Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Smartphones  (Read 803 times)

hamid

• LF Legend
Re: Smartphones
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2016, 01:51:07 PM »

I'm considering to buy a new cellphone, and I've found it pretty difficult to decide on what handset to buy.

I'm not a kind of person who buys new gadgets every few months, and my current smartphone is a low-end Android Chinese brand, if you could call it a smartphone!

I have selected some models to choose one from them. To name a few so that you could get a sense of how much I am ready to spend for a cellphone, I could name these: Samsung Galaxy S6, Samsung Galaxy A7, Samsung Galaxy A5, LG G5, LG V10, Huawei Mate 8, Huawei P9.

Both Huawei models (Mate 8 and P9) seem to be good phones, although one's display is 6 inches and the other one's 5.2 inches.

I'm not going to play intensive games, but it's really important for me that the phone doesn’t have hanging and lagging peoblems in daily use. Also I want it to be usable for at least 2 or 3 years.

Any suggestions?  :beer:

we breathe LAZIO

Sile

• LF Legend
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2016, 02:00:13 PM »

Huawei Nexus6 could also fit the bill, it's plenty strong and you'd be among the first to get all the OS upgrades.

It's hard to look past the camera quality on the P9, Samsung has it's own appeal. However, they're flagship models and heavy marketing made their prices sky-high, you could snoop around for a good Meizu or Cubot or sth, put a custom rom on it and let it fly.

I have a Sony M4 Aqua, it's a solid phone but the overall interface of Sony phones is annoying to me. I miss the home button from my Samsung S3. The only thing that sets the M4 apart from most phones is the water and dust resistance, I don't have to worry about rain or sweat when out on my bike, or hiking. Battery is decent, the screen is big enough but not as good as the AMOLED screens on Samsungs.

So it's a tradeoff wherever you look.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 02:06:58 PM by Sile »
Bike to work. Work to live. Live to bike.

Amir

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2016, 09:42:38 AM »

Samsung Galaxy S6, Samsung Galaxy A7, Samsung Galaxy A5, LG G5, LG V10, Huawei Mate 8, Huawei P9.

All good choices must admit.
Check of Note 5 is in that price range. If yes, go with that one and if not, pick one between A7; LG V10 or Huawei P9.
AVE LAZIO - Popolus tuus te acclamat

Lazio Forever

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2016, 05:47:27 PM »

Bought the Note 5 a week ago and I can say it's a very good piece of hardware.
Upgraded from a Note 3 I can say, that extra 1GB Ram its doing its job and makes a difference.

Terzino

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2016, 06:00:10 PM »

I recieved my new phone 3 days ago, ZTE Axon 7. I'm loving it  :beer:

Silindeee

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2016, 06:13:16 PM »

Best smartphones you can buy and save money , and they will last easy for 3 years , are lg g5 and one plus 3 for me!

Amir

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2016, 10:05:16 AM »

Bought the Note 5 a week ago and I can say it's a very good piece of hardware.
Upgraded from a Note 3 I can say, that extra 1GB Ram its doing its job and makes a difference.

Have a Note 4 myself and thinking to ugrade!
AVE LAZIO - Popolus tuus te acclamat

hamid

• LF Legend
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2016, 01:19:20 PM »

One plus 3?  :whistle:

Is it a chinese brand? We dont have that brand available here in Iran, and that is strange because Chinese brands usually find Iranian market very attractive to promote and sell their products.
BTW, I bought P9 two days ago. The reason that I chose it over Mate 8 was its smaller size, because it's important to me to be able to put my phone into my pocket.
I'll try to write about my experience with this new phone in a month. Maybe some sort of review from a totally non-geek!  :supsmile:
we breathe LAZIO

Sile

• LF Legend
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2016, 01:57:37 PM »

The best feature on the P9 is the camera, please no selfies you might break the phone or the internet
Bike to work. Work to live. Live to bike.

Bizzy

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2017, 07:19:26 AM »

Samsung S7 since nov '16

« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 07:26:47 AM by Bizzy »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]