Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: CIES Observatory Rankings  (Read 4663 times)

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
CIES Observatory Rankings
« on: March 31, 2015, 08:44:00 AM »

The CIES observatory have analysed player performance in the big 5 leagues and find the following players to be among the top 15 players in the big 5 leagues in 2015.

Lucas Biglia (4th best midfielder)
Stefan de Vrij (joint 6th best centre-back)
Dusan Basta (9th best full-back)

Needless to say, there is one high-profile omission...

Dakiller961

• Aquila Imperiale
Re: CIES Observatory Rankings
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 08:51:43 AM »

Wow, just checked this ste. very interesting.

Thanks Cathal, did not know this existed !

Dakiller961

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 08:55:40 AM »

The CIES observatory have analysed player performance in the big 5 leagues and find the following players to be among the top 15 players in the big 5 leagues in 2015.

It says at least 66% of minutes. I think with the injury FA had, he did not do 66% of total Lazio minutes since January 1st.
I might be wrong

Rizmo

• LF Legend
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 09:09:08 AM »

Interesting. But you must disagree with the inclusion of De Vrij and Biglia? I do think that the partnership with Mauricio has made De Vrij better but Biglia has been a beast all season long.

It took him a full season to acclimatise and now he's developed into one of the top midfielders not only in the league but in europe as well. Biglia was one of my dream transfers and was so happy when it went through, but then he had many here on the forum against him but now he's proving them all wrong.

Felipe's not inluded as it seems the analysis doesn't see goals and assists as key factors.

... but I'm sure I'm correct and you are wrong.

"Maki man, Maki man, e'erbody do the Maki man, cos Maki can, Maki can, e'erbody know that Maki can cos he da man, he da man, e'erbody know that he da man, so be his fan, be his fan, e'erbody be the Maki fan" - Caxi dropping some truth on ya'll.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 09:14:08 AM »

I actually think Felipe Anderson probably falls short of the minutes required, if there is a 66% threshold.

I wouldn't disagree with the inclusions at all. Few teams would have had as easy schedule and few teams have been playing as well and so on. And the three that made the list have been playing well recently.

I think people like it when our players gain some recognition, so this is nice.

LazioKosovo

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 10:38:20 AM »

One Serb sport commentator once said: Statistics are like bikini, they really do not hide nor do they show.
Personally I am a statistics person but only if you collect and process right data. Oh yes, you need to read them properly. By the way, the trio De Vrij, Biglia and Anderson are backbone of Lazio. 

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 11:29:42 AM »

One Serb sport commentator once said: Statistics are like bikini, they really do not hide nor do they show.

Perfect!!! :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 11:51:06 AM »

That's a pretty great way of putting it.

Point I'd make is that stats should be used to support an argument rather than create one.

The figures tell us that Biglia, de Vrij and Basta have played well in the last 3 months in comparison to their peers. Sure, we can use that to back-up an argument in favour of those three, but I'd like to see this data over an entire season or even better, their careers.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2015, 01:02:03 PM »

The fact Biglia & De Vrij are in the list does not surprise me, altough i did not expect Biglia that high.  However Basta as 9th best FB is a surprise to me, not that he did bad not at all, but still.

Good for the club, these stats ....  :bravo:

rivo

• Aquilotto
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2015, 11:58:45 AM »

Hahaha
You know my response to this study guys.

I am disappointed.
There must be some flaws in the method they use.
How many people does this research institue has? Where does the data come from?
66% of minutes? First, what minute do they mean? Second, number-wise, is 66 something based on research or just their own number to exclude Felipe Anderson?
Non mollare mai
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9