Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20

Author Topic: Patric (Patricio Gabarrón Gil)  (Read 4756 times)

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
Re: Patric (Patricio Gabarrón Gil)
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2016, 02:23:56 PM »

Near DV its easy to finish the match without mistake  :supsmile:

Amir

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2016, 03:42:05 PM »

Hope he becomes a regular. We need fresh blood. He can`t improve if not played more regularly.
AVE LAZIO - Popolus tuus te acclamat

Weninho

• LF Legend
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2016, 06:21:51 PM »

This is nothing personal against Patric who I though has done a great job, but what was so impressive with his performence against Udinese? He's clearly more solid than Lukaku in the own end of the pitch, which is good, but what did he offer going forward besides from keeping possession?

Basta, in my book, is still miles ahead.

Crni Đorđe

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2016, 06:55:17 PM »

As a full back his job is mainly to keep possession. Offensive assignments come second. Playing as full back must be something of easiest job in football - you have outline on one side, stopper on other side, you play simple passes to stopper or holding midfielder, covering zonal for most of time and not engage in overlapping runs unless your coach is complete bloke and put you on suicide missions with badly framed box-to-box and your side winger.

Basta's ability to raid on right side is visibly non-existent during last 12 months and his main assets - speed and stamina - are already on rapid decline. Basta ain't in right frame (both physical and mental) for a team that want to compete for European spots. Probability that he will offer more than Patric in coming months is really small in my book. On other hand, Patric probably won't offer enough too, because he was member of B team until his 22th birthday. Guy ain't deemed quality or talented enough, simply as that.

That being said, our full back positions are points of concern for next couple of mercato, together with goalie position.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 07:02:00 PM by Crni Đorđe »
sky blue is the color
eagle and shield are symbols...

Cathal

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2016, 07:07:31 PM »

Yeah, the first point I'd make is that a defenders job is to defend, mainly.

The second point I'd make is that Basta hasn't been doing anything going forward and hasn't been keeping possession either. In his entire Lazio career, he has 3 assists and 1 goal (against Bassano Virtus).

So while Basta gets forward a lot, I do question how useful he is being a player who gets forward a lot, contibutes little, and is then a liability at the back.

I wouldn't say Patric had a stellar game, but he kept it simple. That's what Konko did and why I preferred him to the aging Basta (the Basta at Udinese would've been worth 10.5 million).

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2016, 09:05:19 PM »

Yeah, the first point I'd make is that a defenders job is to defend, mainly.

The second point I'd make is that Basta hasn't been doing anything going forward and hasn't been keeping possession either. In his entire Lazio career, he has 3 assists and 1 goal (against Bassano Virtus).

So while Basta gets forward a lot, I do question how useful he is being a player who gets forward a lot, contibutes little, and is then a liability at the back.

I wouldn't say Patric had a stellar game, but he kept it simple. That's what Konko did and why I preferred him to the aging Basta (the Basta at Udinese would've been worth 10.5 million).

Agree with this.  Patric was overal decent at Udinese while Lukaku made 2 or 3 huge mistakes.
It seems he had very clear instructions for his role, he stayed much more at the back then in the 2 former subbing performances he did.

I have never been impressed by Basta at Lazio, very common RB adding not much extra to the team.
A fortune was spent on him, wich i most surely regret.

Weninho

• LF Legend
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2016, 10:25:45 PM »

As a full back his job is mainly to keep possession. Offensive assignments come second. Playing as full back must be something of easiest job in football - you have outline on one side, stopper on other side, you play simple passes to stopper or holding midfielder, covering zonal for most of time and not engage in overlapping runs unless your coach is complete bloke and put you on suicide missions with badly framed box-to-box and your side winger.

Which is I why I'm curious to why he's been recieving so much praise for his performence. It's not praise Basta would get, and he wasn't very tested defensively to be honest. This might be slightly exaggerated but if we look for the simple things, you could put Cataldi in that position and he would be an ok back-up as well. What's Patric's edge? Lukaku can't defend, but at least has his speed.

