis Alberto etc., then you're risking not being able to generate the revenue to keep the cap raised.

Realistically, I don't see a stadium getting built soon either. 1927 got one approved but it was approved because it's not what they want to build, so they haven't got anything approved as it stands and according to reports, as much as Lotito has been demanding a stadium in public, he hasn't sent in his latest plans.

So it's really difficult. I do think if Immobile and SMS keep up their form, you could get 150 million combined for the pair in the summer and I think we've a manager who can keep us where we are with an inferior squad which would make it wise to sell in theory.

But in practice, not actually sure if we can put the money to good use  :wuzz:

Cataldi4thewin

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #1898 on: October 27, 2017, 07:44:08 PM »

wow. you guys are no fun whatsoever. I said how would you spend the money and you guys shoot down the possibilities.

Just for this thread sakes, what would you guys buy given the relative transfer values of players and plus some incentive cash just trying to pry them off their club.

My signings would be from 175M Spending budget

Christensen from Chelsea exchange
Simeone (35M)
Chiesa (50M)
Romagnoli (40M ACM will need to sell if no champions league)
Rugani or Caldara (40M, Nice profit for Juve for bench players, they will get De Vrij or better anyways)
Tare Gamble in Mid. (10M)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 07:46:05 PM by Cataldi4thewin »
Lazio need more Romans

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #1899 on: October 28, 2017, 10:49:55 AM »

Just for this thread sakes, what would you guys buy given the relative transfer values of players and plus some incentive cash just trying to pry them off their club.

I'd probably buy the players I mentioned earlier.

Sell de Vrij and if you buy Samir and Izzo, you now have two players for every role in our backline and that shouldn't cost more than 25 million.

Sell SMS and picking up Lucas Castro and Freuler is probably as close as we get to replacing him. Birsa could replace Luis Alberto in the short-term and you could pick up Nani permanently or Alejandro Gomez to add competition and then Barella is the kid you can punt on for the future. That would be, at the very most, 90 million?

Then you have 60 million and have to find Immobile's successor and although he's 33, I'd see us with little option to spend whatever it would take to get Jonas from Benfica for a season or two.

So, to summarise...

Out: Immobile, SMS, Luis Alberto, de Vrij
In: Samir, Izzo, Freuler, Lucas Castro, Birsa, Nani (or Gomez), Barella, Jonas.
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 194