Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: The Goners  (Read 3580 times)

Strategist

• Aquilotto
The Goners
« on: May 27, 2015, 01:21:14 PM »

Having left Rome a few hours ago with two bitter defeats in my bag, I can't shake the feeling that the team is at a crossroads.
If Pioli/Tare/Lotito get rid of the deadwood and replace them with a few ambitious newcomers with talent and character (apart from wacko Ravel and inexperienced Hoedt) this team might turn a few heads next season in Italy and abroad.
So who should we get rid of this summer?
In expectation of your thoughts, here are mine:

The Certain Goners:

Mauri
I was  never a fan of his. In my eyes he was always too slow, too frail, too much "playing out of trouble" to be likable, let alone a leader. Now that he's a shadow of his former self, he is practically unwatchable. Zero strength, zero stamina, zero speed. In the field he looks like a veteran in the midst of younger pros. His occasional assist cannot/should not justify him a position in the roster.

Novaretti
Reminds me a bit of Matias Lequi and Scooby Doo. Jumpy and confused most of the time, he is Serie C material.

Cana
Once upon a time a good anchor man, now he is inexcusably prone to silly mistakes due to bad positioning. No one trusts his abilities, neither his team-mates nor the fans.

Mauricio
Strong and versatile but with the mental capacity of a Brontosaurus. You cannot be a dimwit and expect to play at this level.

Ederson
When he signed for Lazio I was dumbstruck. At Lyon he was an immense disappointment and the Lyonnaise were eager to offload him to some hapless team. At Lazio he justified his bad reputation.  Injury-prone and lazy. Useless.

Perea
He was heralded as a major talent some time ago. I haven't seen the faintest glimpse of this talent. 

Cavanda
The fact that this dude is in the roster is a testimony of the ability of some cunning manager. Such a talentless fullback. 

Braafheid
Between a wrestler, a bouncer and a mediocre fullback.

Pereirinha
Fast, brainless and unable to defend.

Konko 
For krissakes.

Ledesma
Already gone. Ciao capitano leale.

Sculli
Is he still in Formello?

The Conditional Goners:

Klose
We love him, he's a hero, etc etc. He's also 36 and in the last games he looked evanescent. Even if he stays in Rome, he cannot be a starter for Lazio. Time catches up with everyone.

Lulic
Great memories, but is he top-tier material as a wing-back/winger? Far from it.

Gentilletti
An OK-ish center back who was suddenly upgraded by the media to a status he did not deserve after the game against Sampdoria.

Onazi 
He does not enjoy Pioli's trust and he seems to have stagnated in his evolution as a player. It's probably better for him and for the team if he moves on.

Radu
He is a fine player but also prone to injuries.

Keita
Tons of talent, grams of maturity. At times he looks unstoppable. Most of the time he looks like he's in the midst of an out-of-body experience - absent-minded and soft. If Pioli does not think he can make a star out of Ballotelli's younger sibling, off he goes.
Esistono due modi per tornare dal campo di battaglia: con la testa del nemico, o senza la propria.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
Re: The Goners
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 01:37:40 PM »

You've mentioned so many players, that is was probably easier to list the players you'd keep!  :razz:

Think you're being harsh on quite a few players, but this is who I would let go of in a fantasy world:

Marchetti, Cana, Ciani, Novaretti, Braafheid, Konko, Pereirinha, Ledesma, Ederson, Mauri, Klose.

Some of the players I would be reluctant to let go of because of their service to the club, but all-but-one of the above are over 30 and many are either injury prone or will not up to required standard long-term.

If we want to build a team for three competitions with a view to making progress, then we have to start being ruthless. Keep many of the above, and we're not going to move forward.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 01:43:53 PM »

Some of your remarks are demeaning and insulting!
I wouldnít start on this forum like that?  :whistle:

Agree with Caxiís list while adding Onazi.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 01:48:44 PM by Laziale for Life »

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 01:46:09 PM »

You list pretty much everyone...

Mauri, gone? No.
Klose, unlikely.
Gentiletti, absolutely not.

I imagine we will see leave Ciani, Cana (maybe), Novaretti, Konko, Pereirinha, Ledesma, Onazi, Cavanda, Ederson. Sculli doesnt count IMO since hes never involved and his contract is up anyway so hell be gone for sure.

Id be surprised if any more leave, unless a big money offer comes in for one of the bigger players.

Strategist

• Aquilotto
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 01:46:56 PM »

Do not take my remarks the wrong way. My writing is a bit on the dark side at times, but I mean no disrespect.
That said, I call it as I see it.
Esistono due modi per tornare dal campo di battaglia: con la testa del nemico, o senza la propria.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 02:03:13 PM »

Do not take my remarks the wrong way. My writing is a bit on the dark side at times, but I mean no disrespect.
That said, I call it as I see it.

Good comeback. Not judging you on this, the comments on Mauri & Mauricio i found a bit to harsh. I also think itís more then due for him to leave, but with respect.  Totally disagree about Gentiletti, he cannot be judged at this time. Iím surprised you went easy on Radu, iíve been harsher this season. I have seen much talent in Perea, very gifted player but he hasnít been able to breakthrough yet.

But i agree in general of course, lotís of work for Tare this summer ...

Strategist

• Aquilotto
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 02:12:10 PM »

Good comeback. Not judging you on this, the comments on Mauri & Mauricio i found a bit to harsh. I also think itís more then due for him to leave, but with respect.  Totally disagree about Gentiletti, he cannot be judged at this time. Iím surprised you went easy on Radu, iíve been harsher this season. I have seen much talent in Perea, very gifted player but he hasnít been able to breakthrough yet.

But i agree in general of course, lotís of work for Tare this summer ...

Matter-of-factly, I battled with myself to avoid including Marchetti, a pet-peeve of mine. I dislike him intensely, but after seeing Berisha in the last few games, I opted to let him be :vcool:

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2015, 02:28:24 PM »

Apart from the fringe players that we already are pretty sure are leaving, it sounds like just players you dont like.

Strategist

• Aquilotto
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2015, 02:32:15 PM »

Apart from the fringe players that we already are pretty sure are leaving, it sounds like just players you dont like.

Well, ain't that the truth.
Mind you though, it's not like I'm Mauri's neighbor and he poisoned my dogs.
I simply do not like him as a player (=I do not think he is right for Lazio).
My opinion is totally subjective &  I do not claim I hold some special football-related knowledge that you don't. 

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2015, 02:32:26 PM »

My list

Gone:

Novaretti
Cana
Ederson
Perea
Cavanda
Pereinha
Konko
Ledesma
Sculli
Onazi

Those players just don't bring anything to the team anymore and our squad is already too big.

The rest I am happy to keep.

Klose is the big maybe for me...
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy
Pages: [1] 2 3