Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: Petition for the assignment of 1914/1915 championship title  (Read 7649 times)

Eka_Baron

• LF Legend
Re: Petition for the assignment of 1914/1915 championship title
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2015, 02:06:59 PM »

I've been hear about this news several days ago and now has the chance to get participated. Done!

I know its a long shot,but this is the only chance to level the rioma title. for the justice i think we should join in the campaign 

:cnstend:  :band04:

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2015, 02:16:27 PM »

Better late than never, right?

Seriously though, it would be a nice show of sportsmanship for the two teams to agree to play on neutral ground for the championship.

Wouldn't it be cool? better to build some case and let a bunch of lawyers decide on it.

Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

moody

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2015, 03:01:38 PM »

The most logical thing to me is to revoke Genoa's title. The championship wasn't completed and nobody won, so it doesn't make sense to assign any winner. Assigning 2 champions is just absurd and shouldn't gain recognition.

the fryer

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2015, 03:21:51 PM »

Come to think about it, Lotito and his connections at the FIGC and Taveccio, now could be the best time for it.

thats true.. taveccio, lotito and lazio. this would be the best time.

but i dont think its fair to give 1 more scudetto to lazio because of that.
there couldnt be 2 winner in a season.

genoa shouldnt get the scudetto as well.

they should have just leave the season as undecided due to war.

but i will support the petition. adding a scudetto will not hurt :D
birulangit

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2015, 03:26:41 PM »

If this was 1915, then yes, I'd say don't assign the title to anyone.

Point is, they assigned the title at the time and gave it to Genoa but not Lazio, despite the fact they were both in the final of the Championship. Do you think it is fairer to take a Scudetto off Genoa 100 years later than to simply recognise Lazio as Champions in 1915 as well as Genoa?

Seems clear to me which is fairer.

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2015, 03:34:33 PM »

I would love to see that title awarded to us, it always stuck in my throat that it was awarded to Genoa. We would automatically catch riomma on 3 titles too which they would love... :supsmile:

BelgioSSL

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2015, 05:15:08 PM »

Funny, I came across this petition via the Biancocelesti app on my mobile. I signed the petition immediately. I hope they don't strip Genoa from the title though, that would be unfair too. It should be an ex aequo between Lazio and Genoa.
Favourite Laziali: S. Inzaghi, O. Dabo, S. Mauri.

moody

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2015, 05:34:03 PM »

Point is, they assigned the title at the time and gave it to Genoa but not Lazio, despite the fact they were both in the final of the Championship. Do you think it is fairer to take a Scudetto off Genoa 100 years later than to simply recognise Lazio as Champions in 1915 as well as Genoa?

After 100 years, definitely not a gentleman to take it away from Genoa. Not really a nice move for us also, seems like a whiner to others. Plus, none of us witnessed the period so none have much feelings either. Best is just leave it be and not make any fuss about it.

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2015, 07:00:26 PM »

After 100 years, definitely not a gentleman to take it away from Genoa. Not really a nice move for us also, seems like a whiner to others. Plus, none of us witnessed the period so none have much feelings either. Best is just leave it be and not make any fuss about it.

Why? It's hardly whining when either Lazio or Genoa would have won that Scudetto but they just gave it to Genoa because they are from the North. This was the general attitude in Italy and it was wrong then and is still wrong now.

Nobody is asking for Genoa to be stripped of the title, but if they are recognised as champions, why shouldn't we? They did nothing more than we did to deserve it.

Juventus are still fighting for their two titles back and they were stripped of them for match fixing, so it's hardly whining when we lost ours because of some ignorant and nonsensical decision.

Secret_Samadhi

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2015, 08:30:49 PM »

Well, fuk Genova and give us the title. :smile:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12