Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: A striker for next season, who ?  (Read 9736 times)

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
A striker for next season, who ?
« on: March 23, 2015, 12:08:23 AM »

Hey guys,

Opening this topic to discuss our current situation with a striker and what we should do in the summer.

Right now we have Klose, Djordevic, Perea in the first team as strikers.

Personally, I don't have faith in any of those 3 carrying us forward as the main striker. Klose is old now, like really old in football years and you can see this on his performances. His work rate is excellent, but he is not ruthless enough for a club that wants to challenge a team like Juventus for instance. And certainly not for 2 mill euros a year...with our wage cap in mind.

For Djordevic, I feel we've made a mistake tying us down for 5 years with this player. He's a decent striker, but not good enough to be in the starting 11 every week in the Serie A.

Lastly Perea who I feel will never get a chance to prove himself and I suspect he will be loaned out again next summer. A shame, the kid has potential. But the expectations doesn't allow for us to bet so highly on an kid that hasn't proven himself.

I will list some strikers who I feel WOULD be realistic proven we do qualify for the CL by taking 2nd spot.

Take this as a fantasy topic to get a discussion going and keep in mind that we're trying to move forward as a club, if Lotito wants to do just that he needs to aim higher when making the next purchase for a striker. Some of you will think some of the options are insane, others will find all of them to be realistic  :vcool:

ps: I voted for Immobile myself because I feel he would be perfect for us. Not a cheap striker, but expect Dortmund to be very active in the Mercato and I feel they would let him go back to Italy.

Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

christ_JM

• Aquila Senior
Re: A striker for next season, who ?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 12:29:55 AM »

Hey guys,

Opening this topic to discuss our current situation with a striker and what we should do in the summer.

Right now we have Klose, Djordevic, Perea in the first team as strikers.

Personally, I don't have faith in any of those 3 carrying us forward as the main striker. Klose is old now, like really old in football years and you can see this on his performances. His work rate is excellent, but he is not ruthless enough for a club that wants to challenge a team like Juventus for instance. And certainly not for 2 mill euros a year...with our wage cap in mind.

For Djordevic, I feel we've made a mistake tying us down for 5 years with this player. He's a decent striker, but not good enough to be in the starting 11 every week in the Serie A.

Lastly Perea who I feel will never get a chance to prove himself and I suspect he will be loaned out again next summer. A shame, the kid has potential. But the expectations doesn't allow for us to bet so highly on an kid that hasn't proven himself.

I will list some strikers who I feel WOULD be realistic proven we do qualify for the CL by taking 2nd spot.

Take this as a fantasy topic to get a discussion going and keep in mind that we're trying to move forward as a club, if Lotito wants to do just that he needs to aim higher when making the next purchase for a striker. Some of you will think some of the options are insane, others will find all of them to be realistic  :vcool:

ps: I voted for Immobile myself because I feel he would be perfect for us. Not a cheap striker, but expect Dortmund to be very active in the Mercato and I feel they would let him go back to Italy.

Any of them except for Pazzini please.
Laziale!

117bono117

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 01:00:34 AM »

well, well, well, nass suggested we make business with man city... i believe DZEKO is an unwanted player there after the capture of the samurai lad bony. so i would splash all the transfer budget on this transfer. even if we have to pay him a million or two extra per year. bring him on. the guy would fit our system amazingly. and he would be a very good replacement for klose, if not better. it can cost us around 12.14 such as juventus caprtured tevez the same way from city. but i would love to see dzeko in our light blue shirt.

:razz: quiet nice i posted this yesterday in some thread  :whistle:
SS LAZIO: A BATTLE OF PRIDE!!

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 01:06:54 AM »

well, well, well, nass suggested we make business with man city... i believe DZEKO is an unwanted player there after the capture of the samurai lad bony. so i would splash all the transfer budget on this transfer. even if we have to pay him a million or two extra per year. bring him on. the guy would fit our system amazingly. and he would be a very good replacement for klose, if not better. it can cost us around 12.14 such as juventus caprtured tevez the same way from city. but i would love to see dzeko in our light blue shirt.

:razz: quiet nice i posted this yesterday in some thread  :whistle:

That's why I put him in there  :supsmile:

He's been mentioned before though, as a fantasy transfer of course.

He probably wouldn't be too expensive, considering the fact he's like 4th or 5th choice for Man City.
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 09:07:18 AM »

Only player named in this list that I think is realistic is Pazzini.

So I voted for other - anyone but Pazzini.

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 09:16:19 AM »

I voted for Immobile, however I think that while he may leave Dortmund and return to Serie A, I think he may end up elsewhere.
Dzeko would be a great buy, but theres no way we could match the wages he is on at City which I think would put him off.

As Caxi said, I think the only realistic one is Pazzini. I wouldnt be against the idea, hes a good player still, but id prefer him instead of Djordjevic, as a number 2 striker instead of the main guy.

Amir

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 09:37:16 AM »

I made it clear that I want a new striker, better then current Klose and Djordjevic. One capable of syncing well with Felipe, Candreva, Mauri and others.

So, Yes - but I am not sure if any from the list are realistic.
AVE LAZIO - Popolus tuus te acclamat

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2015, 10:11:43 AM »

So, .... nice topic ilsempre! :beer:

I also posted something in a private message, what fits in here.

From that list .... Jackson Martinez is in my opinion someone who we may be able to get. I like that guy, and if our management is able to do some good work, he would be the right one.
Dzeko will not cancel his wages for us. He simply earns enough to go to another club. Would be for sure a good striker, but too expensive.

Immobile ... i'm completely unsure about this guy. I also think that in this case too, that our management would be able to do some business, but i'm not sure if Immobile is the right one for us. Difficult - but before we get no one, i would try him.

Anyway ... for me, there are 2 players who i would like to see:
- if we make only EL, then we need to sign someone cheaper. Soriano from Red Bull Salzburg is in his best age. Getting 30 in September, and would be a cheaper solution for a new striker.
Yes, many will say ... austrian league ... is he good enough?.....
If we don't make CL, we will still have Djordjevic and Soriano would be a good cheap challenger for him. Scored in many Europa league games. Good technic, good shot, good freekicks.

- if we make the big point ... CL ... i think that Napoli will not make it in the end. Gabbiadini is in my opinion still one of the best strikers in Serie A. Benitez don't really use him in the right way.
And i know that he turned us down (who knows if this is really that true...), but in my opinion only because of Klose and Djordjevic here as a lone striker.
Napoli has more money, and he has there only Higuain as his "opponent". Sometimes, Gabbiadini plays next to him.
So, if we really get this spot, Gabbiadini would be my target!

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2015, 10:22:19 AM »

Soriano is a good shout and someone I had in mind.

Alberto Bueno has 15 goals in 25 games in La Liga and is free this summer. Genoa and Palermo were linked to him last week, but if Tare is in the freebie market, don't be surprised. He's not a world class player by any means, but he's pretty lethal.

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2015, 11:24:04 AM »

Nice topic,
 I vote Dzeko- no doubts  :vcool:
 Player who can lead this team to win scudeto.
 Unrealistic - Yes, Impossible - not.
 Pazzini ? maybe some years before, not now.
 Salary ? Ambitions ? But even Lotito deserve his chance  :winner:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13