Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Smartphones  (Read 802 times)

Amir

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
Smartphones
« on: September 22, 2014, 03:43:25 PM »

I don`t have a clue how we did not have such a topic on this forum when I am sure most of us own a smartphone or owned for several years now.

So, you a fan of Iphone or Android world?

I for one am totally Android - owing to my uncle who lives on Switzerland, I have owned so far

- Samsung S1
- Samsung S 2 - then I decided to switch to HTC.

Currently I own a HTC One X+ with 64 GB whereas my uncle bought me the newest HTC model and one of the top 3 smart phones right now HTC ONE M8.

You?
AVE LAZIO - Popolus tuus te acclamat

ArmLaziale

• LF Legend
Re: Smartphones
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 04:32:28 PM »

Have been on a Windows phone for the past year (Lumia) and was not quite excited with it. Looking for a new phone and those chinese makers keep popping up everywhere, so I decided to do a little research, so far I found a couple of great bargains on paper, watching reviews and reading about them - a lot of positives, but the biggest one - the price.
You can actually get some Octacore CPU phones for about 250 - 300 dollars, you have to be careful choosing though as the wcdma and Gsm standards not always match the european frequencies.
I have stopped on Jiayu G5S, but I am willing to kill my Nokia first (not an easy task^^) then move on.
Lenovo is another brand with a more familiar name and you can find a couple of very good phones on chinese websites. Other brands worth researching - Xiaomi, Asus, Nexus. If you are  looking for something more exclusive, you can check LG G3.

piojo84

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 04:45:02 PM »

consider buying a new smartphone soon..based on good review(price  :razz:) from some websites and friends maybe i will try lenovo or asus for my next phone..

Caxi

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 05:19:02 PM »

I've said it in other topics before, but I cannot stress how poor Asus' customer service is. I bought a tablet from them a few years back, needed to be repaired only a month or so in, and it came back working but with a badly scratched screen. Would they replace it? Nope. Just ignored my emails.

Hadi Van Der Vaart

• LF Legend
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 05:27:01 PM »

I use Samsung so far, both the smartphone n tab. For me they are still the biggest brand for android. But now there are many brands with bargain price like Asus or Lenovo. Some of my friends have that n their phones have better specification than me but also cheaper.

I never try windows OS but I guess it's basically the same with on PC. For me the best OS is android because there is no limitation in that especially if you have root your phone. iOS? Haha.. It is trolled in many gadget forum nowadays.
Players come and go, but my Lazio is still eternal.
FORZA LAZIO!!!

Hadi Van Der Vaart

• LF Legend
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 05:40:03 PM »

Oh yeah, reading Caxi post remind me of something about Asus. My girlfriend bought Asus phone about 2 months ago n I just realized it has problem on the screen. One side of the screen (right bottom) little bit pop up from the case. I went google it to solve the problem n found out many people have similar problem with their Asus phone. They advised to see Asus centre n they will replace the phone with the new one, but the process will be long. However my girlfriend didnt do that because she has one year guarantee n so far there is no problem with her phone beside that screen.
Players come and go, but my Lazio is still eternal.
FORZA LAZIO!!!

Caxi

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2014, 05:53:37 PM »

Oh yeah, reading Caxi post remind me of something about Asus. My girlfriend bought Asus phone about 2 months ago n I just realized it has problem on the screen. One side of the screen (right bottom) little bit pop up from the case. I went google it to solve the problem n found out many people have similar problem with their Asus phone. They advised to see Asus centre n they will replace the phone with the new one, but the process will be long. However my girlfriend didnt do that because she has one year guarantee n so far there is no problem with her phone beside that screen.

I wouldn't advise against buying Asus, but I would be keen to tell people to be aware that they definitely have a customer service problem. It wouldn't put me off buying from them again because it is good value, but I once had a Sony laptop that was broken 2-3 weeks out of warranty and they fixed it for me for free. That's the kind of customer service I expect to get with these companies.

The Undertaker

• LF Legend
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2014, 07:47:48 PM »

I have my first smartphone bought about 6 months ago. It's Sony Xperia M. For now everything is OK. Good value for money and services...

Caxi

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2014, 08:02:01 PM »

I have my first smartphone bought about 6 months ago. It's Sony Xperia M. For now everything is OK. Good value for money and services...

Same as my girlfriends. Probably the best mid-range smartphone at the time, probably a good bit cheaper now.

I have an HTC Wildfire S. Does the job.

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2014, 09:11:00 PM »

I've been a fandroid for years. .but getting bored with them

I mighty get an iphone 6 to try it out..its just a lot of money to spend to try something else.
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6