Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: A striker for next season, who ?  (Read 9403 times)

frederick

• Aquilotto
Re: A striker for next season, who ?
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2015, 12:06:43 PM »

I would personally prefer someone who knows Serie A well.. My pick would be either Immobile or Berardi. I wouldn't mind Matri too..

BoDz4

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2015, 01:31:10 PM »

I voted Dzeko, but I also like Lacazette and Immobile. Lacazette could fit perfectly, and also play on wings, but he might be flop cuz he is still too young and change of leagues could not make good for him. Immobile is strong but Dzeko would have much bigger influence than him. So Dzeko. But I agree all of them are unrealistic, even Pazzini but for different reasons. Pioli is clever enough to not want him :D

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2015, 01:40:16 PM »

In danger of trolling the topic, just how exactly can we as a collective suggest de Vrij at 25 million would be cheap, but believe Lazio could sign Lacazette.

If de Vrij is worth more than 25 million, Lacazette is worth about 60 or 70.

I'm all up for these fantasy topics because they get the debate going. Back in the day on this forum, you'd have guys who have prepared a dossier on potential transfer targets and you'd end up discussing 100 players who have not and never will be linked to Lazio.

But more often than not, the dossier contained more realistic targets. I think for the sake of my sanity, I could do with someone putting forward some more modest names.

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2015, 01:52:56 PM »

In danger of trolling the topic, just how exactly can we as a collective suggest de Vrij at 25 million would be cheap, but believe Lazio could sign Lacazette.

If de Vrij is worth more than 25 million, Lacazette is worth about 60 or 70.

I'm all up for these fantasy topics because they get the debate going. Back in the day on this forum, you'd have guys who have prepared a dossier on potential transfer targets and you'd end up discussing 100 players who have not and never will be linked to Lazio.

But more often than not, the dossier contained more realistic targets. I think for the sake of my sanity, I could do with someone putting forward some more modest names.

Not really true, Cathal. A good defender is hard to find, while for a midfielder or a striker one has many cheaper options. Van Gaal said to the dutch TV yesterday that what Man Utd really misses is a strong leader in defense, suggesting that he might spend some good cash in summer for one. I do not think that he means De Vrij, i think he is looking more towards Hummels or somebody like that. But it remains to be seen.

Also, dont get me wrong: I did not say that De Vrij is worth NOW more than 25 mil. He is probably worth less as he is just a 23 yo who proved mature enough for Italy and the Dutch NT. But he did not achieve anything significant yet. What I said is that I dont think 25 mil would be enough to convince Lotito in summer if we make it to CL. The De Vrij investment was already 10 mil so far and Lotito knows that he will have trouble finding a suitable replacement without spending 10 mil. So the margin is not that big to convince him and De Vrij (who might want to stay 1-2 years more to develop - at least this is what he says to the dutch media). Remember that we have also bought Hoedt to play next to De Vrij in a "dutch" back line, so I would be surprised if Lotito would give up De Vrij without a massive offer.

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2015, 02:01:29 PM »

And to answer this particular topic - I do not think that any of the strikers mentioned would come to Lazio and I do not think that we could afford any of them. I would be happy if Klose stays. With him and Djordje we would be covered, and we would probably buy a decent youngster or a quality one if we qualify for CL.

For me, I would go for a decent promise from Serie A like Andrea Belotti or Nicola Sansone. We could also look towards somebody like Paloschi or Berardi. Belfodil will also be available for cheap and I do think that he would eventually make it.

blue-white

• LF Legend
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2015, 02:05:52 PM »

For me, I would go for a decent promise from Serie A like Andrea Belotti or Nicola Sansone. We could also look towards somebody like Paloschi or Berardi. Belfodil will also be available for cheap and I do think that he would eventually make it.

Can't agree here. Berardi is good, but fully owned by Juve. And i would still go with Keita as a front striker instead of Berardi.
We need a power man upfront. No Sansone, no Paloschi.

I want someone where the opponents already think "f*ck, not that one please". Gabbiadini can be someone like that. But we need to spend much money for him.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 02:08:03 PM by blue-white »

birulangit

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2015, 02:25:32 PM »

Im the only one choosing djordjevic  :supsmile:

Most of the names doesnt seem realistic.. and djordjevic wouldnt leave the team..
i dont even believe klose will leave now that we will be in europe

So i think it will be djordjevic - klose - perea still.

Nass

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2015, 05:28:03 PM »

I voted for other! My ultimate fantasy would be getting not Dzeko but Jovetic, on a loan first year with options depending on matches played. That I see as a reasonable imagination because for me Jovetic is better than Immobile and has some boss experience from a tougher league. I believe Jovetic would want to come back and be a star and show what he's learned from Endland. Further I believe Man C will not pressure us to cough up the whole sum at once, at the same time I believe they are willing to pay off half of his salary if he gets time here.

For us to be able to keep him, we loan him for two seasons with options to buy paying in installments. Man C would also need productive players for this to happen so they wouldn't want him back if he reach success here.

117bono117

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2015, 09:09:04 PM »

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/456997/Manchester-City-s-Edin-Dzeko-ready-to-accept-pay-cut-to-push-through-Dortmund-move

after reading this, i don't know if we can get dzeko... unless lotito can take the salary gap up without making the other players mad abt it... but i really think that we HAVE to get a new striker if we make it to CL, however 7 m for dzeko is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too much. i dont know what to think or who might be the right choice for us.
but we definitely can't go on with klose and djorjevic unless the latter proves to be a wonderful striker the minute he comes back from injury, and maybe explode like felipe did.. (i know this is fiction) but it's the only way to be able to compete and still have this adorable form.
SS LAZIO: A BATTLE OF PRIDE!!

ilsemprelaziale

• LF Legend
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2015, 09:12:33 PM »

lol he makes 7 mill pounds..which is like 9-10 mill euros a year..think about that. that's the same as our top 6 highest paid players all together..what a joke.

if he goes to Dortmund, we should make a move for Immobile..

Apparently Immobile gets a little over 2 mill a year in Dortmund. would he take a paycut to go back to Italy, play in the CL and be the starting striker? He would be dumb not to...but who knows..
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13