Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Petition for the assignment of 1914/1915 championship title  (Read 7650 times)

Eka_Baron

• LF Legend
Re: Petition for the assignment of 1914/1915 championship title
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2015, 11:06:35 PM »

I dont say that this will be easy,but if we manage to pull this one,the history of S.S Lazio will CHANGE forever. We should rewrite our destiny.

edo_shehb

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2015, 02:53:02 AM »

read it, sign it, pray for it!  :beer:

christ_JM

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2015, 05:31:23 AM »

If this was 1915, then yes, I'd say don't assign the title to anyone.

Point is, they assigned the title at the time and gave it to Genoa but not Lazio, despite the fact they were both in the final of the Championship. Do you think it is fairer to take a Scudetto off Genoa 100 years later than to simply recognise Lazio as Champions in 1915 as well as Genoa?

Seems clear to me which is fairer.

After 100 years, definitely not a gentleman to take it away from Genoa. Not really a nice move for us also, seems like a whiner to others. Plus, none of us witnessed the period so none have much feelings either. Best is just leave it be and not make any fuss about it.

Terrible post.

We are not whining because we lost, we are "whining" because we were equal winners and have not got the recognition for it.

That is standing up for what is right. It has nothing to do with whining.
Laziale!

hamid

• LF Legend
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2015, 09:08:22 AM »

Anyway, i read this story first for more than one month ago. What has been the response of authorities in charge about Lazio's request?!
we breathe LAZIO

moody

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2015, 01:23:37 PM »

If this was 1915, then yes, I'd say don't assign the title to anyone.

Point is, they assigned the title at the time and gave it to Genoa but not Lazio, despite the fact they were both in the final of the Championship. Do you think it is fairer to take a Scudetto off Genoa 100 years later than to simply recognise Lazio as Champions in 1915 as well as Genoa?

Seems clear to me which is fairer.

After 100 years, definitely not a gentleman to take it away from Genoa. Not really a nice move for us also, seems like a whiner to others. Plus, none of us witnessed the period so none have much feelings either. Best is just leave it be and not make any fuss about it.

Why? It's hardly whining when either Lazio or Genoa would have won that Scudetto but they just gave it to Genoa because they are from the North. This was the general attitude in Italy and it was wrong then and is still wrong now.

Nobody is asking for Genoa to be stripped of the title, but if they are recognised as champions, why shouldn't we? They did nothing more than we did to deserve it.

Juventus are still fighting for their two titles back and they were stripped of them for match fixing, so it's hardly whining when we lost ours because of some ignorant and nonsensical decision.

In response to this and chirst_jm, if we are looking into fairness, as I said before, both teams should not have the title. This is plain because the final outcome cannot be determined and both did not meet the criteria to be champions, so none were fully deserved winners.

There is no solid grounds on applying duo champions, but only solid grounds on revoking Genoa's title. I understand fans are eager to get 1 more title, but from an objective point of view and from neutrals, most would agree that no winner emerged in 1915, because it was abandoned due to a war.

From my own point of view, there is no need to argue for a title that was 100 years ago. Even the players were long gone. And for Genoa, their title is not legit to me, and I will not go after an illegit title either. I wont lose any sleep over this and I'd rather they be happy as they are.

Regarding Juventus, they are definitely whiners for me, having been convicted of match fixing and still trying to proclaim champions. For us, the matter is not that serious for sure, and some of you may consider the word whine overly negative, but there are some similarities on this which I'd hope you'd understand.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2015, 01:42:33 PM »

In response to this and chirst_jm, if we are looking into fairness, as I said before, both teams should not have the title. This is plain because the final outcome cannot be determined and both did not meet the criteria to be champions, so none were fully deserved winners.

There is no solid grounds on applying duo champions, but only solid grounds on revoking Genoa's title. I understand fans are eager to get 1 more title, but from an objective point of view and from neutrals, most would agree that no winner emerged in 1915, because it was abandoned due to a war.

From my own point of view, there is no need to argue for a title that was 100 years ago. Even the players were long gone. And for Genoa, their title is not legit to me, and I will not go after an illegit title either. I wont lose any sleep over this and I'd rather they be happy as they are.

Regarding Juventus, they are definitely whiners for me, having been convicted of match fixing and still trying to proclaim champions. For us, the matter is not that serious for sure, and some of you may consider the word whine overly negative, but there are some similarities on this which I'd hope you'd understand.

I understand where you are coming from completely; I just don't agree  :razz:

There is a precedent for taking titles away from cheats; that's why Juventus were stripped. That was fair.

I don't think there is a precedent for championships which were one or two games away from completion.

If Genoa and Lazio were in the final and Genoa were declared champions and Lazio not, is that fair? And if the answer is no, is it fair to strip Genoa of the title 100 years later?

The fair thing is surely to declare Lazio and Genoa as joint-Champions given the circumstances. Yes, it can be interpreted as whining to do so now, but it should've been done 100 years ago.

Caput Mundi

• LF Legend
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2015, 03:03:39 PM »

I really hope we don't pursue this. It would be embarrassing to the entire club.

Yes we would match Roma but, like it or not, nobody would give that third title any weight anyway.

Ancient history.
La Lazio и la nostra. Guai a chi la tocca.

Agent Orange

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2015, 03:44:29 PM »

I think it would be cool, it would without a doubt become a Media-hit, so many newspapers will write about it because it's a really strange but funny thing, so we would get publicity worldwide and recieve a joint Scudetto with Genoa from 1915!!!! that seems fair, fun and hilarious, i think we/you should proceed!
Forza Lazio!

Caput Mundi

• LF Legend
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2015, 06:42:32 AM »

I think it would be cool, it would without a doubt become a Media-hit, so many newspapers will write about it because it's a really strange but funny thing, so we would get publicity worldwide and recieve a joint Scudetto with Genoa from 1915!!!! that seems fair, fun and hilarious, i think we/you should proceed!

We would get only negative publicity. If we want to become known as a club of sore losers that tries to win off the pitch rather than on it, yes, we should proceed.
La Lazio и la nostra. Guai a chi la tocca.

Crni Đorđe

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2015, 05:01:25 PM »

People just need to let to history something that happened 100 years ago. This 'rehab' movements always make me sick, no matter is it political, sport, scientific or something else.

By standard of 1915 - Lazio didn't won title. Only important is 'standard of 1915' because of time when everything happened. By standard of 2015 - Lazio won a title. But you can't put 'standard of 2015' on something that happened in 1915. It's unfair to history and times that passed.

Ruling by this action, someone can petition that Lazio title from 2000 was compromised by 'suspicious circumstances' in term of weather, when Juventus played their match in Perugia. And so on, so on.

People - only race that want to touch everything, even if that everything can be piece of shit.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 05:08:15 PM by Crni Đorđe »
sky blue is the color
eagle and shield are symbols...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12