As much as I agree defense comes first, what Patric has showed on offensive half so far has simply been insufficient. The only contribution I've seen him make is keeping possession. I'm yet to see him actually take on a player or present a serious threat opening up space for the winger ahead of him. He's not very dynamic and his tempo is more suited for a team with a different approach than Inzaghi's. And again, that's nothing against him personally, he's been earning his chance. I just think he still has a lot to improve.

Basta's ability to raid on right side is visibly non-existent during last 12 months and his main assets - speed and stamina - are already on rapid decline. Basta ain't in right frame (both physical and mental) for a team that want to compete for European spots. Probability that he will offer more than Patric in coming months is really small in my book. On other hand, Patric probably won't offer enough too, because he was member of B team until his 22th birthday. Guy ain't deemed quality or talented enough, simply as that.

If you break it down, a direct comparison between Basta and Patric becomes pretty one-sided in favor of Basta. His speed and stamina might be in decline but now is now and he's not running less or slower than Patric. He's at least equally good with the ball, if not even better with the constructive pass, and I've not seen enough of Patric's defense to conclude he's more solid there. That leaves us with the ability of coming forward, where Basta's simply on another level. He's still someone who can take on his opponent and explore space to support his winger. Patric is very far from being that threat. Part of it is because he's simply not that kind of player, part of it is because he's playing without any risks whatsoever. Might work in a lead, but I would never put that kind of player out there if we're chasing a game.

I think he was crucial during the season where we finished third in Serie A. Wouldn't take his goals and assists as a receipt for failure either, as his main contribution to the team has always been running, running and a little more running for the team. He's been incredibly important for our wingers, and if Candreva and Keita wouldn't have been selfish players that stat would look a lot different.

I prefered Konko ahead of Basta as well, even back when we signed him, but if we're constantly going to bring Basta's age up as an argument for Patric, seems like we've forgotten about Konko's injury history already, and that Patric wasn't fit enough for a pre season just 2 summers ago.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 10:27:47 PM by Weninho »

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2016, 10:59:20 PM »

I hope that Patric can repaid for example Basta match vs Napoli( last round two seasons before) and second match-semi final vs Napoli also.

Cathal

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2016, 11:13:17 PM »

I think he was crucial during the season where we finished third in Serie A. Wouldn't take his goals and assists as a receipt for failure either, as his main contribution to the team has always been running, running and a little more running for the team. He's been incredibly important for our wingers, and if Candreva and Keita wouldn't have been selfish players that stat would look a lot different.

I prefered Konko ahead of Basta as well, even back when we signed him, but if we're constantly going to bring Basta's age up as an argument for Patric, seems like we've forgotten about Konko's injury history already, and that Patric wasn't fit enough for a pre season just 2 summers ago.

Basta was crucial during the 14-15 season, but I've no reason to believe Konko couldn't have been crucial if given the opportunity.

Basra declined dramatically last season. I personally thought he was terrible last season. He was the lowest-rated starting right-back in Serie A on WhoScored. Yeah, yeah, yeah stats aren't every thing but they also don't pluck numbers out of thin air - he got a low score because he didn't perform according to the parameters they set.

Running probably isn't one of those things they take into consideration, but I think you're too obsessed with running of late  :supsmile: I follow the distance covered numbers and Basta tends to average around 10.5km. Patric mamaged 10.6km yesterday. Am I missing something?

I wouldn't be getting carried away by Patric - I don't think he's starting eleven material - but neither is Basta for me. Basta, for me, isn't far off Serie B material. And this is a player I used to rate as one of the best wing-backs in Serie A, if not the best once upon a time.

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2016, 11:20:48 PM »

I dont know about runnings, but I'm shaking everytime when he have tha ball and when oppononents attack on his side.
 It's not only becouse of last derby- even earlier.
 But he is young- I hope that he will prove that I was wrong. I will be happy about that.
 Forza Patric.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20